Page 73 of 137 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2721

Thread: IS SEALS WITH CLUBS DONKDOWN??? (Update: Micon charged with a felony in Nevada)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil View Post
    Maybe Micon heard the show last night and realized continuing to run the site was a:

"All activity on the sealswithclubs.eu domain will cease on May 5th, 2015. After this date it will not be possible to retrieve your balances, connect an email address to an account, or reset your password, Please request your cashouts immediately and pass along this notice to others if you know any former players."

The note explains also that once the cash-out system will be brought down, "there will no longer be any support for, or activity on, the sealswithclubs.eu domain."
    Wrong site.

They are just shutting down the old Seals for good for cashouts.

SWCPOKER is still running.

Ah yes, you're right. Though why wait until now?

Load Metric
    Most of the posts on that reddit thread should be made illegal on the grounds of offensive stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Here's the Criminal Complaint that was filed by the State of Nevada against Bryan Micon.

http://ag.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/agnvg...aint_Micon.pdf

Micon is only being charged with 1 count of Operating an Unlicensed Interactive Gaming System.

The acts alleged occurred between March 1st 2014 to February 9th 2015.

This is very short and doesn't say much.

Presumably there will be more later.

Load Metric
    How much will you guys pay me to troll the reddit thread into an anti-vax frenzy?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Much like Joe Sebok and dozens and dozens of well-believing morons in the poker world over the years, Micon fully believed in a thing almost entirely based upon it being in his very best financial interests for that thing to be true. He discarded rational thoughts on the subject, and conducted himself in such a way that only someone who really believed what he claims to believe would have acted.

Micon's success depended on a few certain things being true, so he did and does still believe those things to be true. Much like many deeply religious people, opposition to his stance somehow only managed/manages to reinforce his own beliefs.

Comments

Daredevil: :this

Belly Buster: :this

Load Metric
    It was interesting to read the Chenoff article and note how his battles are not entirely won in the courtroom on merit.

Chenoff & his firm are old school Vegas and have relationships with the powers that be. His value may largely be his ability to work behind the scenes.

Loved Drexel's story regarding "Steve The Body Guard" and his $50k fix it.

The whole surrender & quick plea is not how Chenoff will play this. Far too weak and probably would be a professional humiliation for him.

Trying to compare sentences given for different notorious convictions is giving me a headache. Pretty sure not too many people here are applying this silly logic but I keep reading it.

That is not how things work. Especially with juries. If juries always meted out consistent and logical decisions & sentences no one would play the game. That's what keeps our justice system fun & players coming back.

A simple jury fix too old school?

Load Metric
    "micon attempted to buy lock poker and make all players whole"

http://pokerfuse.com/news/industry/2...e-all-players/

Hi Jennifer, I’m interested in buying the Lock Poker brand and all its software assets. You can give me a quick google and see that I started SealsWithClubs.eu in 2011 and amassed a considerable wealth with the increase in Bitcoin price. I plan to relaunch the brand and make all players whole. I consider Lock Poker like Chrysler of the early 90’s. It’s a strong brand that needs a turn-around.

i bet his skype logs are a gold mine of luls

druff, you HAVE to get a copy. i guess pokerfuse did

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    It was interesting to read the Chenoff article and note how his battles are not entirely won in the courtroom on merit.

Chenoff & his firm are old school Vegas and have relationships with the powers that be. His value may largely be his ability to work behind the scenes.

Loved Drexel's story regarding "Steve The Body Guard" and his $50k fix it.

The whole surrender & quick plea is not how Chenoff will play this. Far too weak and probably would be a professional humiliation for him.

Trying to compare sentences given for different notorious convictions is giving me a headache. Pretty sure not too many people here are applying this silly logic but I keep reading it.

That is not how things work. Especially with juries. If juries always meted out consistent and logical decisions & sentences no one would play the game. That's what keeps our justice system fun & players coming back.

A simple jury fix too old school?
    I'd say there's about a 5% chance that this case goes to a jury.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    I think Micon's best bet MAY be to stay on the run if he's making ok money at SWC2 and he can find a reasonably safe place. At least he has a chance of being free and achieving his dreams.
    He should maybe try to negotiate a plea before returning, is that even possible?

If you guys were Micon right now what would you do?

If he come's to the USA, between lawyers and fines he's gonna owe forever. The prosecutors seem to be setting a precedent with Micon's case, not good. Could be a semi bluff tho.

They're gonna make his bail an outrageous amount for sure.
    His wife will likely move on if he serves time. His daughter will be humiliated. His so called friends will forget all about him.
    He will step out of the pen in how ever many years, broke, abandoned, owe fines and maybe even back child support and be a convicted felon. Feds may also bring charges.

