View Poll Results: Will you hollar at an iPhone 6?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 50.00%
  • No

11 50.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Official Iphone 6 Thread (dj chaps has aids)

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i got a regular sized one and the only thing i regret is that im suddenly beholden to the apple store for apps.

somehow thats just pissing me off.
    Same would apply if you bought an android phone

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/22/68...-iphone-6-plus

6+ is too big due to the enormous bezels, unlike the lg g3 which is 5.2 inch in a near bezeless body

4.7 IMO feels comfortable in hand but lacks the substantial feel and quality the 4s had. Apple are hampered by the fingerprint sensor, hence the huge bezels. I don't think jonny ive is willing to narrow the top bezel as it might ruin the proportions and balance in his eyes

I would have preferred a screen size something in between these 2 phones, but in a much smaller body
    :bateman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i got a regular sized one and the only thing i regret is that im suddenly beholden to the apple store for apps.

somehow thats just pissing me off.
    Same would apply if you bought an android phone

Android has about a billion more apps in it, Apple only recently allowed bitcoin wallets for example. There is really no comparison. The Apple store is like Bed Bath and Beyond, the Android app store is like a whore house in Calcutta.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    http://philliplechter.wordpress.com/...-front-pocket/

"my new APPLE iPhone 6 had bent in my front pocket and caught on fire"

Oh dear...

Definitely not getting iPhone 6 or 6+, just too flimsy. Already know of 2 people that have bent, albeit slightly bent iPhones, both were iPhone 6, which is a worry. They never sat on it, just had it in their front pocket

Load Metric
    http://philliplechter.wordpress.com/...-front-pocket/

"my new APPLE iPhone 6 had bent in my front pocket and caught on fire"

Oh dear...

Definitely not getting iPhone 6 or 6+, just too flimsy. Already know of 2 people that have bent, albeit slightly bent iPhones, both were iPhone 6, which is a worry. They never sat on it, just had it in their front pocket
    Apple earning were released tonight.

Apple Blows Past Estimates on Huge iPhone Sales, Upbeat Holiday Forecast

company shipped 39.2 million iPhones, a fourth quarter record and up 16% year over year.

Gonna watch AAPL tomorrow. It is up modestly after hours. This is the first time in my memory that AAPL has not tanked following a new iPhone release. Everyone is usually underwhelmed.

It feels like a synergy through whole product lineup. ApplePay, iPhone6, juiced iPad Air, cloud & crazy 27" monitor.

I feel like the ApplePay is under radar. I think it is just the sort of hipster app that Millenials (particularly younger end) are going to want to use and show off.

I go to a couple high rise office buildings in Boston. Every building has some sort of access control. Where it is simple bar code reader & photo image presented on monitor - the younger workers have all downloaded the bar code to their phone & present that to the card reader.

I see the same phenomena at health clubs. No kids carry 100's of little tags with them.

The ApplePay feels trendy & will drive iPhone sales in a second wave.

The new generation of credit cards with microchips may crush ApplePays NFC dreams. For now I am watching.

Surprised to see you flip flopping here Fluff. Fashion has little to do with utility or price.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-20-2014 at 02:02 PM.

*giggling*
    Load Metric

The Official Iphone 6 Thread (dj chaps has aids)

How am I flip flopping?

I just don't want to worry about my phone getting bent out of shape, no matter how minimal. I also refuse to change my phone carrying habits, yes, I wear skinny jeans, yes I stuff it in my front pocket, even back pocket sometimes and yes I sometimes even sit on it

I giggle at people " mothering" their iPhone 6/6+, it's causing panic attacks, especially with those that are pre disposed to OCD

I don't real care if apple blows past estimates, they should worry about quality control, especially with the amount of bent phones turning up on apple forums. If they don't rectify the design fault, which they will silently do, I'm afraid they will lose a lot of customers next year. I personally know a lot of people who have put off upgrading to the new iPhones due the bendgate, some will switch to android, the others will just wait to see what happens

Btw I am a fan of apple, but I'm definitely not a fanboy

Load Metric
    My bad, I thought you were committed to getting one.

I missed your previous post.

I'm passing on upgrading to the 6 or 6+ after playing with the phones for a couple of days. Just not happy with the quality and feel of the phones, especially since I value the tactile experience of a quality device

I am waiting - like I have a choice anyway.

Do you think my theory about ApplePay being the trendy way to pay has any value? Think it'll drive iPhone sales?

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I'm passing on upgrading to the 6 or 6+ after playing with the phones for a couple of days. Just not happy with the quality and feel of the phones, especially since I value the tactile experience of a quality device

Do you think my theory about ApplePay being the trendy way to pay has any value? Think it'll drive iPhone sales?
    http://bgr.com/2014/10/21/apple-pay-loyalty-program/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

http://bgr.com/2014/10/21/apple-pay-loyalty-program/
    Oscar de la Renta didn't have a loyalty program.

This will be a fad and fashion.

Bring out the iPhone at the bar to pay.

Load Metric
    Credit card theives loves ApplePay.

Fraud is accounting for about 6% of Apple Pay transactions, compared to about 0.1% of transactions using a plastic card to swipe.

The problem is simple. With stashes of millions of stolen credit cards details harvested in the recent breaches at Target, Home Depot and the others, thieves have realized that an iPhone can, in effect, be transformed into a credit card substitute by loading it with a stolen number. Before, those criminals could only shop at online retailers. Now, with an iPhone, they can walk out of retail stores with merchandise they can sell.

There is supposed to be a dialogue between the bank and the user prior to ApplePay accepting a new card to the service. Lazy banks ask for last 4 of social security.

Fluffer is that you?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-06-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Load Metric
    so much changes yet stays the same.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information