Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Morbid obesity

Load Metric
    34 pounds down now, starting to increase walking as lower weight makes it easier to walk faster and for longer, to offset TDEE taper. calories in, calories out, everything else is bollocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    nice job dude.congrats

Load Metric
    Keep up the good work.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Congrats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Congrats.

Had a meat pie tonight. Lovely. Still losing steadily, now down 44 pounds.
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Congrats.

Had a meat pie tonight. Lovely. Still losing steadily, now down 44 pounds.
    Now you're down to 368. I kid I kid. Keep up the good work.

Load Metric
    serious question: I'm a former full time bike messenger. I ride my bike a lot, more than I drive a car sometimes (depends on where i'm going). I had a friend lose a lot of weight after he became a full time messenger (I think he weighed close to 300 and lost almost 75 lbs within 6 months of working full time). My question is, do you ride bikes at all? Or is your weight loss from purely other forms of excercise and eating well.

I know i'm blessed with a fast metabolisim (i one time passed a drug test in 11 days) so im curious about what cycling can do for other people who don't have as fast as a metabolism

keep up the weight loss, you'll thank yourself.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    serious question: I'm a former full time bike messenger. I ride my bike a lot, more than I drive a car sometimes (depends on where i'm going). I had a friend lose a lot of weight after he became a full time messenger (I think he weighed close to 300 and lost almost 75 lbs within 6 months of working full time). My question is, do you ride bikes at all? Or is your weight loss from purely other forms of excercise and eating well.

I know i'm blessed with a fast metabolisim (i one time passed a drug test in 11 days) so im curious about what cycling can do for other people who don't have as fast as a metabolism

Only exercise is walking. I have never cycled - was ill when i was a kid and never learned how to ride a bike.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

Only exercise is walking. I have never cycled - was ill when i was a kid and never learned how to ride a bike.
    By ill do you mean retarded? Get on the seat and fucking move the pedals.

Comments

MumblesBadly: FFS! How many stars in Assholery class did you get as a kid?

Load Metric
    52 pounds down.

Comments

wrenchjockey:

big dick: nice well done

Crowe Diddly: closing in on 4 stone! rep

Load Metric
    52 pounds down.

Load Metric
    52 pounds down.

congrats, gl and keep it up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Congrats. Look out behind you though, your currency is out walking the dog twice a day.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by spennywins View Post
    52 pounds down.

congrats, gl and keep it up.
    Your not suggesting Bulimia I hope

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Congrats. Look out behind you though, your currency is out walking the dog twice a day.
    The way the UK is going I'll have to generate my own electricity with a treadmill.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Congrats man. Keep it up.

Comments

sonatine: great book, great author reps

Load Metric
    68 pounds down, no longer morbidly obese, just obese.

/end thread

Comments

Hockey Guy: Stay the course & GL.

lewfather:

Load Metric
    Bump, my advice to those still overweight or obese is to change how you view food, it is either a poison or a cure. Fast food=poison. Foods in their natural form a cure. Every time you bite a French fry or burger tell yourself you are eating poison, because it is.

Start exercising everyday. I am against 3x a week, a habit is only formed when doing something daily. Cardio needs to be done daily. Ya, weights require a day of rest but no excuse not to do cardio daily. Even if you can only walk 5 mins to start, do it. Add a minute everyday. Goal is 20 mins of heavy breathing cardio a day. Once you have enough weight off you will want to do more activity BECAUSE YOU CAN.

Never before has being fit become more important, it always was, but since it wasn’t in your face, you pocketed it in the back of your mind.

IN YOUR FACE, you can do this.

Hugs.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Bump, my advice to those still overweight or obese is to change how you view food, it is either a poison or a cure. Fast food=poison. Foods in their natural form a cure. Every time you bite a French fry or burger tell yourself you are eating poison, because it is.

Start exercising everyday. I am against 3x a week, a habit is only formed when doing something daily. Cardio needs to be done daily. Ya, weights require a day of rest but no excuse not to do cardio daily. Even if you can only walk 5 mins to start, do it. Add a minute everyday. Goal is 20 mins of heavy breathing cardio a day. Once you have enough weight off you will want to do more activity BECAUSE YOU CAN.