Extended stay at the county jail that serves Las Vegas Metro, fuck that!
    Druff/Pooh have the deeds to your houses on stand by for bail, don't worry, you'll get it back.

You two should pool funds, see if Ray Bitar's lawyer is available.
    Seems like Micon hired some kooky lawyer, maybe not tho.
    bro, congrats. you're pfa's most retarded poster and it isn't close. i hope you are younger than 16 for your own good.

bail amount would be 10 grand probably at most, especially if he turns himself in.

worst he could get is 10 years and 50k fine. the fine is key. its so low that i think there is no way he would get anywhere near 10 years. if highest fine was 500k then it would be possible.

his wife isn't leaving him. his daughter is two or three so i doubt she's very humiliated.

he turns himself in. gets a couple years in a detention center at worst. pays a fine, does probation, gets a job and goes on with his life.

so he becomes a working stiff like the rest of us tards. big fucking deal. i'm sure he could find work that he enjoys. who knows, maybe his old lady can work too.

i don't think there's any chance he doesn't turn himself if. not unless he doesn't value his wife and kid.

time to grow up big boy

Comments

GrenadaRoger: i believe the warrant is for $20,000 and that is the bail amount

Load Metric
    Jurys dont determine the outcome of the penalty phase, do they? They only assess guilty/not guilty, and there is literally no chance at all Micon fades a guilty plea in a trial.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Did the founders of the original SWC and Micon's later business partner actually keep his true identity hidden from Micon?

Any chance Micon is founder and sole owner from day one and that was the cover story?

If they really kept their identity hidden from Micon, but not only allowed him maybe even cheerleaded him into advertising and being the public face of SWC and then just slunked away with a majority of the profits while Micon's taking the fall seems fucked up.

It's like they were 95% sure Micon/SWC would get busted but instead of attempting to stop Micon's advertising and lose profit they decided to cheer him over the cliff and disappear,
    Good points above.

Zero chance Micon was the founder of Seals. Brandon was still very close to Micon when he got involved with that, and heard a lot as it got going.

I was surprised to find out that these guys kept their identities hidden from Micon. Not 100% sure I believe that story, but it's possible. Guess we will find out.

It is very possible that they gave him such a large piece because he was willing to be the guy who would put himself out there as the face of the site. Micon brought nothing to the table from a technical standpoint, and little from a managerial one. His value was being a known, accessible guy who was promoting the site as his, which made the place a lot more appealing than if it were run by shady unknowns who could sneak off into the shadows at any point with your BTC.

People trusted Seals because Micon had been around for so long and was a face they could put to the operation.

So Micon was gifted a large portion of Seals' revenue in return for all of that, with the one obvious downside being high exposure to criminal prosecution.

Basically, they needed someone careless enough to stick his neck out there to promote the thing, and they found him.

Load Metric
    im surprised they didnt include interstate wire fraud & money laundering charges, the more i think about it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Jurys dont determine the outcome of the penalty phase, do they? They only assess guilty/not guilty, and there is literally no chance at all Micon fades a guilty plea in a trial.
    Oh, Tsarnaev will be pleased to learn this.

Admittedly, it depends. But you want to bet what Tsarnaev decision life or death penalty will be? Flip a coin & welcome to the crap game of american justice.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I think Micon's best bet MAY be to stay on the run if he's making ok money at SWC2 and he can find a reasonably safe place. At least he has a chance of being free and achieving his dreams.
    He should maybe try to negotiate a plea before returning, is that even possible?

If you guys were Micon right now what would you do?

If he come's to the USA, between lawyers and fines he's gonna owe forever. The prosecutors seem to be setting a precedent with Micon's case, not good. Could be a semi bluff tho.

They're gonna make his bail an outrageous amount for sure.
    His wife will likely move on if he serves time. His daughter will be humiliated. His so called friends will forget all about him.
    He will step out of the pen in how ever many years, broke, abandoned, owe fines and maybe even back child support and be a convicted felon. Feds may also bring charges.

Extended stay at the county jail that serves Las Vegas Metro, fuck that!
    Druff/Pooh have the deeds to your houses on stand by for bail, don't worry, you'll get it back.

