Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Dez Bryant's Career About To Be DD?

Load Metric

Is Dez Bryant's Career About To Be DD?

Rumor's are circulating that there is a "Ray Rice style video" that is about to be dropped. There is also speculation that this is the reason why he hasn't been signed to a long term deal, although the Cowboys are of course denying that.

This is a post from him on Twitter...

Name:  dez bryant twitter.png
Views: 724
Size:  246.6 KB

What is out on the net about this now...

http://seattle.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72...video-released

http://national.suntimes.com/nationa...-bryant-video/

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...Kew?srcref=rss

Also remember, this is a man who hit his own mother not too long ago...

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/17/dez-br...11-mother-bra/

On the 911 call, Angela says, "My son has assaulted me. He's here now. he won't go home. I keep telling him to go, he won't go." You can clearly hear an argument in the background as Angela says, "I can't let him keep doing me like this. I'm gonna put an end to it today."
    The guy obviously is a major hot head with a history of violence.

He's also not very bright, as evidenced by the "I took three steps and then dove across the goal line. You saw it, right?" bullshit he tried saying after they lost to the Pack.

Actually no Dez, we saw you come down on one foot and dive across the goal line and lose the ball in the process. Just cause you say you took three steps does not make it so.

Load Metric
    Been rumored since October. Still no video.

Load Metric
    I hate the Cowboys too but I think it might have been a catch. I know if Maclin caught it it was a catch!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Platinum
    Load Metric
    All those news articles are referencing the same blog...Terez Owens. He has had some fairly big scoops before, so wouldn't totally discount it. We will see.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Wow! This is the first I'm hearing about it.

"I might need to do an interview about the past 5 years of my life since the world is destined to know" makes it sound like that is about to change very soon.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Wow! This is the first I'm hearing about it.

"I might need to do an interview about the past 5 years of my life since the world is destined to know" makes it sound like that is about to change very soon.
    Ok let me explain. Dan Patrick said on his show yesterday he heard of the video back in October and there is still no video despite company's like TMZ who are willing to pay huge dollars for said video. He seems to think its bogus. I couldn't care less either way.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    I hate the Cowboys too but I think it might have been a catch. I know if Maclin caught it it was a catch!
    I don't care if it was an Eagles player or not, it was not a catch. I agree with the rule. Unless you take two steps you must control the ball until the end of the play. He clearly did not do that. As long as the rule is written that way, which IMO is correct and should stay that way, that was 100% not a catch.

The play the week before though with the PI that was reversed against the Lions... That was without a doubt PI. The best part about the whole situation was here you had all these Cowboys fans saying the old "one play does not determine a game" when the PI call went their way, then the following week crying for days about how they got fucked because of that one play.

Hysterical.

Load Metric
    I don't care if it was an Eagles player or not, it was not a catch. I agree with the rule. Unless you take two steps you must control the ball until the end of the play. He clearly did not do that. As long as the rule is written that way, which IMO is correct and should stay that way, that was 100% not a catch.

The play the week before though with the PI that was reversed against the Lions... That was without a doubt PI. The best part about the whole situation was here you had all these Cowboys fans saying the old "one play does not determine a game" when the PI call went their way, then the following week crying for days about how they got fucked because of that one play.

Hysterical.
    Name:  1305220136_homer-simpson-belly-pizza-eating.gif
Views: 627
Size:  353.3 KB
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric

Hysterical.
    Name:  1305220136_homer-simpson-belly-pizza-eating.gif
Views: 627
Size:  353.3 KB
    I'd be the first to admit to being a Homer, and I don't think I am being one here. That rule makes a lot of sense IMO. For years a catch was a judgement call, which led to too many bad calls. This makes it much more black and white. After coming down with the ball a player must make a "football move" (two legitimate steps), and then they have possession. Had Dez done that it would have been a fumble that he recovered when he crossed the line and would have definitely been a TD. He did not make a football move. Before the play was even ruled on I was saying that it was not a catch. Honestly I was kind of rooting for Dallas in that game cause I felt at the time they had a better chance vs the Hawks. Was not a catch, end of story.