Never before has being fit become more important, it always was, but since it wasn’t in your face, you pocketed it in the back of your mind.

Hugs.
    First off, I'd like to hear from Wiganer if he kept the weight off, now that it's 3.5 years later.

Second, a question for you, splitthis: Have you ever been fat, and if so, how much overweight were you?

Lifetime skinny people telling overweight people, "Get self control and lose weight!" is as annoying someone with normal brain chemistry telling a clinically depressed person, "Just smile and realize it will all be okay!"

Every single person is different when it comes to challenges with weight. There is a behavioral element, sure. However, even that behavioral element is much tougher for some than others.

I haven't put anything in my mouth except water for the past 9 hours. I sit here very hungry and very much wanting to scarf down all kinds of high calorie foods and drinks, but I'm forcing myself not to do so. My metabolism is actually above average for my age (not way above, but definitely on the better side), but I also have a huge appetite, and that's been my particular weight challenge. Some of you have seen me eating on poker live streams. Earlier this year at Commerce, I ordered a large meal. A guy at the table asked me, "Wait, that's only for you? Not for a second person?" I answered, "The honest truth is that I could easily eat double all of this right now, if I wanted to."

For some people, their brain is wired to where they can easily avoid overeating, and to where the desire to exercise regularly comes naturally. For others, it's a big struggle to avoid overeating, and exercising can feel like a chore.

I don't drink or do drugs. I could pat myself on the back for having the discipline to avoid these habits, but that would be a lie. I never had a desire to do either of these. It's just not part of my makeup. Others find themselves extremely attracted to mind and mood altering substances. For them, keeping away from drug addiction and alcoholism is a constant battle. For me it happens automatically.

The bottom line is that you have to understand that we're all different, and that what comes easy for you can be quite difficult for others, and vice-versa.

That's not to say we shouldn't try to control ourselves. That's why I've lost 11 pounds during the coronavirus pandemic, while most others have gained. But it's been tough, and while I strive to drop another 10 pounds, it will continue to be tough.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Hugs.
    First off, I'd like to hear from Wiganer if he kept the weight off, now that it's 3.5 years later.

Second, a question for you, splitthis: Have you ever been fat, and if so, how much overweight were you?

Lifetime skinny people telling overweight people, "Get self control and lose weight!" is as annoying someone with normal brain chemistry telling a clinically depressed person, "Just smile and realize it will all be okay!"

Every single person is different when it comes to challenges with weight. There is a behavioral element, sure. However, even that behavioral element is much tougher for some than others.

I haven't put anything in my mouth except water for the past 9 hours. I sit here very hungry and very much wanting to scarf down all kinds of high calorie foods and drinks, but I'm forcing myself not to do so. My metabolism is actually above average for my age (not way above, but definitely on the better side), but I also have a huge appetite, and that's been my particular weight challenge. Some of you have seen me eating on poker live streams. Earlier this year at Commerce, I ordered a large meal. A guy at the table asked me, "Wait, that's only for you? Not for a second person?" I answered, "The honest truth is that I could easily eat double all of this right now, if I wanted to."

For some people, their brain is wired to where they can easily avoid overeating, and to where the desire to exercise regularly comes naturally. For others, it's a big struggle to avoid overeating, and exercising can feel like a chore.

I don't drink or do drugs. I could pat myself on the back for having the discipline to avoid these habits, but that would be a lie. I never had a desire to do either of these. It's just not part of my makeup. Others find themselves extremely attracted to mind and mood altering substances. For them, keeping away from drug addiction and alcoholism is a constant battle. For me it happens automatically.

The bottom line is that you have to understand that we're all different, and that what comes easy for you can be quite difficult for others, and vice-versa.

That's not to say we shouldn't try to control ourselves. That's why I've lost 11 pounds during the coronavirus pandemic, while most others have gained. But it's been tough, and while I strive to drop another 10 pounds, it will continue to be tough.
    No Druff, not "everyone is different". You commonly say you eat one big meal a day. That is probably 1,500 calories in one sitting. That is simply lack of self control, nothing to do with being genetically different. When you get a steak, leave the gigantic baked potato and three rolls to the side. Carbs will always be the issue.

Thread Information