Page 37 of 137 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: IS SEALS WITH CLUBS DONKDOWN??? (Update: Micon charged with a felony in Nevada)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    You people have to realize that Micon is talking about launching immediately. You don't just run to the closest corner shop and pick up a license. No way is he intending on getting one. Just saying he is to please the masses and make them feel secure. It's a scam
    What about the Antiguan authorities shutting him down, deporting him, for running an unlicensed poker site? Is that a possibility?

Of course(I would think so) That's why I am calling it a scam. He is literally just doing the same exact thing he was doing, except he's going up against bigger sharks in Antigua.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric

What about the Antiguan authorities shutting him down, deporting him, for running an unlicensed poker site? Is that a possibility?

Of course(I would think so) That's why I am calling it a scam. He is literally just doing the same exact thing he was doing, except he's going up against bigger sharks in Antigua.

I wouldnt call it a scam. I would however say its wildly unlikely to succeed and that hes putting his customers welfare at risk (not to mention his own and his families).
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

I wouldnt call it a scam. I would however say its wildly unlikely to succeed and that hes putting his customers welfare at risk (not to mention his own and his families).

I'm calling the fact that he is going to go legit with a license a scam. Obv thats not happening if he plans on launching like,...tomorrow...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    I played on seals with clubs because I figured couldn't be shut down as was bitcoin site and a gray area. I also figured would never get busted by the doj because it was too small time. I was on the site since the beginning and got pretty comfortable in my hypothesis that the site was untouchable. The site drawing attention from the Las Vegas Gaming commission was definitely a rude awakening. Kind of mind boggling to see all the people across the forums like 2 plus 2 throwing caution to the wind and waiting on pins and needles for the site to reopen so they can rush to get back on. I am sure a lot of those people will throw way more money on the site that they can comfortably lose. I can only imagine the bedlam if all those players lost their money on the new site. If the site is opened without a license people who put money on the site may well lose it.

Load Metric
    I played on seals with clubs because I figured couldn't be shut down as was bitcoin site and a gray area. I also figured would never get busted by the doj because it was too small time. I was on the site since the beginning and got pretty comfortable in my hypothesis that the site was untouchable. The site drawing attention from the Las Vegas Gaming commission was definitely a rude awakening. Kind of mind boggling to see all the people across the forums like 2 plus 2 throwing caution to the wind and waiting on pins and needles for the site to reopen so they can rush to get back on. I am sure a lot of those people will throw way more money on the site that they can comfortably lose. I can only imagine the bedlam if all those players lost their money on the new site. If the site is opened without a license people who put money on the site may well lose it.

The sky is blue

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    The only reason for him to be there, is if he is going to get a license. If not, then there is no point in being there, and in fact, it would probably be almost as bad of spot as Nevada to run the business from. Much like Nevada, I doubt Antigua gaming division (or the companies that actually pay the licensing fee) are going to happy with an unlicensed poker site being run by an American within its borders.

If he launches this new site from Antigua without a license, he could be setting himself up for another raid.

This whole thing makes no sense as I dont see how he gets a license before launch. Even if he has the money to do so, I imagine there is some process and it takes time to get approved.

I hoping he isnt so naive to think that Antigua is some gambling utopia where he can do whatever he wants. He NEEDS a license or will get fucked just like he did in Nevada.
    I agree with this. This is clear thinking.

I read the claim in PokerNews that Micon is pursuing licensing.

BtW, could the nitwit reporter have failed on a grander scale? SWC gets busted in Nevada for licensing & announces he is getting licensing in Antigua and this subject does not get examined by the interviewer? The idiot reporter is obv so jacked to be in the presence of Micon and so titillated by the excitement that he just nests the claim in a sentence.

I only grab PokerNews at Foxwoods poker room entrance so I can place it on the filthy fart soaked seats before I park my ass for a session.

Regardless, that one tidbit got me wondering - how did he rally investors within hours? Did he have a go-bag ready for such contingencies? Doubt it. Micon lives in a perpetual state of reality distortion.

So where did the money come from on such short notice? I think we have established by virtue of all evidence that Micon lacks that kind of cash. Long term renter, etc etc. So who the fuck would care to invest mid 6 figures in a micro poker site on a moments notice? How would this even hit their radar so quickly?

Answer: a successful liquid poker player!! Who might that be?
    Let me jump start the speculation.

Doughy, middle aged white guy.
    Computer science background
    Successful Poker player.
    News filters set up to trap poker fraud & news.
    Life long interest in poker sites success & failure & thinks a great deal about why
    Expressed an interest in working for a poker site so that he may exercise his knowledge
    Person who has a previous working "relationship" with Micon

Person who has been strangely silent in the midst of quite an interesting poker story

Comments

bukowski72: Allen 'Chainsaw' Kessler?...I would have guessed Druff but he isn't dumb enough to risk having to avoid the US for the rest of his life by rolling the dice on a Micon run project.

Load Metric

BtW, could the nitwit reporter have failed on a grander scale? SWC gets busted in Nevada for licensing & announces he is getting licensing in Antigua and this subject does not get examined by the interviewer? The idiot reporter is obv so jacked to be in the presence of Micon and so titillated by the excitement that he just nests the claim in a sentence.

I only grab PokerNews at Foxwoods poker room entrance so I can place it on the filthy fart soaked seats before I park my ass for a session.

Regardless, that one tidbit got me wondering - how did he rally investors within hours? Did he have a go-bag ready for such contingencies? Doubt it. Micon lives in a perpetual state of reality distortion.

