Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kesha versus Dr. Luke, whose side are you on?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Kesha versus Dr. Luke, whose side are you on?

Pretty weird story.

Kesha and Dr. Luke are both suing one another.

Dr. Luke was the guy who discovered and signed Kesha. He also co-wrote/produced successful songs such as "Girlfriend" (Avril Lavigne), "Who Knew" (Pink), and "I Kissed a Girl" (Katy Perry).

Kesha is claiming that he emotionally abused her, and also gave her a date rape drug and raped her on one occasion.

She was recently in rehab for anorexia.

Dr. Luke claims that she just wants out of her contract, and is making all of this up.

She also claims that he was overly controlling and wouldn't let have any creative input on her second album.

I think the creative control thing is crap. Even if true, if their contract gave Dr. Luke creative control, so be it. She certainly can't say that he isn't good at producing pop hits, or that he didn't live up to his promises of making her successful.

Did he date rape her? Maybe, maybe not, but that's impossible to prove at this point.

The emotional abuse claims revolve around Luke supposedly calling her fat, leading to her eating disorder. Again, this may have occurred, but one can argue that her manager had a right to use "tough love" tactics in order to keep her weight down, as much of Kesha's appeal to the public came from her looks.

My opinion is that Kesha may be telling the truth about many of these things, but I don't believe they are lawsuit worthy (or provable).

Here are Kesha's letters to fans from a few months ago (while in rehab), where she makes reference to the supposed abuse that occurred: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertai...-luke-letters/ ... These letters were written before the lawsuit, but they don't prove anything, as they could have been intentionally written in preparation for the lawsuit.

Here is a CNN article about the whole thing: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/14/showbi...luke-lawsuits/

Load Metric
    I'm so detached from pop music that I read an article concerning this situation a week ago and then was utterly shocked the subjects of said article were white. Remove your knowledge of who they are and think about the pop star Kesha and music producer Dr. Luke having a beef. Would you have bet white?

Load Metric
    I always thought she had a dick?

Comments

ftpjesus: wrong chick with a dick, thats Lady Gaga with the twig and berries
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Dr. Luke.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Anyone producing crap music like this deserves abuse.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    I haven't heard many of her songs, but the ones I have heard all sound the same. She reinvented herself after rehab though. She is now Kesha, not Ke$ha.

Comments

Pooh:
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Mind control mk ultra kind of shit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I also think it's weak when you market yourself as a brash party girl for 5+ years, and then sue your manager because he called you fat (in private, no less) and made you cry.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    That talentless nothing should be thanking him on a daily basis that she's as successful as she is

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't see how any guy could get off giving some chick the date rape drug but that goes even more so for a girl that isn't fuckable to me at all even if I was sloppy drunk.

Comments

ftpjesus: true besides if rumors are to be believed she wouldnt need to be roofied.. Rumors was she was a fucking slut nympo anyway.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I also think it's weak when you market yourself as a brash party girl for 5+ years, and then sue your manager because he called you fat (in private, no less) and made you cry.
    I'm sure she will claim she never wanted to market herself that way. It was all her manager's idea...and that isn't the type of "artist" she is. Then she will release a new album where she actually tries to sing without auto-tune, and ditch the party girl image. It will fail and you will never hear about her again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    gotta admit, she is looking much better after having left that rehab place in Chicago last year.

lost weight, cleaned up, classed herself up a bit

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    Mind control mk ultra kind of shit

No doubt. These dudes take no chances and any media controversy is like maybe 1/100th as sick as the real shit that these poor souls don't remember

Kinda siding with the Dr. There was an email from Kesha's mom to Dr. Luke that could be viewed as extortion.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/16/showbi...luke-lawsuits/

Comments

big dick: loser

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Kesha, whose full name is Kesha Rose Sebert, was "an intelligent, family-oriented and joyful young woman" before Dr. Luke "showered her with promises of fame and fortune" and induced her to sign a contract with him in 2005, her lawsuit said.

Instead of living a life of Hollywood glamor, she "lived in a prison of his abuse," the lawsuit said.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I do believe they probably did have sex at Paris Hilton's house when she was 18.

I doubt the mother would have made a "threat" about releasing that if it were all made up.

However, it sounds more like they did pills together and banged, rather than some kind of date rape drug being used.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The emotional abuse claims revolve around Luke supposedly calling her fat, leading to her eating disorder. Again, this may have occurred, but one can argue that her manager had a right to use "tough love" tactics in order to keep her weight down, as much of Kesha's appeal to the public came from her looks.
    TIL Druff attended the Ike Turner School of Musician Management.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

So, TMZ is reporting that Kesha stated in a deposition that Dr. Luke never did any of the things she has accused him of doing. GG Kesha.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/16/showbi...luke-lawsuits/

Comments

4Dragons: it's all been a big misunderstanding

Load Metric
    Whole thing probably a publicity scam.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Starting to really look like Dr. Luke is in the right here.

Now Kesha is panicking that she's still under contract with Dr. Luke, saying that her career is "effectively over" unless she gets out of it.

From Yahoo:

Last October, Kesha sued producer Dr. Luke, alleging that while signed to his label, he drugged, raped and abused her.
    The singer is hoping that these allegations will dissolve her contract with his Kemosabe Records label, freeing her to work with other producers and songwriters. On Friday, she filed a preliminary injunction which would force the judge to make a decision.

Her attorney, celebrity lawyer Mark Geragos, painted a dire picture: “Kesha is at an impasse…her brand value has fallen, and unless the Court issues this injunction, Kesha will suffer irreparable harm, plummeting her career past the point of no return.”

Of course, that’s the opinion of her lawyer. But Kesha also submitted an affidavit from Jim Urie, former CEO of Universal Music Group Distribution, who spoke from a more qualified perspective. He said: “If Kesha cannot immediately resume recording…her career is effectively over.”

Throughout this entire ordeal, Dr. Luke has claimed to be a victim of extortion, and fired back with his own defamation lawsuit. A spokesperson for him commented on the recent state of things, saying, “If Kesha now regrets her career being mired in legal proceedings, it’s entirely her making.”

And for the first time, Sony Music, which owns Dr. Luke’s Kemosabe records, weighed in on the case, telling the judge that it’s been “caught in the crossfire."

A few months ago, Kesha added the music giant to her lawsuit, claiming that they enabled Dr. Luke’s behavior.

Sounds like someone overestimated her own importance and credibility.

Comments

ftpjesus: Most pop stars overestimate their own worth. It's the same with lawyers. You could kill off well over 50% of the entire either group and the world wouldn't care and might be better off.

Thread Information