Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Seth spot on as usual

Comments

WillieMcFML: seth is god /thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    don't think the sample size will ever be large enough to really determine if we are causing climate change
    the only people at this point who question the validity of man made climate change are those who lack the education or aptitude to understand the hard data at bar.

lol @ sample size.

wow billiam. wow.
    poorly worded and thought out but my point is our lifetimes are very short while the earth has been around for 4000 years and shit is cyclical

no matter what we do we will have some short term impact. butterfly effect everything has an impact

Comments

nunbeater: Christian science has proven that the world is 6000 years old you dumbshit

1marley1: butterflies
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 10-23-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    the earth has been around for 4000 years

Comments

1marley1: that's not nice

Load Metric
    willie.

tell me more about this 4000 year old earth thing.

because oh my god.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Willie, I assume that was a typo so will give you a pass but please know the earth is approx 4 billion years old (except to those who believe in creationism or a literal interpretation of the Bible). I suppose some could argue that this is in dispute but no, it is not.....like man made global warming, scientific opinion on this is as close to unanimous as one could expect.

Load Metric
    Found Willie's twitter..................

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    calm down you faggots the earth is approx 4400 years old so william is on point

Comments

1marley1: cmon

Load Metric
    so hes off by 4 centurys do you know how long that is your faggot ancestors were probably wearing retarded clothes and eating awful bread and your bitching about 400 years

Comments

1marley1: huh?

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    God created earth about 6000 years ago, anybody claiming different is obv brainwashed.
    Fucking planteaters

Load Metric
    I'm disappointed

in all of you

Comments

sonatine: ok just making sure

SrslySirius: I knew, bro. I knew.

Load Metric
    hey guys willie was kidding okay?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Man vs. the Universe, I'll take door two.

We, humanity, cause a blip on the screen but that's about it.

Also funny to hear people of this race believe that we've got our shit together and have all the answers.

btw I just put a sweater on the other day
    Last edited by limitles; 10-24-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Standard View Post

I think it speaks more to what we've all come to expect from scientific dialog on this site than anything else.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Standard View Post

I think it speaks more to what we've all come to expect from scientific dialog on this site than anything else.
    I don't think I've ever heard a more ambiguious statement on any such forum......congrats

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    This has nothing to do with being smart. It's about understanding how basic science and scientific data work.
    It's such a basic understanding of science and scientific data that we can't even accurately predict the weather out more than a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    For a bright guy, you've got a blind spot on this issue. Whenever it comes up, you always site the "weather". Weather does have a lot of variance.
    http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/no...l#.VEr6NNKad8E
    The difference between weather and climate is a measure of time. Weather is what conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time, and climate is how the atmosphere "behaves" over relatively long periods of time.
    Yeah, so we can't accurately predict the atmospheric conditions over a short period of time, but we know how it will behave over a long period of time? Let's not forget that our "data," as I've pointed out before is a very very very very small sample. You guys are so sure of this that you should have bet your entire life roll on a jsizzle's pick when he was four deep or whatever his streak was.

This isn't the stock market folks. It is not manipulated by people on a daily basis and controlled.

Load Metric
    climate != weather oh my god you people

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    How about citing one instance where I reference the Huffington Post.

This has nothing to do with being smart. It's about understanding how basic science and scientific data work.

And why is the founder of Weather Channel considered smart or knowledgeable on climate science?

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The issue isn't whether the climate has changed recently (it has), but more whether or not man was the cause of it.

This is actually a very hard question to answer, as weather patterns have a lot of variance, and there have been massive changes to global weather in the past, long before man had the capabilities to do anything to possibly affect the environment.
    For a bright guy, you've got a blind spot on this issue. Whenever it comes up, you always site the "weather". Weather does have a lot of variance.

The issue is global temperature and sea levels, which change the climate. Scientists aren't unsure if man caused this. Politicians and pundits are unsure. Big difference.
    Lol at acting like we know how global warming works, but we don't even understand the basic short term weather. Can't even predict it accurately 14 days out.

We don't understand weather, therefore we don't understand climate, therefore we we can't jump to saying we know how how global temperatures and sea levels impact climate, because we don't understand climate...

...now come on and tell me how you really feel big boy.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Right now there is a $100B transfer annually from Developed countries to Non-developed countries (Africa basically, non China Asia) to stay underdeveloped. The guise is global warming hype. The reality is to protect energy resources for the West / Asia / and now India. I mean, if every country developed resources like the US as far as refineries, forget Global Warming. Within a 100 years the world would be out of energy. You think Global Warming is an issue? Imagine the energy crisis if the entire continent of Africa went on the grid. You can absorb India barely, but not both India and Africa

The planet is not drowning in ice melt. It has been and always will be about economics. My amusement is a LOT of people are making a ton of money spreading fear. And I have no problem with these guys making a buck off fear, it's capitalism at its best. What I find fascinating are the loyal following of the merchants who make no money off the scheme and use their hard earned money to support the merchants. Al Gore is literally a billionaire and people wonder why he never reentered politics and divorced his wife. He is pulling more ass than a toilet seat and living the life of a King showing polar bears drowning. All he has to do is give a speech and it's $250,000 in his pocket. But even that is chump change to him now, he has been on the Board of Apple for a while now, a severe Carbon abuser but that does not count.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post

Lol at acting like we know how global warming works, but we don't even understand the basic short term weather. Can't even predict it accurately 14 days out.
    How can we say black aces will beat black kings 82% of the time, when we can't accurately say who's gonna win any given occurrence of AcAs v KcKs with any certainty at all?

In other words, your whole argument is retarded and illogical.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post

How can we say black aces will beat black kings 82% of the time, when we can't accurately say who's gonna win any given occurrence of AcAs v KcKs with any certainty at all?

In other words, your whole argument is retarded and illogical.
    No it's not, because cards are played with a deck of 52 cards and we know how the game is played. We know the variables and rules so we can quantify them.

We don't know all the variables of weather or how they interact. You're an idiot. Next...

Thread Information