Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The protest I was willing to go to jail for

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I really would have let them arrest me though. Wasn't kidding about that.
    I agree with you on this.

What would you have done if an employee or security had put themselves between you and the food and forced you to use physical force to get to the food?

Load Metric
    I think it was Druff's wish to actually get arrested and put an end to the wish most Jewish mothers have that their sons become spooks for the CIA.

Alice's Restaurant - allegedly a true story that began Thanksgiving 1965

Load Metric
    should have burned that college to the ground

Comments

tyde: best post in thread

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

I reject anyone's claims that I am "entitled" because I am not. I do complain whenever I'm getting screwed, and I do devote a lot of energy to stand up to asshole managers like the one in this story who use their job to abuse people. I have realistic expectations. I don't think I'm anyone special or deserve special treatment. I do have a strong belief that I should get what I pay for, and I do believe that the customer is doing the business a favor by patronizing it, and not the other way around. This belief even extends to this site (which doesn't even make money), where I try to seriously consider what the users/listeners want and try to conform as much as I can to that.
    No you fucking don't. You attack middling managers in pizza shops and cashiers you know can never win in the end against you. You are a coward. Trying to buy everything at a discount isn't doing the business a favor. You try and pull an angle in every place you go. If a pizza place doesn't put the right ingredients on your pizza and you complain for a $50 gift card it doesn't do shit for them. Screwing with managers who make $12 bucks an hour and putting them out of work because they don't treat you exactly the way you want makes you a fucking bitch.
    Last edited by bukowski72; 11-27-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

Also, this was at a public college, so the cafeteria was owned by the state of California. It's not like a small business owner saying that he sets his own policies. There are strict rules and regulations that these places are required to follow when operating on money fron the general public. Simply put, if you pay for a hot meal, you need to get a hot meal, or they need to refund you in some way. It doesn't matter if the manager liked me or disliked me. Part of being a manager and working with the public is putting your personal feelings aside and dealing with people professionally. It would be understandable if I was being an unreasonable asshole and demanding things I wasn't entitled to, but here there was a simple solution and he chose not to exercise it because he was an asshole.

I am not required to be likable in order not to be cheated by a cafeteria owned by the state of California.

With that said, I wasn't yelling, wasn't creating a scene, and in fact was polite at first to the manager when I asked for him to let me go to the other cafeteria. He probably resented me because I was asking him to do extra work, while the other students this affected just said "well this sucks" and dealt with not getting what they paid for. So he saw me as a pain in the ass and said he couldn't do it just to spite me.

You might be fucking insane.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post

I reject anyone's claims that I am "entitled" because I am not. I do complain whenever I'm getting screwed, and I do devote a lot of energy to stand up to asshole managers like the one in this story who use their job to abuse people. I have realistic expectations. I don't think I'm anyone special or deserve special treatment. I do have a strong belief that I should get what I pay for, and I do believe that the customer is doing the business a favor by patronizing it, and not the other way around. This belief even extends to this site (which doesn't even make money), where I try to seriously consider what the users/listeners want and try to conform as much as I can to that.
    No you fucking don't. You attack middling managers in pizza shops and cashiers you know can never win in the end against you. You are a coward. Trying to buy everything at a discount isn't doing the business a favor. You try and pull an angle in every place you go. If a pizza place doesn't put the right ingredients on your pizza and you complain for a $50 gift card it doesn't do shit for them. Screwing with managers who make $12 bucks an hour and putting them out of work because they don't treat you exactly the way you want makes you a fucking bitch.
    I don't pull angles. If there is a discount to be had, of course I will take it. Who wouldn't?

I don't go after employees who make honest mistakes like putting the wrong ingredients on pizzas. I go after the ones who are rude or confrontational when I point out some kind of legitimate issue.

I don't "screw with managers". If one treats me disrespectfully, I tell the true and correct story to their boss without any exaggeration. I have no power over these managers. The power rests with the business owner, who may or may not take action based upon what I report to him. I think it's an asshole thing to do to report someone for making an honest mistake, but when you have a bad experience at a business due to laziness, rudeness, or power trips, then I am not only doing the business owner a favor by reporting it, but I am doing future customers a favor as well.

Anyway, I see you're having another moody night, though I will admit I prefer weirdly confrontational bukowski over passive-aggressive bukowski.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

Anyway, I see you're having another moody night, though I will admit I prefer weirdly confrontational bukowski over passive-aggressive bukowski.
    This isn't a moody night. This has been the first thread in a long time that has made my blood boil. I think you just take a little bit to much pleasure in beating these people down. The judge druff stuff works for you. You are very old testament.

And you are attacking people who can never beat you in the end. An articulate, pleasant call to corporate will never be beaten by any a local employee or manger no matter who was wrong. On this same line of play do you really want us to believe in ALL these confrontations you have never said a snooty word when you were upset? We know that is bullshit. But when you make your call to corporate I can believe you keep that in check and explain how you were always reasonable and civil. They will eat it up every time.

