Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    The fight going the 11 round over (-350) is the play here, right?
    I don't see those as attractive odds for that proposition, though obv it's likely to go the distance.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post
    any serious buyers on the site? I have 2 tix looking to sell will be in vegas on Wednesday to pick theme up at will call.
    Earliest pick up will be Friday.
    Not at the box office

Load Metric
    In the meantime, we do have a pretty good fight on tonight...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

I can't help but feel like something stupid is gonna happen. Clash of heads, broken hand, something like that.

I don't think it's set in fully, that this shit is really even happening.
    Yeah, I still can't believe it, and I can't believe how fast it's come up - one week away already. It's crazy. And the closer the fight gets the more I realize how much I want Floyd to win, as shameful as that is.
    I don't think it's shameful. As a boxing purist, it's good to see a guy like Floyd win this fight. Similar to the "defense wins championships" in NFL. If you can separate the "outside the ring" Mayweather from the fighter, it's easy to want him to win.

Not to mention, if it's close, we get a rematch.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Jennings +1150 for me.

I picked him a long time ago to be the guy to knock off Wladimir. Can't go back on it now. I still think it's too soon, though.

Load Metric
    Jennings +1150 for me.

I picked him a long time ago to be the guy to knock off Wladimir. Can't go back on it now. I still think it's too soon, though.
    Don't see it happening, but I like the odds you got. Looks like it's at +800 now at most books here.

Load Metric

Jennings +1150 for me.

Don't see it happening, but I like the odds you got. Looks like it's at +800 now at most books here.
    I don't think it's likely either. But it's really the only way to bet it. If Jennings can get inside and touch him...stranger things have happened.

Load Metric
    I like Jennings and I hope he wins but he is going to get fucking splattered.

Load Metric
    Shhhhhhhhhh.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

lewfather: LOL TIGHT CHECK RAISE WAHLBERG, OBV PLAYING BAD

Load Metric
    Floyd Mayweather Jr told to retire after fight with Manny Pacquiao
    http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...manny-pacquiao

Floyd Mayweather Sr hopes his son decides to hang up his gloves after his May 2 superfight against Manny Pacquiao.

Long-time rivals Mayweather Jr and Pacquiao will finally touch gloves at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas in what is widely expected to be the richest fight in boxing history.

While Mayweather Sr believes his son will have no problem extending his unbeaten streak against the Filipino, he called for it to be his last fight - a statement which may not go down well with Britain's Amir Khan.

"I hope that Floyd gets out the game at the right time," Mayweather Sr told the Sunday Telegraph.

"This is a gambler's game and I don't think Floyd should be gambling too much. Once you reach that pedigree and make that kind of money, you don't have to fight no more.

"I hope he walks away after this fight. Whenever you get in that ring, anything can happen. It looks easy but it ain't as easy as it looks. He makes it look easy."

Mayweather Jr is looking to make it 48 victories from 48 professional fights and will face a tough challenge in Pacquiao.

However, the American's father deems eight-division champion Pacquiao to be just another opponent.

He added: "This era is closed. It's done. Pacquiao is done. He needs to be locked up in jail because it's time to save his ass. Pacquiao needs to lock himself up.

"He is not on Floyd's level. All he is, is an opponent. That's all he is. Nothing more, nothing less."
    So Floyd Mayweather Sr (the crackhead) really thinks his son will retire after his fight with Pacquiao? even if he wins?

I doubt it, Mayweather Jr is just too greedy and selfish to retire. He needs to make money before he's as broke as Evander Holyfield or Mike Tyson.
    He will probably try for a re-match with Pacquiao or he'll fight Amir Khan or some other lackluster opponent.

Load Metric
    Shhhhhhhhhh.
    I was impressed with him. He is not an exciting HW by any means, and lacks real HW power, but he still has a lot of room for improvement, has a very solid chin, and could be a formidable opponent for the next 5-7 years.

I doubt we see Klitschko in the states again after that performance. Euro judges will let him clinch all he wants, obv a different story here. He looked pretty weak once they started deducting points. Not sure if he can last without pushing his weight around like he's been able to do the last 11 years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Floyd Mayweather Jr told to retire after fight with Manny Pacquiao
    http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...manny-pacquiao

Floyd Mayweather Sr hopes his son decides to hang up his gloves after his May 2 superfight against Manny Pacquiao.

