Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stealthmunk (Justin Schwartz) going off on poker coaches, specifically Jonathan Little

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post
    Jonathan Little is a POS who shared his account and was booted off of Team Full Tilt
    Oh I forgot about that.

He stupidly let people play on it while he was in live tournaments.

Oops!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Who are considered the top top coaches out there right now.

Years ago I got a lot out Of Sheets and Bax's SnG training vids when starting out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Coaches exist in every endeavor so that won't be changing.

Some obv. take advantage of recent success and try to cash in on it.

When the poker boom hit I followed the rest into NL Holdem and lost

regularly so I switched to limit just to keep the numbers under control

but soon realized it too was not much easier for me, but I didn't lose so much

so quickly.

Then I found this site and the free training offered by Todd and Neverwin

in limit and it turned my game into a profitable one, comparatively speaking.

The the math wizards appeared and or the bots/cheaters an the bankroll

slid back to a sink hole.

I'm now back on NL and for some reason I'm winning more than losing.

My question for you Todd, is Barry Tanenbaum still a respected limit coach

and has Ed Miller ever been one? (I got his DVD from Pokerstars).

Also, have you thought of getting into coaching for profit?

I realize the game has changed due to the lack of donks

but you could easily edit your former shows for this purpose.
    Why the weird writing style above?

Anyway, I haven't seen much of Barry Tannenbaum's play. He sat next to me once with a BAD cold at Bellagio 30-60, and it pissed me off because he should have been home instead of infecting everyone. Like, he had a huge mound of tissues and was blowing his nose every few minutes.

From what I could tell from the brief time I played with him, he seemed to be an ABC "older white guy" player, with a 1990s playstyle. So his coaching would probably benefit a fish, but I don't think that good players could learn anything from him, and there's a good chance he couldn't beat Commerce 40-80, even ignoring the terrible rake there. I can't say for sure, because I only played with him a short time.
    Are you aware that Barry has been deceased for more than 3 years? Just seems you were referring to him in present tense, so maybe you didn't know.

From 2003-2007, the main game I regularly played was the Bellagio 30-60. I went from being a losing player the first year and change to eventually being a winning reg. I eventually stopped playing the game during the mass exodus of bellagio players that left between 2006-2007 due to the way the room was run, the way floorman and shift bosses treated players with a "you should feel privileged to play here" attitude. I'm sure Druff you experienced some of this.

When they brought in a new staff to try to get the old clientele back, (by then they had eliminated 30-60 and ran only 20-40 and 40-80) limit holdem was in bad shape there. The middle eastern, asian, and older rich white males that would vacation in Vegas n the weekends and choose to play those games as well as pit games stopped playing. The games got harder. Everyone was more or less passing money back and forth.

I played probably 300+ sessions with Barry over the years and agree he was a very 90's esque ABC player. He also had to propensity to tilt big time when losing.

Many times he would be stuck in the 30 game when it broke. He would then go to 30-60 half kill O8 limit (which he was far far worse at) and start chasing. I remember quite a few bad beats he put on me 3 betting with 379k and the like lol.

Colby (epistate) was also a regular in this game for many years.

Roy Cooke, a fixture in the 30 game (the 40 game) since its inception when the room opened recently announced that he was giving up limit holdem to start playing 5-10 no limit at the B since he as well felt the win rate that the limit game could be beaten at wasn't worth the time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post
    Jonathan Little is a POS who shared his account and was booted off of Team Full Tilt
    Oh I forgot about that.

Oops!

It wasn't just some live tournament. He was like in the elite 8 at the NBC hu tourney at Caesars when it went viral that his account had played in some insane number of sng (like 1500) during the time he had been playing the HU tourney.

http://pokerati.com/2008/03/jonathan...rom-full-tilt/

edit: lol just found the above link from pokerati Don's site

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ^^^ yeah I remember this too. It was clearly stupid of Jonathan Little but looking back now after all the things the dirty Full Tilt Poker owners did I don't feel the least bit sorry for them paying out extra rakeback to someone who Little probably coached so he as likely playing an extremely close style to what Little would have. Not right towards players but fucking over the old Full Tilt seems satisfying.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post

Why the weird writing style above?

Anyway, I haven't seen much of Barry Tannenbaum's play. He sat next to me once with a BAD cold at Bellagio 30-60, and it pissed me off because he should have been home instead of infecting everyone. Like, he had a huge mound of tissues and was blowing his nose every few minutes.

From what I could tell from the brief time I played with him, he seemed to be an ABC "older white guy" player, with a 1990s playstyle. So his coaching would probably benefit a fish, but I don't think that good players could learn anything from him, and there's a good chance he couldn't beat Commerce 40-80, even ignoring the terrible rake there. I can't say for sure, because I only played with him a short time.
    Are you aware that Barry has been deceased for more than 3 years? Just seems you were referring to him in present tense, so maybe you didn't know.