Even if it was a locally owned joint and some owner probably just told you to fuck off they would probably get tons of fake yelp reviews and 100s of robocalls during business hours or at home when they are sleeping.

I was trying to think if you only attack the weak, but you did at least try and take on Phil Hellmuth when there was not much upside and that was admirable.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This isn't a moody night. This has been the first thread in a long time that has made my blood boil. I think you just take a little bit to much pleasure in beating these people down. The judge druff stuff works for you. You are very old testament.

And you are attacking people who can never beat you in the end. An articulat,e pleasant call to corporate will never be beaten by any a local employee or manger no matter who was wrong. On this same line of play do you really want us to believe in ALL these confrontations you have never said a snooty word when you were upset? We know that is bullshit. But when you make your call to corporate I can believe you keep that in check and explain how you were always reasonable and civil. They will eat it up every time.

Even if it was a locally owned joint and some owner probably just told you to fuck off they would probably get tons of fake yelp reviews and 100s of robocalls during business hours or at home when they are sleeping.

I was trying to think if you only attack the weak, but you did at least try and take on Phil Hellmuth when there was not much upside and that was admirable.
    If people use their job to fuck with me, then yes, I take pleasure in seeing them get in trouble. I always give employees a chance to make things right on their own before complaining about them, and again, I never report people for honest mistakes provided they attempt to fix the problem.

Why was this thread upsetting you? Do you think I victimized that poor manager back in 1992? You do realize that he was happy to screw over poor/naive college students just because he could, right? The dude was acting the part of the bully bureaucrat and I wasn't having it.

Comments

bukowski72: Mr. Druff I have to let you go for now...after the lazy manager denied you he prob went out back smoked a cig by the dumpsters and thought I really have the world by the balls

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Hitler was terrible. But reading this board allows me to understand why normal German citizens were able to pretend nothing was happening in the 30's.

You somehow managed to out-dumb this thread.

Banned
    Load Metric

he can't comprehend logic of this sort

does not compute

Load Metric
    the most amazing thing is even after telling these types of stories on the forums for 10 years you still have untold vintage material in the archives.

imo the all time greatest was phoning the front desk at toys r us when you were stuck in the store shitter without paper

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Without question

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    the most amazing thing is even after telling these types of stories on the forums for 10 years you still have untold vintage material in the archives.

imo the all time greatest was phoning the front desk at toys r us when you were stuck in the store shitter without paper
    Druff's stories are always solid gold - mainly because they seem sitcomy and should never happen in real life.

While I have my doubts about the legitimacy of the original post being any sort of a "level" I can attest to the fact that Druff can actually enjoy himself during a meal. I had a meal with him, Brandon, and China in Vegas and Druff was pleasant during the meal and YES he even left a tip.

My memory is vague but I actually am relatively certain something went wrong during the meal (wrong food was delivered or something like that) and was corrected rather quickly and no request to speak with the manager or demand for the next 10 meals free was made.

Comments

Dan Druff: ping pang pong rep

tyde: nut hugger green rep

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post
    I can attest to the fact that Druff can actually enjoy himself during a meal.

thats just GOLD right there folks

and btw JS...

the only reason he left a tip was because he was forced to dine with other human beings, and you probably weren't watching as you guys left the table, or he would have snatched that bitch up

sweet nut hugger post though

Banned
    Load Metric
    sig worthy

Banned
    Load Metric
    Todd's life is pretty shallow

never really been anywhere

never really accomplished much

his entire legacy will be predicated upon saving 7 bucks in random pizza joints and harassing the managers threatening to sue them

fucking pathetic how his man believes in his heart he is so entitled

I think Weiss made a great point earlier in this thread....

I wonder what his 'clan' would think of him if they saw all these multitude of threads complaining about the most mundane and irrelevant shit

imo way past sad

nitey nite champ

Load Metric
    I have to agree with druff here on principle, The fucking manger should have called the other place to let him in since they could not provide the hot meal. Druff did you find the meal plan worth the money? My kid talked me out of getting him the meal plan saying it is a rip off, He is also 19 and going to a top college here in Florida
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

never really been anywhere

never really accomplished much

Comments

varys: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    I have to agree with druff here on principle, The fucking manger should have called the other place to let him in since they could not provide the hot meal. Druff did you find the meal plan worth the money? My kid talked me out of getting him the meal plan saying it is a rip off, He is also 19 and going to a top college here in Florida

Oh your son goes to Lynn?

I didn't think so. So stfu about top college in FLorida LOFUCKINGL

Comments

simpdog: lol

4BET: You are pure trash, What would you know about college? LOW LIFE LOLOLOL
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    No Justice No Peas?

There's a joke in there somewhere, but this isn't it.
    Play the fail game show sound.

But what would have happened if I got into a standoff and was dragged off to jail for trying to get the hot meal I had paid for? It easily could have happened, and sometimes I wonder what the ultimate result there would have been.
    This point of principle doesn't seem worth being gang-raped by the n-words after the Aryan Brotherhood reject you.

Thread Information