Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kansas City Royals

Load Metric

Kansas City Royals

Congrats to the most irrelevant sports team of the three major sports (baseball,basketball,football) that I followed from the ages of 8-25.

I always have had a weird fondness for the Royals ever since I started collecting baseball cards in 1993, weirdly before I even watched baseball.

Despite formerly having been a huge baseball fan, off the top of my head I can only name four Royals players in my lifetime: (After doing a mental survey of any other irrelevant team to me, I could name 30+ long-term players on the Twins, A's, Rockies and Blue Jays).

Wally Joyner, Kevin Appier, Mark Gubzica and Brent Mayne.

I also only remember watching them once: when I lived in Chicago and got WGN which broadcast White Sox games.

Not trolling JSearles or any other fans, just find it amazing that despite being a huge sports fan, the Royals have literally never had a relevant moment in my lifetime following sports that I can remember.

I actually went to a game at Kauffman Stadium last year around this time on my through KC on my way to Wyoming from North Carolina.

It was dead and emoty but strangely enjoyable.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Congrats to the most irrelevant sports team of the three major sports (baseball,basketball,football) that I followed from the ages of 8-25.

I always have had a weird fondness for the Royals ever since I started collecting baseball cards in 1993, weirdly before I even watched baseball.

Despite formerly having been a huge baseball fan, off the top of my head I can only name four Royals players in my lifetime: (After doing a mental survey of any other irrelevant team to me, I could name 30+ long-term players on the Twins, A's, Rockies and Blue Jays).

I also only remember watching them once: when I lived in Chicago and got WGN which broadcast White Sox games.

Not trolling JSearles or any other fans, just find it amazing that despite being a huge sports fan, the Royals have literally never had a relevant moment in my lifetime following sports that I can remember.

I actually went to a game at Kauffman Stadium last year around this time on my through KC on my way to Wyoming from North Carolina.

Have you ever heard of George Brett or Bo Jackson?
    Just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

The problem with the world today is that nobody does anything based on principal anymore.

If you reach your 80's, consider your life in overtime. Sudden death overtime.

I'll never understand how swimmers get bitten by sharks. Can they not hear the music?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mwh72 View Post

Have you ever heard of George Brett or Bo Jackson?
    LOL I did forget to mention Brett, but I think he retired in 1993, the exact year I started watching.

Bo Jackson has always been a White Sox player to me as I lived in Chicago and went to Old Comiskey a few times.

Load Metric

Would you like anything from the World Series?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Yes, bring home the win. This year's playoffs is the first baseball I have watched in years and the Royals are the primary reason for it.

Strangely, living in Wyoming, I see a lot of Royals gear. Not as much as the Rockies, which is 1.5 hours away, but definitely second most, including pre-bandwagon

I enjoyed Kauffman and the city of KC the night I spent there last year on my way to WY.

Load Metric
    Yes, bring home the win. This year's playoffs is the first baseball I have watched in years and the Royals are the primary reason for it.

Strangely, living in Wyoming, I see a lot of Royals gear. Not as much as the Rockies, which is 1.5 hours away, but definitely second most, including pre-bandwagon

I enjoyed Kauffman and the city of KC the night I spent there last year on my way to WY.
    I grew up outside Denver. I spent many a weekends in Saratoga WY at the hot springs, or ice fishing. Sometimes both the same weekend
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    The Chicago Cubs are the most irrelevant team in the history of North American professional sports. Their only form of relevancy is that they can be ridiculed by the rest of the sporting world.

Comments

ftpjesus: Fucking with the goatman rep.

jsearles22: Thread is about the Royals

tyde: lmao
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Looks like a pick em tonight

Don't you have to take Bumgardner and Giants?

KC magic and home field is squaring up what I see as a pretty decent edge Bum vs Shields.

Bullpens are pretty even up.

Love the Royals story but Bumgardner and Giants experience have to be the correct play.

