Page 32 of 137 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: IS SEALS WITH CLUBS DONKDOWN??? (Update: Micon charged with a felony in Nevada)

Load Metric
    lol poker.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Until I see Nevada Gaming come forward with a brag PR about how they took down SwC - I'm going to take everything coming from current/old SwC management with a grain of salt. We aren't that far removed from Full Tilt telling you guys for months they had your money ... and we all know how that worked out.

Sure, maybe Nevada gaming is waiting for a formal indictment before it beats its chest - but not sure why they'd go through the trouble of trying to shut down SwC if you're just going to let the former owners spin everything on YouTube and internet forums? If Nevada Gaming wanted to shut the site down they'd fucking shut it down and not let SwC wind down operations, cash people out ... ect.

Also - while I don't know Micon personally .... he's personally witness fraud take place across the poker industry from UB to Full Tilt to Lock Poker.

The fraud perpetrated by these individuals dwarf anything that has ever happened at SwC. Why would Micon pack up his wife and young child to flee permanently to a foreign country if he's seen time & time again individuals get away with far worse? Does that make any sense?

Shocked you guys are taking every word coming from the SwC camp like its gospel. There's way more to this story than what Micon is illustrating on a YouTube video.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I certainly don't know the real story behind Bryan Micon, friend, Father and husband but I do know he does not fear failure. Maybe he's slowed a bit but over time but he still has that "go for it" attitude which can take you quite a ways in this society. We probably wouldn't be here now it it wasn't for him.

Does he burn bridges as he goes? It seems like it has happened but again I have no real idea. If that's what he does to succeed, then he will or has already failed.

Comments

Crowe Diddly:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal Sports View Post

Shocked you guys are taking every word coming from the SwC camp like its gospel. There's way more to this story than what Micon is illustrating on a YouTube video.
    what the fuck thread have you been reading?

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDenizen View Post
    U the n-worddonk who can't keep his hands outta his betters' pants.
    Who the fuck are you and why should anyone care?
    Just calling out the anti-Semitic trolls on this site.

Comments

superallah: problem?

Load Metric
    Until I see Nevada Gaming come forward with a brag PR about how they took down SwC - I'm going to take everything coming from current/old SwC management with a grain of salt. We aren't that far removed from Full Tilt telling you guys for months they had your money ... and we all know how that worked out.

Sure, maybe Nevada gaming is waiting for a formal indictment before it beats its chest - but not sure why they'd go through the trouble of trying to shut down SwC if you're just going to let the former owners spin everything on YouTube and internet forums? If Nevada Gaming wanted to shut the site down they'd fucking shut it down and not let SwC wind down operations, cash people out ... ect.

Also - while I don't know Micon personally .... he's personally witness fraud take place across the poker industry from UB to Full Tilt to Lock Poker.

The fraud perpetrated by these individuals dwarf anything that has ever happened at SwC. Why would Micon pack up his wife and young child to flee permanently to a foreign country if he's seen time & time again individuals get away with far worse? Does that make any sense?

Dude it's like your sitting in the middle of the control room wearing headphones while mad shit gets talked all around you. How can you be this oblivious?

Load Metric
    Ok did quadjacks just show up or something? Who are these fucking herbs?

Comments

OSA: herbs rep

Platinum
    Load Metric

I am right with you. I want to see something....ANYTHING to show this went down like he said. Until then I am not believing anything he says. All we have so far is Micon claiming this and that, with not one shred of evidence to show for it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

I am right with you. I want to see something....ANYTHING to show this went down like he said. Until then I am not believing anything he says. All we have so far is Micon claiming this and that, with not one shred of evidence to show for it.

EXHIBIT A:

Load Metric
    I cringed when I realized Micon's video wasn't him saying "My lawyer has advised me to not discuss anything". GL to him

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    EXHIBIT A:
    Mittens' gender is non-binary you FUCK

Oh, and see you in court.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    MICON 4 PRESIDENT

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

I can't attest to the validity of what Micon posted in the video, however I can say with certainty that the house Micon was renting had the front door broken down. It has since been fixed.

I can say this with authority as I have known the landord who rented to him for almost a decade.

Also, I think amid all of the speculation, one thing seems to be left out of discussion here. I think its insane that people think there is a great likelihood of Micon ever receiving prison time if he in fact is charged and convicted.

I mean, the fulltilt boys did far worse and only incurred civil penalties. Ray Bitar did much WORSE and he never spent a day in jail.

