Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Live poker seat-moving controversy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    The 40/80 regs at the commerce have to be the most miserable collection of curmudgeons in california. You regularly see arguments over who posted blinds, players walking, etc that stop the action for 15-20 minutes at a time. Also, the middle eastern guys are not shy about wanting to murder dealers during bad sessions.
    I think you had a spy planted at my 40-80 session on Saturday morning.

Comments

bukowski72: Standard mid to high anywhere -- A good floor used to tell me he would tell his wife that his job was that of a pre-school teacher.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I can't stress enough how super-standard this is at Commerce.

This has played out hundreds of times.

Seat opens.

I throw a $1 chip over there. I say, "I'm taking that seat."

Another player at the table who has seniority on me says, "No, I'm taking that seat
    ."

I say, "Okay", and he/she throws the chip back to me.

No resentment, no anger, no snide comments. This isn't because I'm a doormat, but because I realize that it's standard protocol for Commerce games, and I realize I will benefit from the other side when I'm the one with seniority.

I've even had situations before like this, where someone doesn't realize I'm moving, and then stops me from taking the seat when I make the motions to actually take it. Again, it doesn't piss me off. Why should it?

David Baker is not some n00b who doesn't understand the way Commerce works. He plays there very often, and in fact is much more familiar with the place than I am.

As I said before, I understood his initial bad reaction and thinking I was slow rolling his seat change, but once I explained that I didn't see that he threw the chip over, he should have dropped it. I even think he believed me that I hadn't seen him throw the chip over, but just decided to be a dick about it because he already disliked me.

Still, I was going to ignore his nasty reaction and never mention it publicly, but the passive-aggressive "raise a long row of chips 1 at a time" thing showed that he still wasn't over it, and that was what pissed me off enough to come out and say something about the whole matter.
    Thats not what happened though. I know thats super standard because by me with seat change buttons it happens all the time. In fact guys that dont even want the seat just want to let you know they have the 1st option but its ok you can take it.

Im just saying the way it went down with you not seeing him put the chip there and the fact you have history its 100% within his right to think you are just being a dick. If it was reversed im sure you would think that.
    If it were reversed, I would think it at first, but if he seemed to be sincere in his explanation that he missed me throwing the chip over, I would accept it, even given our prior history.

The only way I would be pissed is if he let me move all of my shit over, and THEN told me not to take the seat. If I hadn't moved anything yet, I wouldn't give a shit.

Load Metric
    Fluffer brings the hits

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Thats not what happened though. I know thats super standard because by me with seat change buttons it happens all the time. In fact guys that dont even want the seat just want to let you know they have the 1st option but its ok you can take it.

Im just saying the way it went down with you not seeing him put the chip there and the fact you have history its 100% within his right to think you are just being a dick. If it was reversed im sure you would think that.
    If it were reversed, I would think it at first, but if he seemed to be sincere in his explanation that he missed me throwing the chip over, I would accept it, even given our prior history.

The only way I would be pissed is if he let me move all of my shit over, and THEN told me not to take the seat. If I hadn't moved anything yet, I wouldn't give a shit.
    Its impossible for us to judge without really knowing the history. I think with no history hes out of line, but like I said only you 2 know how deep it is. BTW Im not condoning him acting like a child just saying its reasonable to think you were doing it to be a dick.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Duff did you ask your buddy psu Mike if I was right?

Also, how exactly do ou place your bets that bothers him? All I can think of is that you count out the raise behind your cards and push it out in one stack? if that's not it what is it and why is it a big deal?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

Also, how exactly do ou place your bets that bothers him? All I can think of is that you count out the raise behind your cards and push it out in one stack? if that's not it what is it and why is it a big deal?
    Probably because every stupid thing tilts live players.

I think he doesn't like how I toss out 8 chips simultaneously to raise, or sometimes the chips stick together when I am trying to do a 4&4 raise, so I do 5&3.

Like who gives a shit? I've never shorted the pot.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

I think he doesn't like how I toss out 8 chips simultaneously to raise, or sometimes the chips stick together when I am trying to do a 4&4 raise, so I do 5&3.

This makes you look like a donk, Just cut out the chips right
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post

This makes you look like a donk, Just cut out the chips right
    Yes looking like a donk at a poker game is a bad thing. Dont forget to wear a hoodie and bring your head phones because then everyone knows you're a good player and read 2+2.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    As of yesterday they had a rule if you lock a seat you get 1 hand to move. I wonder if druff's incident was the catalyst for this. Of course many dealers and floor men are so bad nothing much is probably going to change unless Jack or another very good floor man is controlling the mob.

Also, this isn't always the case, but if you get in a good loose game with a few donators and none of the more grumpy regs the 40-80 can be very fun and a good atmosphere. But this is the exception and not the rule.

Load Metric
    Hearing that it was the same David Baker who'd destroyed Druff in that live WSOP commentary last year (I heard it, the ridicule was brutal). Then hearing this was the first time they'd been together since that incident....To me, it seems inconceivable that Druff wasn't at least irritated by the presence of Baker - so when he tosses that $1 chip over, the opportunity of a free shot at tilting Baker is surely too good to turn down.

Druff knew he could pull rank on Baker even after he tossed that chip over and must've been *giggling* inside waiting for Baker to make his move. It was a well executed slowroll.

And I think most people here would do the exact same in Druff's spot.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Hearing that it was the same David Baker who'd destroyed Druff in that live WSOP commentary last year (I heard it, the ridicule was brutal). Then hearing this was the first time they'd been together since that incident....To me, it seems inconceivable that Druff wasn't at least irritated by the presence of Baker - so when he tosses that $1 chip over, the opportunity of a free shot at tilting Baker is surely too good to turn down.

Druff knew he could pull rank on Baker even after he tossed that chip over and must've been *giggling* inside waiting for Baker to make his move. It was a well executed slowroll.

And I think most people here would do the exact same in Druff's spot.
    But that's not what happened.

I honestly didn't see that David was moving until those 5 minutes had passed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    As of yesterday they had a rule if you lock a seat you get 1 hand to move. I wonder if druff's incident was the catalyst for this. Of course many dealers and floor men are so bad nothing much is probably going to change unless Jack or another very good floor man is controlling the mob.

Also, this isn't always the case, but if you get in a good loose game with a few donators and none of the more grumpy regs the 40-80 can be very fun and a good atmosphere. But this is the exception and not the rule.
    Interesting.

I'm not sure what to say here.

On one hand, I thought maybe this had nothing to do with me, because the floor was never called over regarding this, and there wasn't a loud enough scene to attract any floor presence. I mean, you could hear David's bitching about it if you were at the table or the 3-4 tables nearby, but he wasn't screaming like a crazy man or anything.

On the other hand, between our tweets about the matter and the article on f5poker.com about it, perhaps Commerce decided that they didn't want another high-profile seat moving fight, so they instituted this rule.

The timing is obviously very indicative that this had something to do with me, but perhaps it's just a coincidence. Also, as you mentioned, this new rule (while annoying) will indeed prevent a recurrence of a situation like this.

Perhaps they won't enforce it in the 100-200 section though.

Load Metric
    Is there a link to this DB bashing Druff during the tourney?

Thread Information