Load Metric
    The Royals had a run where they were producing great players that they couldn't keep. At one point, they had an outfield of Beltran, Jermaine Dye and Johnny Damon. If they had an ownership that even halfway committed to being competitive, their history would have been a lot different over the last 30 years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Looks like a pick em tonight

Don't you have to take Bumgardner and Giants?

KC magic and home field is squaring up what I see as a pretty decent edge Bum vs Shields.

Bullpens are pretty even up.

Love the Royals story but Bumgardner and Giants experience have to be the correct play.

The Royals trio of Herrera, Davis, and Holland, with their stats combined, would have had the greatest regular season of any starting pitcher ever. Bob Gibson-dead-ball-era level dominance. They've continued in the playoffs as well, along with their manager finally becoming more liberal with their usage.

Giants bullpen is good, but not even close to KC. No one in the Giants pen really scares hitters. The only guy who can hit mid-90's with their fastball is the youngster Strickland, and he's given up 4 hr's in 4 innings so far this postseason. Romo, Casilla, and Affeldt are a respectable top-3 in any teams pen, but they don't come close to KC's 3 right now.

Load Metric
    I obviously want the giants to win, but I can't hate on the Royals.

Comments

tyde: yes you can

Load Metric
    The only downside of the Royals winning their first 8 playoff games is having to listen to the old school baseball people jerk off all over because the Royals are a throwback.

These idiots won't actually look at the stats to see the Royals are scoring over 5 a game and have averaged a homer a game.

Yeah, they barely got into the playoffs, but they've been winning with power, not just speed and defense.

Comments

jsearles22: Accurate

Load Metric
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  1.65 MB

Comments

::o: JSizzle

Load Metric
    Is that your melon at the game?

Load Metric
    KC low keying the loss post game. The press is so amped for a story.

KC knows they will see Peavey tomorrow. Old familiar face for KC. Like playing with their father in the backyard. He's old and won't last too long.

KC will be relaxed looking ahead. That's important.

Peavey might last 4 or 5 innings. He is another playoff pitcher made available through the Boston yard sale. He was no great shakes this year.

Ventura–who isn't even 23 is a flamethrower - but I still contend Giants will adjust. They are a good fastball hitting team.

Ventura's numbers are not lights out. But he's better than Peavey.

Ventura left Orioles game with shoulder tightness. We will see.

Ventura beats Peavey and remains in game longer.

High scoring.

Royals 7-5

Load Metric
    One really annoying thing about living in non-EST is that occasionally sports can conflict with business.

I was tied up in meetings until 10pm MT and missed the entirety of the game.

I think it's def better overall but occasionally it blows, especially if you're busy.

That being said, looking forward to a football-soccer Sunday morning combo this weekend (Falcons-Lions play in London, kick off @730 my time).

Bloody Mary(ies) + degenerate tease ftw

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Why hasn't Danny Duffy started any postseason games? I guess what they were doing to go 8-0 was working but this guy was prob their best pitcher this season. Did he start the season in the pen or was he moved to the pen later in the season?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  1.65 MB

you fucking retard

learn how to post pics correctly

I'm not going to tilt my head sideways to look at your ugly ass chubby face

Comments

jsearles22: doesnt know the answer rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you fucking retard

learn how to post pics correctly

I'm not going to tilt my head sideways to look at your ugly ass chubby face
    Honest question that maybe you can help me with since you are a super computer programmer. I posted this from my phone and it is turned the right way. Obviously When I took the pic it wasnt turned this way, so its right on my phone. I literally just opened PFA on my phone and this picture is turned the right way in this thread on my phone. So how come on the desktop its turned? What do I need to do to make sure even though its right on my phone, that its not screwed up on the computer?

Comments

tyde: ROFL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Why hasn't Danny Duffy started any postseason games? I guess what they were doing to go 8-0 was working but this guy was prob their best pitcher this season. Did he start the season in the pen or was he moved to the pen later in the season?
    Ned Yost is the answer. His old-school managerial style. Duffy was recovering from Tommy John, started off in the pen, then rejoined the rotation. I thought the same as you though, China, there's no reason journeymen like Guthrie and Vargas should be starting over Duffy.

Thread Information