View Poll Results: Which new phone would you get?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • S5

6 75.00%
  • M8

2 25.00%
  • LG G3

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New phone time! What would you do....S5 vs LG G3 vs M8

Load Metric

New phone time! What would you do....S5 vs LG G3 vs M8

Would you go for the S5, LG G3, M8.

My initial thoughts are S5, but looking to hear some feed back. Battery life is very important to me and having the ability to change them out is kinda important to me too, so M8 loses some points there. (although pocket chargers could work)

Also, best tablet to watch shows/movies(streamed off of sites like tubeplus) and just browsing the web?

Load Metric
    The S5 does have the ultra power save mode which will give you insane battery life but it will limit you to which apps you can use and what will work. it also changes your screen to a monochrome picture.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    Would you go for the S5, LG G3, M8.

My initial thoughts are S5, but looking to hear some feed back. Battery life is very important to me and having the ability to change them out is kinda important to me too, so M8 loses some points there. (although pocket chargers could work)

Also, best tablet to watch shows/movies(streamed off of sites like tubeplus) and just browsing the web?
    The S5, with all of the features turned on, has a better battery life than any Android phone I've owned before. The G3 looks pretty great. But I don't think many apps will be able to take advantage of that high resolution screen.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I just got an M8 about 4 weeks ago, coming from an S3. The sales guy def pushed me to the HTC, as I initially was coming in for the 5.

Anyways, got that and the dot case for it, which was pretty cool actually, but was immediately disappointed with the user interface coming from the Galaxy line. Also, the camera, while good, is no where near as good as the S5 ( I hear the G3 has the best camera of the 3 if that's important).

Also, the M8 just felt fragile to me, like if I dropped it, that thing was taking some damage. I like the metal case, but the S5 really had me sold with it's waterproof feature, dust proof, and overall durability.

I traded my M8 back within 2 days and got the S5, and was immediately happy the moment it booted up in my hands. I just feel that it is a really great phone.

Just my thoughts from a non tech guy.

Gold
    Load Metric
    wait for the note 4 imo

Load Metric
    Think the iphone 6 is due out next month.

Although I'm a strict Galaxy man myself, it might be worth waiting to see what that has to offer.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    I have my eye on the LG Flex.

Name:  technology-smartphone-design-thrown-curve.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  32.3 KB

Comments

RichardBrodiesCombover.: those curves

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Wait for the release of the iPhones , not only are they going to get bigger screens, 4.7 and 5.5, but they are opening up the iOS allowing apps to communicate with each other.

The samsung note 4 is coming out to if you are you are interested in phablets

Out of the phones you mentioned, the m8 or g3 are considered the best android phones, g3 has a better overall camera , but the m8 has the dual focus lenses which allows your to change the depth of field after you take the pic, pics looks like they were taken with a dslr. Only disadvantage is that due to low resolution cropping and and enlarging are not a good idea

The g3 has the best screen, unfortunately the chip isn't up to it, hence the slight lagging

Samsung s5 has it's advantages, but IMO its a highly overrated phone that is cheaply made and full of bloatware

Also, if you watch a lot if video on your phone, the m8 wins out as it has great front facing speakers

Load Metric
    Thanks everyone. I'm def not going to get an iphone (honestly they just aren't for me). I still really torn, although fluffer makes some great points. Looks like the poll is pretty telling too... Going today and I think it's going to be a toss up between the S5 and G3

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'm def not going to get an iphone (honestly they just aren't for me). I still really torn, although fluffer makes some great points. Looks like the poll is pretty telling too... Going today and I think it's going to be a toss up between the S5 and G3
    M8 is by far the best phone to watch videos, the front facing speakers are fantastic

Forgot to mention the Sony Xperia z2, great phone, camera is good too, only downside is that like the gunmetal m8 , it's a bit slippery

Load Metric
    I bought a Samsung Note 3 a few months ago, better then an S5 I reckon and about 2/3'rds of the price.
    Great phone, 32gig with a 64gig SD card, great for browsing and big enough to watch stuff on.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    I bought a Samsung Note 3 a few months ago, better then an S5 I reckon and about 2/3'rds of the price.
    Great phone, 32gig with a 64gig SD card, great for browsing and big enough to watch stuff on.
    Played with it for a week, loved the stylus, loved the battery life, hated samsungs skinned version of android, full if bloatware

Also played with the nokia 1530, a 6 inch phablets with a great camera and IMO one of the best screens out there

The windows operating system is smoother than iOS,l. Downsides are the lack of niche apps and google services. That wouldn't matter if your are you entrenched in the windows ecosystem

It all comes down to your needs

Silver
    Load Metric
    Can you explain how bloatware affects the non-nerd user? Cause honestly, I think 95% of the people buying these phones could not care less.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    Can you explain how bloatware affects the non-nerd user? Cause honestly, I think 95% of the people buying these phones could not care less.
    I've seen apps to remove bloatware off of androids, so if it was that big of an issue, it could be remedied. I just don't know if i'd ever need front facing speakers like... ever.

Comments

Avon Barksdale: pretty much lol

Load Metric
    htc one por vida you dicksucks lol galaxys as a phone and a motherfucking crew

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Went to the sprint store today, and honestly once I got my hands on the S5 I was sold. I was strongly considering the LG3, but i just didn't like the feel of the phone. The M8 is great, and when they decide to make it so you can use a micro SD card to expand memory and add the option to change your battery out, i'll prob use that in 2yrs. As it stands now I love the S5 and highly recommend it for the average user.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    The s5 16g has only 8 g is as the rest is samsungs bloatware. For example, the s5 comes with google now, but Samsung will include their version. Basically they are copying google apps, so you are getting 2 of everything. Why is this bad, we'll it causes the phone to lag and slow down

Compare the s5 to the s5 google version, it comes with 12g of usable memory and the os is fast as it isn't skinned

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    I've seen apps to remove bloatware off of androids, so if it was that big of an issue, it could be remedied. I just don't know if i'd ever need front facing speakers like... ever.
    It depends if your watch a lot of videos without headphones. I didn't think I would either until I used one for a couple of days. Helps that I have a friend who owns a phone store and let's me play with the latest phones

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

It depends if your watch a lot of videos without headphones. I didn't think I would either until I used one for a couple of days. Helps that I have a friend who owns a phone store and let's me play with the latest phones
    He should let you play with a headphone splitter jack.

Thread Information