Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SetofKs Is This True ?

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    I was reading the winter modeling forecasts a couple months back and basically all the computer models had the upper midwest getting between 200-300 inches of snow.

Well, the upper midwest doesn't even usually get more than about 15% of that, so basically they said fuck it, our computer models must be wrong and just came up with their own forecasts.

LoL if the modeling ends up being correct.

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: Snowpocalype Chicago style.. On the bright side its alot easier to see a n-word in the snow

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Pretty sure bullets hurt in non freezing temperatures too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    I was reading the winter modeling forecasts a couple months back and basically all the computer models had the upper midwest getting between 200-300 inches of snow.

Well, the upper midwest doesn't even usually get more than about 15% of that, so basically they said fuck it, our computer models must be wrong and just came up with their own forecasts.

LoL if the modeling ends up being correct.
    This is why I am pro global warming.

Gold
    Load Metric
    We're Minnesotans, Jewdonk.

We thrive on this shit. We get on snowmobiles and ride to our hearts content as long as there's snow. We make 10'x20' heated and furnished shacks and put them on frozen lakes and cut holes in 3 feet of ice to fish, drink, and play cribbage. We throw on various shades of orange, and go out to shoot tasty, tasty deer and fill our freezers with venison. Not to mention skiing (downhill, cross country), ice skating, outdoor hockey and/or boot hockey, sledding, etc etc etc.

Is it cold? Sure. Is there a lot of snow? Sometimes. The only people that can't hack it are the Somalians and West Coast transplants who put on parkas that would make Nanook jealous the minute the temps drop below 50. Shit, even the Hmong people buck up and deal. Really, the only thing I don't like about MN winters is the first major snow event of the year. Seems like everybody (a) forgets how to drive in snow, or (b) assumes that 4WD makes you bulletproof. So much carnage in the ditches.

Minnesota weather, keeping idiots away since 1858.

Comments

rickastley: go out to shoot tasty, tasty deer

PLOL: endorse

General Bonkers: ice fishing rep
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post

We thrive on this shit. We get on snowmobiles and ride to our hearts content as long as there's snow. We make 10'x20' heated and furnished shacks and put them on frozen lakes and cut holes in 3 feet of ice to fish, drink, and play cribbage. We throw on various shades of orange, and go out to shoot tasty, tasty deer and fill our freezers with venison. Not to mention skiing (downhill, cross country), ice skating, outdoor hockey and/or boot hockey, sledding, etc etc etc.

Is it cold? Sure. Is there a lot of snow? Sometimes. The only people that can't hack it are the Somalians and West Coast transplants who put on parkas that would make Nanook jealous the minute the temps drop below 50. Shit, even the Hmong people buck up and deal. Really, the only thing I don't like about MN winters is the first major snow event of the year. Seems like everybody (a) forgets how to drive in snow, or (b) assumes that 4WD makes you bulletproof. So much carnage in the ditches.

Anymore I would say the ratio of trucks and suvs to cars in the ditch around here is like 5 to 1 in the winter.

I always presume it is a suburban asshole who doesn't realize 4 Wheel Drive doesn't equal 4 wheel stop.

Comments

wrenchjockey: I've got a Jeep Wrangler on 35" tires with a 4 inch lift. I still drive 20mph UNDER the speed limit on snow days. Number of unplanned times in ditch = 0

Load Metric
    -24 here this morning in Laramie, WY.

Pair that with a bit of wind and holy fuck.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Let's be honest here, the skiing in Minnesota sucks.

You get all that snow, and the mountains just aren't that good.

Best skiing is in the Rockies, second best in Washington, third best is in the Sierras in California/Nevada.

Skiing east of the Rockies sucks.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    -24 here this morning in Laramie, WY.

Pair that with a bit of wind and holy fuck.
    That's awful.

Coldest I've ever experienced was -15 with wind in Mammoth Lakes, California (during their coldest day on record, where it later fell to -21). It was awful.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Best skiing is in the Rockies, second best in Washington, third best is in the Sierras in California/Nevada.

Everything WJ said. Outdoor skating rinks at night with the snow up to the boards, then, if
    you're a kid you can literally skate home afterwards.

