Thread: Is this site a scam?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Is this site a scam?

I'm not exactly an expert on this shit but know someone who purchased this shit for $20 because their laptop really slow. Is this some of that garbage that fills you up with adware or malware or steals your info. They say the laptop is working better but sometimes these things don't end so well

http://www.tuneuppro.com/

Comments

ShadyJ: U had me at is this site a scam rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    I'm not exactly an expert on this shit but know someone who purchased this shit for $20 because their laptop really slow. Is this some of that garbage that fills you up with adware or malware or steals your info. They say the laptop is working better but sometimes these things don't end so well

tuneuppro is confirmed adware.

i avoid this stuff like the plague. if your friend benefitted from it, they probably had thrown the doors wide open for a lot of malware/badware/adware/shareware that they had no idea how to disable/remove.

there is no magic to these apps. if youre lucky, they do a (very) basic audit of your registry and such looking for adware and so on and make some basic performance changes. but they can (and have in the past) uploaded malicious toolkits or monitored your 'browsing habits' or even performed targetted advertising via iframe injection etc.

basically they are all a rung or two away from straight up malware on the ladder to hell, more often than not, and tuneuppro in particular is often referred to as a virus, albeit one that stops short of data exfiltration or providing unauthorized access.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Don't ever and I repeat EVER pay for some bullshit software that allegedly will speed your computer up especially if you were sent to it from an advertisement.

The exceptions to the rule are using something from a well established company and even then you better do your homework before purchasing the product.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Don't ever and I repeat EVER pay for some bullshit software that allegedly will speed your computer up especially if you were sent to it from an advertisement.

The exceptions to the rule are using something from a well established company and even then you better do your homework before purchasing the product.
    b&p, serious question- why do you feel the need to comment on everything? You literally act like you know something about every topic. But you are the king of not saying shit. Like you literally just said don't EVER buy the shit unless it's from a reputable company. No shit? Thanks for that insightful info

Comments

Belly Buster: terrible
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

b&p, serious question- why do you feel the need to comment on everything? You literally act like you know something about every topic. But you are the king of not saying shit. Like you literally just said don't EVER buy the shit unless it's from a reputable company. No shit? Thanks for that insightful info
    Why you feel the need to troll? A question was asked and I gave an honest opinion which OP is asking for that by creating a topic like this. I don't post in every topic and lol at anyone who thinks that cause their are a lot of threads on here I could give two shits about and don't even bother opening up.

While something might seem like "no shit" to you it may not to others so you are insulting the person asking the question by saying that. Some threads can be serious business and don't need to contain trolling or insults.

Comments

varys: shutting him down rep

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

Ha - your troll derail response to B&P's reasonable opinion on the topic that asked.

We are all armchair experts here - you should know that by know. But if we need genuine expertise on, say, toilet related issues, the floor is all yours.

(EDIT: B&P responded with the same thing at the same time)
    Last edited by Belly Buster; 09-14-2014 at 01:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

Most PCs slow down over time due to windows rot.

There's a few easy steps you can take to improve (but never totally fix) this.

Check your startup programs (msconfig in windows 7 / task manager / advanced in windows 8). Go through the list and disable anything you don't recognise or don't want. This is where a lot of spyware will startup as well. You can safely disable everything here and windows will work happily. You can always re-enable later if there's stuff you find useful.

Talking of spyware and stuff you should install, run Spybot S&D - this does a great job of deleting most malware. As B&P says, don't pay for anything that claims to fix/improve your PC. This just puts you down as an easy mark to sell more shitware to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric

He gives advice on alot of shit and most of the time hes money. I send the guy a pm with questions about shit and he always helps me out. Like seriously why talk shit to one of the few good guys on this site you fuckin loser.

Load Metric
    I am no expert, but Trend Micro is the anti virus program I use. It seems to work great. Then clean and defragment your hard drive every once in a while. Never had problems.

BTW. Beer & Poker keep on posting. Don't always agree with you, but you are one of the more intellegent life forms on this site.

Comments

varys: bnp fan. he talks alot but is a good dude rep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

Most PCs slow down over time due to windows rot.

There's a few easy steps you can take to improve (but never totally fix) this.

Check your startup programs (msconfig in windows 7 / task manager / advanced in windows 8). Go through the list and disable anything you don't recognise or don't want. This is where a lot of spyware will startup as well. You can safely disable everything here and windows will work happily. You can always re-enable later if there's stuff you find useful.

Talking of spyware and stuff you should install, run Spybot S&D - this does a great job of deleting most malware. As B&P says, don't pay for anything that claims to fix/improve your PC. This just puts you down as an easy mark to sell more shitware to.
    I agree that Spybot S&D is terrific and the price is right, free.

Load Metric

Why you feel the need to troll? A question was asked and I gave an honest opinion which OP is asking for that by creating a topic like this. I don't post in every topic and lol at anyone who thinks that cause their are a lot of threads on here I could give two shits about and don't even bother opening up.

While something might seem like "no shit" to you it may not to others so you are insulting the person asking the question by saying that. Some threads can be serious business and don't need to contain trolling or insults.
    My bad, slipping into my old habits. You definitely dont post in every single thread; I never meant to imply that.

I mean you are the most prolific poster on the site after Druff though........
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Not sure if this is related to this thread but I like cc cleaner.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: CCleaner rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

tuneuppro is confirmed adware.

i avoid this stuff like the plague. if your friend benefitted from it, they probably had thrown the doors wide open for a lot of malware/badware/adware/shareware that they had no idea how to disable/remove.

there is no magic to these apps. if youre lucky, they do a (very) basic audit of your registry and such looking for adware and so on and make some basic performance changes. but they can (and have in the past) uploaded malicious toolkits or monitored your 'browsing habits' or even performed targetted advertising via iframe injection etc.

basically they are all a rung or two away from straight up malware on the ladder to hell, more often than not, and tuneuppro in particular is often referred to as a virus, albeit one that stops short of data exfiltration or providing unauthorized access.

But the correct thread title should have been "Is it a scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam?"

Load Metric
    can't help myself, must post this.

MP3 file: http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/h6s57wib1v/scam.mp3

Comments

Hockey Guy: That shit never gets old.

Thread Information