Load Metric
    i hate dallas and dez but it looked like a catch to me. 100% pi in the detroit game

Load Metric
    Well... Now I went back and looked at it again and found the best angle possible. After looking at this closely again it's obv not as black and white as I originally thought. He actually did take two steps after coming down with the ball. The big question is should the last step count as a step considering he was falling forward. Technically he took three steps, but the first step DEFINITELY does not count because he was still juggling the ball to a certain degree. I will concede that if this was a situation where a player was going out of bounds that step falling forward would have been considered a step. Maybe I'm wrong about this after all. One thing is certain, this call would have gone the other way had this been in Dallas, and no one would be able to really argue that either.

Either way, you shouldn't beat women, so if that is the case and there is a video floating around out there, GG Dez.

Load Metric
    Of course, fuck dez.

Load Metric
    Well... Now I went back and looked at it again and found the best angle possible. After looking at this closely again it's obv not as black and white as I originally thought. He actually did take two steps after coming down with the ball. The big question is should the last step count as a step considering he was falling forward. Technically he took three steps, but the first step DEFINITELY does not count because he was still juggling the ball to a certain degree. I will concede that if this was a situation where a player was going out of bounds that step falling forward would have been considered a step. Maybe I'm wrong about this after all. One thing is certain, this call would have gone the other way had this been in Dallas, and no one would be able to really argue that either.

Either way, you shouldn't beat women, so if that is the case and there is a video floating around out there, GG Dez.
    That angle slow mo is the most deceptive IMO. Watch at live speed and imagine this in your mind- when he hits the ground the ball completely rolls away out of bounds. In live speed and completely loses it, not a soul on this planet is saying it's a catch. Therefore, it's not a catch. He completely loses contact with the ball when it clearly hits the ground.

I had good money on Dallas in that game. Still I know that's not a catch

Comments

gut: lol

nunbeater: this is horrible dude come on son
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Apparently media outlets are bidding on the tape. Screenshots sent out.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...sent-to-media/

Load Metric
    You have to be a serious clown, to make a case that that isn't a catch.
    I see three steps.

If that isn't a catch, the rule needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

That angle slow mo is the most deceptive IMO. Watch at live speed and imagine this in your mind- when he hits the ground the ball completely rolls away out of bounds. In live speed and completely loses it, not a soul on this planet is saying it's a catch. Therefore, it's not a catch. He completely loses contact with the ball when it clearly hits the ground.

San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    ITS A FUCKIN MONEY (agents) MOVE..

Great AGENTS know how to LEVERAGE..... Its just leverage for a higher contract, inducing a BIDDING war bc people/teams think he is actually a "free agent".

Brilliant agent move IMO!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Have any of the outlets confirmed there is a tape? I read that and LOL @ his camp wanting to buy the footage , they do that and another copy will pop up

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Have any of the outlets confirmed there is a tape? I read that and LOL @ his camp wanting to buy the footage , they do that and another copy will pop up

@MattLombardo975
    I'm not usually one to buy into rumors that start a weeklong groundswell on tabloid sites.. But, Schefter's reaction on Dez tape is telling.

@MattLombardo975
    About a 5 second pause in an interview.. "check back with me on that one." RT:“@D_DoubleU_El: @MattLombardo975 what did he say?”

@MattLombardo975
    Schefter said in an interview about Dez Bryant that he was working on video since September. Says he has to be careful what he says.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    You have to be a serious clown, to make a case that that isn't a catch.
    I see three steps.

If that isn't a catch, the rule needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Jimmy, the first step he takes the ball is not in his possession, he is juggling it at that point. You can not argue three steps here, only two. So the question is does the last step count as a step. IMO it's a judgement call. Of course you say shit like "you have to be a serious clown...", but in reality any RATIONAL person can see there is a LEGITIMATE argument for both cases. Just because someone disagrees with your "opinion" doesn't make them a clown. And by the way... All those "clowns" that judge this type of shit for a living, who actually WORK for the NFL, disagree with your opinion on this.

Personally after mulling this over a bit more I still side with no catch. His last step was not really a step. He was not in control of his body, he was falling forward, which then means he needs to control the ball until the end of the play. My assessment earlier was somewhat incorrect. Had this been a situation where he was going out of bounds, even though he would have gotten two feet down it would have been ruled "no catch" simply because he did not control the ball till the end of the play.

Thread Information