You two should pool funds, see if Ray Bitar's lawyer is available.
    Seems like Micon hired some kooky lawyer, maybe not tho.
    bro, congrats. you're pfa's most retarded poster and it isn't close. i hope you are younger than 16 for your own good.

bail amount would be 10 grand probably at most, especially if he turns himself in.

worst he could get is 10 years and 50k fine. the fine is key. its so low that i think there is no way he would get anywhere near 10 years. if highest fine was 500k then it would be possible.

his wife isn't leaving him. his daughter is two or three so i doubt she's very humiliated.

he turns himself in. gets a couple years in a detention center at worst. pays a fine, does probation, gets a job and goes on with his life.

so he becomes a working stiff like the rest of us tards. big fucking deal. i'm sure he could find work that he enjoys. who knows, maybe his old lady can work too.

i don't think there's any chance he doesn't turn himself if. not unless he doesn't value his wife and kid.

time to grow up big boy
    Poop sitting in some lame ass gated community for old folks with 24/7 security guards and ten other layers of security just dismissed 10 years in prison like it's some minor inconvenience. Bet he still uses a night light and calls security 10 times a month because he heard a noise, save it poop and stay on topic.

Of course he also had to brag about how easy he could pay a 50k fine too.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 04-29-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

time to grow up big boy
    Poop sitting in some lame ass gated community for old folks with 24/7 security guards and ten other layers of security just dismissed 10 years in prison like it's some minor inconvenience. Bet he still uses a night light and calls security 10 times a month because he heard a noise, save it poop.
    shit for brains. the point was he won't get any where near 10 years. unless they have to come get him. then he's fucked.

Skated Thru to PFA WP Title BHS's Avatar
    Load Metric

Blah blah the law is the law so if you blatantly break it you get in trouble blah
    Druff - Repost that mouthful on 2+2 and let me know how it goes for you. All those "normally smart" people clearly need to be enlightened.

Given that you still don't get it, I'm starting to think you never will. This has nothing to do with "the law".

Everyone knows that online poker shouldn't be illegal. So it's not that hard to understand why people that like playing online poker are upset they lost another one of their dwindling options by virtue of some big interest bullshit, especially when others committed real crimes on a scale thousands of times worse and nothing happened to them, why is that?

We can agree that Micon was at least partly responsible (even as marketing guy) for running or being involved with an unlicensed site from a highly flawed location.

Seriously though, who gives fuck? Seals didn't steal/scam/cheat anybody. You play and bet sports on other unlicensed sites all the time. Why is that?

Based on the lack of options for USA players, Micon was able to generate a few hundred nerds willing to play for funny money just so they could cash out quickly and have a decent community to play cards.

He went about it wrong obviously but the whole "he made money when I could of" or "omg unlicensed rogue operator" stuff is just retarded.

The lawmakers made a horrendously dumb law for bullshit reasons. While I don't advocate breaking laws and thumbing your nose at enforcement, jail is by no means anywhere near the proper punishment for a guy like Micon.

These "laws" you have such a boner for... are they being enforced uniformly? I have a tee time tomorrow at 2 with Lederer if you're free?
    Last edited by BHS; 04-29-2015 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Misspelled Rogue

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    "micon attempted to buy lock poker and make all players whole"

http://pokerfuse.com/news/industry/2...e-all-players/

Hi Jennifer, I’m interested in buying the Lock Poker brand and all its software assets. You can give me a quick google and see that I started SealsWithClubs.eu in 2011 and amassed a considerable wealth with the increase in Bitcoin price. I plan to relaunch the brand and make all players whole. I consider Lock Poker like Chrysler of the early 90’s. It’s a strong brand that needs a turn-around.

i bet his skype logs are a gold mine of luls

druff, you HAVE to get a copy. i guess pokerfuse did
    I would love to have what Pokerfuse has. Any idea the specific manner in which I/we can go about this? I am not a journalist so I don't know about these processes.

With that said, I doubt pokerfuse has his Skype logs. I think they are going off specific testimony about relevant parts of them, such as his pitch to buy Lock Poker (which is pretty funny).

Presumably this is relevant to Micon's case because he claims in the chat that he "started SealsWithClubs.eu in 2011", and this can be used to counter any defense that he was just an employee of the site.

I bet they have like 100+ examples like this that they can lay out in court if Micon's defense team tries to go that way.

The funny thing is that Micon likely overstated his ownership, not understated it as he probably should have. He was so proud of being "Chairman" of Seals and the unending adulation that went with it from bitcoin/online poker fanboys, that he probably bragged about things that weren't completely true. And now those things he bragged about are being used to prosecute him.

Whoooooooooooops.

Actually, I think I just wrote a great defense position for him to use. His claims of owning Seals were just his own hubris, and not actual fact.

Finklestein will send you the bill for this, Micon.

Load Metric
    can someone photoshop the Better Call Saul Cinnebon footage with Micon's head?

Comments

gauchojake: nice

Platinum
    Load Metric
    "druff won't ever need viagra after this"

you're welcome

Load Metric
    i bet there was enough porn on his computer to even make OSA blush.

Thread Information