Long-time rivals Mayweather Jr and Pacquiao will finally touch gloves at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas in what is widely expected to be the richest fight in boxing history.

While Mayweather Sr believes his son will have no problem extending his unbeaten streak against the Filipino, he called for it to be his last fight - a statement which may not go down well with Britain's Amir Khan.

"I hope that Floyd gets out the game at the right time," Mayweather Sr told the Sunday Telegraph.

"This is a gambler's game and I don't think Floyd should be gambling too much. Once you reach that pedigree and make that kind of money, you don't have to fight no more.

"I hope he walks away after this fight. Whenever you get in that ring, anything can happen. It looks easy but it ain't as easy as it looks. He makes it look easy."

Mayweather Jr is looking to make it 48 victories from 48 professional fights and will face a tough challenge in Pacquiao.

However, the American's father deems eight-division champion Pacquiao to be just another opponent.

He added: "This era is closed. It's done. Pacquiao is done. He needs to be locked up in jail because it's time to save his ass. Pacquiao needs to lock himself up.

"He is not on Floyd's level. All he is, is an opponent. That's all he is. Nothing more, nothing less."
    So Floyd Mayweather Sr (the crackhead) really thinks his son will retire after his fight with Pacquiao? even if he wins?

I doubt it, Mayweather Jr is just too greedy and selfish to retire. He needs to make money before he's as broke as Evander Holyfield or Mike Tyson.
    He will probably try for a re-match with Pacquiao or he'll fight Amir Khan or some other lackluster opponent.

He has 1 more fight on his contract after this fight.

Load Metric

Shhhhhhhhhh.
    I was impressed with him. He is not an exciting HW by any means, and lacks real HW power, but he still has a lot of room for improvement, has a very solid chin, and could be a formidable opponent for the next 5-7 years.

I doubt we see Klitschko in the states again after that performance. Euro judges will let him clinch all he wants, obv a different story here. He looked pretty weak once they started deducting points. Not sure if he can last without pushing his weight around like he's been able to do the last 11 years.
    It's really disappointing to see him fight that way. Clinching is a part of the sport, but he does it when it isn't necessary.

On Jennings, I like him a lot. Like you said, a lot of improving to do, but he's gonna be fine. He gave a good account of himself for the most part.

Load Metric

It's really disappointing to see him fight that way. Clinching is a part of the sport, but he does it when it isn't necessary.
    It's morphed into being completely part of his style now. I've always hated watching fighters who employ the clinch as a large tactic in what they do. He's that guy now.

I'm actually rooting for someone to beat him now before he passes Holmes. As long as he fights in Europe though I don't see that happening.

Load Metric
    without knowing anything at all about Jennings except his birthplace, it was clear that Vlad had an easy fight ahead of him last night, simply because he was fighting an American in America. if the guy was an actual threat, the fight would have been in Germany, or similar.

Load Metric

It's morphed into being completely part of his style now. I've always hated watching fighters who employ the clinch as a large tactic in what they do. He's that guy now.

I'm actually rooting for someone to beat him now before he passes Holmes. As long as he fights in Europe though I don't see that happening.
    The only guy with an outside shot is Wilder, imo. And not because he's skilled, but because he might catch him with one of those looping shots that knocks him out.

Load Metric
    Also, that picture up there is 100% not Cotto after the Mayweather fight.

Matter of fact, that isn't Marquez after Mayweather either.

And I'm pretty sure that's Maidana at the weigh-in.

Load Metric
    Also, that picture up there is 100% not Cotto after the Mayweather fight.

Matter of fact, that isn't Marquez after Mayweather either.

And I'm pretty sure that's Maidana at the weigh-in.

Mother fucker. That's Hatton at the weigh-in, too. LOL.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    They were reshowing a bunch of old fights on CBSSN. Most of Mayweathers fights were boring, but his fight versus Hatton (which I had never seen before) was actually pretty entertaining and Hatton held his own until the 8th round and was possibly ahead on the cards.

From what I can tell Manny doesn't fight inside like that, but based on this and the first Maidana fight seems Floyd's weakness (if he has any) is letting people get inside him and winning rounds by outworking him even if they aren't doing any real damage.

Thread Information