I think Al Capone style, that massive tax evasion over a period of a decade plus would be the biggest fear.

As many of you know, Micon and I were like brothers for the better part of 5 years. We became close right after he moved here from Atlanta.

He loved this city and everything about it. The gambling, of course but the 24hr availibility of fine food, the fact that he truly (definitely grandiose) felt like a local celebrity and so on and so on.

Again, as I mentioned in a prior post I remember many times me inquiring how much cash he would take to never be able to play the wsop again and step foot in this country. It was a huge amount. Much more than most of us would have accepted.

Point being, as others mentioned, I think there is more to the story than being concerned of being charged with running/owning/being a part of seals.

This is just hypothetical of course, but say his main concern was possible tax issues. I mean, remember Richard Hatch? The survivor guy? Didn't pay taxes on his survivor win and even after settling, boom 18 months in a federal prison. The IRS doesnt fuck around nor has no mercy when it comes to evason.

When I last saw him on Feb3, we literally faced each other (1 and 4 seat) for the better part of 4 hours. Funny though, I didnt feel awkward or uncomfortable. He didn't see to either, although the other words spoken in that long time period were check, bet, and I fold.[

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: Good enough. ZOD = God
    Last edited by Drexel; 02-22-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Load Metric
    mittins confirmed cis

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jacosta24 View Post
    MICON 4 PRESIDENT
    You are a massive faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dapokerzombie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokehead View Post

Im not understanding you. The time to admire micon for what he accomplished was Feb 10 or earlier. Do u think his life is something to envy now? Is the blueprint to success self banishment to Antigua? Cuz if it is, I am happy I have my shitty job.
    This guy is a prime example of what vaccines and flouride mixed w a bit of sheepism...you have done nothing to support the game of poker. The game is not illegal
    Bow down like a slave...enjoy yo slave wages
    He is just another brainwashed drone slaving away in a cubicle making some Jew CEO rich. Don't forget to contribute to your 401k and hopefully you don't get laid off during the next recession! Leave Micon alone, he made millions in bitcoins and is now going to parlay it into a huge score.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    Also, I think amid all of the speculation, one thing seems to be left out of discussion here. I think its insane that people think there is a great likelihood of Micon ever receiving prison time if he in fact is charged and convicted.

I mean, the fulltilt boys did far worse and only incurred civil penalties. Ray Bitar did much WORSE and he never spent a day in jail.
    In regards to Nevada State charges? Sure, Micon might just plead guilty to a few misdemeanors and pay a big fine for illegal gambling.

However, there is a good chance that the federal government gets involved and indicts him for maybe wire fraud (possible 1 year sentence) and/or money laundering (mandatory minimum sentence of 5 years in prison)

Full Tilt Poker was a different deal, they had a shitload of money that they could give the federal government, plus PokerStars came to their rescue and bailed them out.

What the fuck does Micon have? $200K? His lawyer will take that money. It may not be enough to keep him out of prison.

There have been plently of people who went to prison for running an illegal online gambling business.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post

I dont know much about Ray Bitar, but I know that usually, if not always, people in his position have legal resources that are not just paid in advance to deal with stuff like this, but to also mitigate past exposure.

I think Micon thought he had a great loophole to hide behind, and it didnt work out. People who make that mistake often get caught up, make matters worse, and they go to jail pretty often.

I think Al Capone style, that massive tax evasion over a period of a decade plus would be the biggest fear.

Yass.

Banned
    Load Metric
    been a tough last few days for me but I thought I would chime in on my thoughts

Micon is not a good person...he is backstabbing piece of trash who is well known for throwing his um (friends) and colleagues under the bus

everyone who has been associated with Micon on any level should not be even remotely surprised at these recent developments

he pissed off the wrong people in Vegas considering that the Nevada 'legalized' poker market was fledgling at best

my guess is some deep Nevada pockets ratted his punk ass out to the NGC

I have zero sympathy for Bryan

he knew the risks involved when he decided to proceed with SWC/Bitcoins and openly flipping the finger at the DOJ

he def has some cash stashed away in Bitcoins.....enough to enable him to flee to Antigua

way to go planning for your kids future you selfish fuck

oh and good luck rolling into Antigua and setting up shop in a haven for offshore gambling magnates

I'm sure they won't mind at all that he wants to move in overnight and try to reinvent the entire climate/dynamic of online poker

good luck Bryan you stupid motherfucker

Banned
    Load Metric
    just so stupid on so many levels

Thread Information