From 2003-2007, the main game I regularly played was the Bellagio 30-60. I went from being a losing player the first year and change to eventually being a winning reg. I eventually stopped playing the game during the mass exodus of bellagio players that left between 2006-2007 due to the way the room was run, the way floorman and shift bosses treated players with a "you should feel privileged to play here" attitude. I'm sure Druff you experienced some of this.

When they brought in a new staff to try to get the old clientele back, (by then they had eliminated 30-60 and ran only 20-40 and 40-80) limit holdem was in bad shape there. The middle eastern, asian, and older rich white males that would vacation in Vegas n the weekends and choose to play those games as well as pit games stopped playing. The games got harder. Everyone was more or less passing money back and forth.

I played probably 300+ sessions with Barry over the years and agree he was a very 90's esque ABC player. He also had to propensity to tilt big time when losing.

Many times he would be stuck in the 30 game when it broke. He would then go to 30-60 half kill O8 limit (which he was far far worse at) and start chasing. I remember quite a few bad beats he put on me 3 betting with 379k and the like lol.

Colby (epistate) was also a regular in this game for many years.

Roy Cooke, a fixture in the 30 game (the 40 game) since its inception when the room opened recently announced that he was giving up limit holdem to start playing 5-10 no limit at the B since he as well felt the win rate that the limit game could be beaten at wasn't worth the time.
    No I was unaware of his death. Limit was new to me and I somehow regarded him as
    somewhat of an expert. But I do realize poker changed a lot in the late 90's"? and will never be the same.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel72 View Post
    I always loved, how J. Little explains sngs and tourneys in his videos, im a member of his floattheturn training site.

The membership costs only $10 a month! Thats nothing!

There are many other video coaches on his site besides J. Little himself ... like spacegravy, hotjenny, z32fanatic, ddbeast, johndayton, etc.

Recently i got an email from him:

"On the webinar, I'm going to review some
    of the hands from a $109 buy-in tournament
    I won in December.

There were 3121 entrants and first place
    earned me $49,156."

I looked at OPRankings and indeed, he still knows one or two things about poker:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    I don't see what some of these players like hotjenny and JohnDayton offer in terms of coaching other than how to grind mass tables and be a push bot.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Coaching has always been way over priced imo. You get all sorts of Charlatans charging $150+ per hour.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post

Oh I forgot about that.

Oops!

It wasn't just some live tournament. He was like in the elite 8 at the NBC hu tourney at Caesars when it went viral that his account had played in some insane number of sng (like 1500) during the time he had been playing the HU tourney.

http://pokerati.com/2008/03/jonathan...rom-full-tilt/

edit: lol just found the above link from pokerati Don's site

lol what a fucking dipshit

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Did Doug Lee state in a previous interview that he was charging something ridiculous like $600/hour for poker coaching?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkCrusher View Post
    Did Doug Lee state in a previous interview that he was charging something ridiculous like $600/hour for poker coaching?
    Yes, he said it to me. Never in my life have I had such a hard time keeping a straight face.

Comments

WillieMcFML: 3:46 of insecure delusion

Load Metric
    Sooooo.. Links on how to play poker in 2015? I still play like 2006.

Load Metric
    Does anybody know, if Negreanus training site PokerVT is still working?

The site dooks dead and i donīt want to put my credit card data on a insecure site.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel72 View Post
    Does anybody know, if Negreanus training site PokerVT is still working?

The site dooks dead and i donīt want to put my credit card data on a insecure site.
    I'm not really up on training sites these days but their have to be better options even the cheaper beginner packages at runitonce or iveyleague have got to be better given the fact they are more current.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    This is fucking stupid. I doubt Littles target demographic is the top 99 percent of players for tips on how to beat the top 99.99 percent of players.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    This is fucking stupid. I doubt Littles target demographic is the top 99 percent of players for tips on how to beat the top 99.99 percent of players.
    Don't you mean the top 1% of players on how to beat the top 0.01% of players?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Yeah. Last year in an interview I asked him about coaching. Specifically about whether doing it hurts his bottom line by making his opponents more competent (a reason Doug Polk had recently given for refusing to coach people), and he said that's irrelevant. Because his students are typically people playing much lower than him, and even if they rise to his stakes they'll still be losers at that level initially.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Don't you mean the top 1% of players on how to beat the top 0.01% of players?
    Yes

Load Metric
    Just watched a little of Littles $109 victory webinar, itīs interesting and free

(still on for 1 day 22 hours)

http://jonathanlittlepoker.com/bigge...eplay/?ref=RFC

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That stealhmunk guy was incredibly difficult to understand on radio.

Thread Information