If you're out for a while you'll want this..a Name:  004.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  21.4 KB

snowmobile suit, and what's in it in this case.

Also. best skiing in the West.....
    1. Whistler Mountain is a mountain in the Fitzsimmons Range of the Pacific Ranges of the Coast Mountains, located on the northwestern edge of Garibaldi Provincial Park. It is the location of the Whistler-Blackcomb ski resort and the town of Whistler, British Columbia.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have heard good things about Whistler, but it is hard to bring myself to make the long trip when Mammoth is 300 miles away.

Load Metric
    I have heard good things about Whistler, but it is hard to bring myself to make the long trip when Mammoth is 300 miles away.

Whistler is hands down the best probably in the world IMO I have skied every were including NZ and the largest areas in France and Austria. Mammoth is good, GREAT SNOW! I have been there before maybe ten years ago I liked its fall line terrane but Whistler is probably five times bigger and better terrain. I would encourage you to come to Whistler for a week of skiing and if you do i would take you for a tour of both mountains on what ever terrain you are comfortable with..... It is however a bit expensive accommodation, food and drink, there are a few work arounds with the lift tickets $70 instead of $100 per day, plus plus plus plus..... lol

It would not be worth the time and expense if the weather forecast is bad (warm, wet.)

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com

hope it snow's soon so far hot rain and cold clear WT....

Comments

Muck Ficon: Faggot lol

1marley1: lol
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Never skiing in my life but aren't Vermont and NH pretty good spots to ski?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Never skiing in my life but aren't Vermont and NH pretty good spots to ski?
    Only by east coast standards.

Good skiing is Rockies or west.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Skiing in Vail was the best outdoor activity I have ever done, aside from sucking cock in an Israeli forest ofc.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Druff is right about eastern skiing China......Vermont and NH are way too icy and the mountains aren't high enough to get great runs......best sking is cold and dry snow so there can be powder.......agree that Whistler is HOF......Utah is great also in the Wasatch range......Colo in the Rockies and Mammoth and Tahoe in the Sierras all way better than anywhere in the East.....

Gold
    Load Metric
    I'm not up in here saying MN is anywhere close to a Vail, Breckenridge, Oregon, (your favorite ski slope here), etc. We literally have ZERO mountains. We have a few hilly areas that have some skiing, and it's good enough for an afternoon of fun with the kids.

Gold
    Load Metric
    DOUBLE POST TILT:

When I was a kid, our outdoor rink was on the edge of town next to a farmer's cow pasture, but we didn't have boards around the rink, we had snowbanks. If you were unlucky enough to get checked into the snowbank on the south side and didn't stop soon enough, you hit a 3 strand barbed wire fence that kept the neighbor's cows in the pasture. If you REALLY were running bad, part of you went through the barbed wire another foot or two and hit the single strand ELECTRIC fence that kept the neighbor's cows in the pasture.

Oh, and no pads. We're talking STREET backyard pond ice hockey, niggas. I still have dents in my shins from playing goalie. I got wise and 'creatively borrowed' the catcher's shinguards from the town baseball team's storage shack over the winter months.

Gold
    Load Metric
    TRIPLE POST TILT BONUS SPECIAL POST:

@rickastley

Just scrolled through my facebook wall from the last week. Total: 25 dead deer, the first weekend of the season. Because you can't eat em without killin em. You can try, but I don't recommend. Venison is 1000% times better for you than the *cough* hamburger you're picking up at Sam's Club.

Comments

General Bonkers: got me by 6 deer on fb but our gun season hasn't started

rickastley: trying too hard rep nb. no clue what 'sam's club' is but nice tilt anyhow.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    TRIPLE POST TILT BONUS SPECIAL POST:

@rickastley

Just scrolled through my facebook wall from the last week. Total: 25 dead deer, the first weekend of the season. Because you can't eat em without killin em. You can try, but I don't recommend. Venison is 1000% times better for you than the *cough* hamburger you're picking up at Sam's Club.
    Do you sell it at the flea markets and rodeos?

How many boxes of Jeremiah's eggs can you get for it?

Finally, how much per lb?

TIA

Thread Information