So where did the money come from on such short notice? I think we have established by virtue of all evidence that Micon lacks that kind of cash. Long term renter, etc etc. So who the fuck would care to invest mid 6 figures in a micro poker site on a moments notice? How would this even hit their radar so quickly?

Successful Poker player.
    Life long interest in poker sites success & failure & thinks a great deal about why
    Expressed an interest in working for a poker site so that he may exercise his knowledge

Person who has been strangely silent in the midst of quite an interesting poker story
    More likely is Dutch GANK AND STEALTHMONKEY a far cry from whoever FREEMONEY was.

Load Metric

Successful Poker player.

See page 27 of this thread
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

Successful Poker player.

0.00% chance Druff would invest in a shady operation.

Now there are likely some bitcoin hoarders/investors that would.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Successful Poker player.

See page 27 of this thread
    He was just posting what amounts to the sales pitch he gave Micon on Feb 12.

Regulation is necessary & Micon needs help with that

So 4 posts out of 700

Broadcasting from a secret location while nursing a sunburn resulting from nude beach outing
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-24-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

HockeyGuy & Simp, I would bet the under on radio start time as Druff will forget about the time zone difference.

He's not reading this thread.

Ink is still wet on last page of his passport.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

HockeyGuy & Simp, I would bet the under on radio start time as Druff will forget about the time zone difference.

He's not reading this thread.

Ink is still wet on last page of his passport.
    Edit: I think you just might be on to something.
    Last edited by simpdog; 02-24-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Micon needs to find some corrupt gaming officials who he can pay off to look the other way or some type of loophole. Then he needs mislead or not reveal his actual location to the public.

Sooo many haters, I bet the gaming authorities in Antigua have already received a hundred anon. tips about Micons plans.

WTF Nobody's giving Micon any respect.

He got into the Bitcoin game and the Bitcoin Poker game early as fuck, gotta give him that.

He's got a pretty hot/educated/ seemingly loyal wife, considering he's such a squirrely looking, pencil necked geek. Gotta give him that.

Everyone's unfairly writing him off as a total failure/loser imo.

This nigga just might pull this shit off, and make some serious bank. He got in early as fuck.

just sayin...
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 02-24-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Load Metric
    ETA 48 hours is now 20 hours old, so closing in on ETA 24 hours

I'm still taking the over and would set the line at -600

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    If the feds come after you then are pretty much done regardless of what they charge you with. Feds have like a 90%+ win rate. That's why you can't compare OJ with Aaron Hernandez. OJ was a state case and Hernandez is federally. Hernandez is done.
    Hernandez might face some federal charges eventually but he's currently being tried by the state of MA for murder in Bristol County Superior Court, Fall River. Next will come more MA state charges, in Boston's Suffolk Superior Court for a dbl murder in 2012. (He's already been indicted.)

The only possible federal charges he may face (IIRC) would be from shooting his buddy in the face while driving in FL. His buddy lost his eye, but refused to name his shooter at the time. That case was initially filed in federal court, but has been postponed while da murdas are dealt with.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Forum's thread tag game has successfully rebounded. Keep up the good work fine folks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Micon needs to find some corrupt gaming officials who he can pay off to look the other way or some type of loophole. Then he needs mislead or not reveal his actual location to the public.

Sooo many haters, I bet the gaming authorities in Antigua have already received a hundred anon. tips about Micons plans.

WTF Nobody's giving Micon any respect.

He got into the Bitcoin game and the Bitcoin Poker game early as fuck, gotta give him that.

He's got a pretty hot/educated/ seemingly loyal wife, considering he's such a squirrely looking, pencil necked geek. Gotta give him that.

Everyone's unfairly writing him off as a total failure/loser imo.

This nigga just might pull this shit off, and make some serious bank. He got in early as fuck.

just sayin...
    Definitely not a hater. I really don't see any categorical hate in 750 posts. The thread has done an excellent job of hashing (BTC humor) out the story. Cokehead has owned this thread & ought to call in tonight. Throw out Tyde and it's been a pretty fair assessment of the situation.

I DO think Micon is innately bright. I find him to be clever & original. I also think he is a bit on tilt for reasons already posted. The events are so hot, recent and personal that he cannot have clarity of mind.

I admire people who take risks and live outside of convention. Micon. Consider the empty lives of those who commute to the cubicle every morning and perform their assigned job duties. They will wake up at fifty and realize they have done very little with the opportunity that is life. I appreciate their service but have contempt for their choice.

We will all be dead soon & if you took no risks and had no adventure then you squandered it. Overwhelmingly, that isn't PFA.

I don't think his backer needs to bribe officials or look for loopholes. Druff is, however, excellent at negotiating value. Nobody pays list price. Micon will do fine here.

Do I think Micon's choices here are a winner? Nope. Do I admire his game? Yup. Is this a fucking entertaining story? C'mon. It ain't gonna end well though and that's a little sad.

Bonnie & Clyde go to the beach.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-24-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Load Metric
    When discussing the genesis of Micon's fate, one cannot overstate the contributions of his Libertarian-Snowden-LibertyDollar school of victim worship. It is the rosetta stone for understanding his motives and actions, his doubling down on losing hands in the name of nebulously defined principles that seem to have no substance beyond GOVERNMENT CONTROL IS BAD AND I WONT BOW TO IT.

Pretty sure he will find a lot of people singing the same song on the cellblock.

Comments

Sanlmar: Poetry Buy me a drink & dinner and I'm yours
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Seriously though, I'm not at all involved with Seals, and my issues with Micon were serious enough (on both sides) to where you're not just going to wake up one day and find out we kissed and made up. It's never going to happen.

Load Metric

don't they have an agreement not to talk about each other?

Thread Information