Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need more Poker talk thread

Load Metric

We need more Poker talk thread

Post hands youve played or just hands youve heard about or just anything poker related.

This hand annoyed me its typical bad play thinking. Im not going to go into $ amounts because its not that important.

I just read about this hand with Negreanu in the One drop event. Im assuming everyone playing is at least a solid thinking player.

Hand goes like this Doc sands raises pre David Polk (99) (Dont know him) calls from lp and DN (QQ) 3 bets like 3.5x from sb Doc folds DP calls.

Flop 2s 6h 2c

DN leads out a little less then 1/3 pot. DP Calls.

Turn As

DN Checks DP bets 10% pot DN calls

River 6d goes check check

Pretty standard except the guy who wrote about it said if DP bets bigger on turn or tried again on river DN might have folded. Thats typical Donk thinking.

Think about it what hands that include an ace would have flatted pre then flatted the 3bet pre then called flop bet?

He might flat pre with suited aces but would have folded when DN popped except for maybe aq (2 blockers) or ak, but then we have to assume he wouldnt have 3bet pre with ak in lp against an aggro player who actually opened with j9o.

Even if we assume all that would he have floated the flop with 2 overs maybe and a bdfd at best? Highly doubtfull. His hand was really face up as a pocket pair and DN knows that.

The Ace isnt really a scare card to DN but a chance to extract more from a pp. By checking he lets villian try to rep a hand he cant have because at this point he knows he has to bet to win. Either DN has the Ace or a higher pp.

Conclusion this was written how an overcard is a scare card but in reality it wasnt except to bad players who dont know how to think about hands.

Comments

Henry: stop, dude

big dick: Doug Polk you dumb hick

Load Metric
    i like to play 23o, it allows me to activate my bishops usually around 4th street.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Was watching the One Drop on ESPN.

Rick "Scum" Salomon.

Who's the guy with the million dollar nickname and the hat? How does he buy into tourney?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  101.2 KB

He binked & boinked Paris Hilton, Shannon Dougherty, Pamela Anderson all in their prime. Back with Pamela Anderson now, I guess.

Banked sex tape cash.

Women just love this guy & he was never more than a poker player. I got a new hero.

Comments

Henry: This thread is now a Rick Salomon thread

Prodigal son: Bilzerian has to pay for it. Hollywood babes pay Salomon --> god

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not real interesting but poker related.

After I saw a post about "Poker Night in America" being filmed I headed to Maryland live to see if I could catch any of the action.

I missed the taping by about an hour but they moved the main game from the stage to the poker room.

The lineup was Phil Hellmuth, Greg Merson, Brian Hastings, local named Joe (fish), another local and didn't know the rest of the table. They were playing 25/50 NL with 5K min and 20K max. I think they bumped it up to 50/100 when it was 3 handed. Apparently Phil was down a bunch and Greg and Brian looked like the big winners. I actually was playing HORSE b/c the table was only one away from the big game. Didn't see or hear Phil blow up at all. I believe the game started about 4pm and I they finally broke after playing 3 handed at about 3am

It was interesting seeing some pretty big names slumming next to 5/10 NL and 6/12 limit.

Comments

Sanlmar: Nice

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Post hands youve played or just hands youve heard about or just anything poker related.

This hand annoyed me its typical bad play thinking. Im not going to go into $ amounts because its not that important.

I just read about this hand with Negreanu in the One drop event. Im assuming everyone playing is at least a solid thinking player.

Hand goes like this Doc sands raises pre David Polk (99) (Dont know him) calls from lp and DN (QQ) 3 bets like 3.5x from sb Doc folds DP calls.

Flop 2s 6h 2c

Turn As

Pretty standard except the guy who wrote about it said if DP bets bigger on turn or tried again on river DN might have folded. Thats typical Donk thinking.

Think about it what hands that include an ace would have flatted pre then flatted the 3bet pre then called flop bet?

He might flat pre with suited aces but would have folded when DN popped except for maybe aq (2 blockers) or ak, but then we have to assume he wouldnt have 3bet pre with ak in lp against an aggro player who actually opened with j9o.

Even if we assume all that would he have floated the flop with 2 overs maybe and a bdfd at best? Highly doubtfull. His hand was really face up as a pocket pair and DN knows that.

The Ace isnt really a scare card to DN but a chance to extract more from a pp. By checking he lets villian try to rep a hand he cant have because at this point he knows he has to bet to win. Either DN has the Ace or a higher pp.

Conclusion this was written how an overcard is a scare card but in reality it wasnt except to bad players who dont know how to think about hands.
    Daniel played the hand right, but I don't agree the hand was face up to him.

I have seen many players flat with AQ and AJ, and then call a raise behind. I don't like that at all, because you are dominated, but that's what many of them do.

So David Polk either had a PP (in which Daniel was way ahead unless Polk had the unlikely 66 or 22) or an ace. So it was a traditional case of way ahead or way behind, in which the best play is to let your opponent bet for you. (This was the mistake I made myself at the Main, firing the turn on that hand where I hit the Q when I had AQ and flop was 233).

However, if Polk shows some brass balls and bets substantially on both streets, DN would have to think about it, and wonder if the guy was indeed way behind, or just made an idiot flat on the flop with Ace-overcard (or had the fluke 66/22).

If this was a decent player, then I agree DN could probably eliminate all suited aces except maybe AQ/AJ, but I don't know htis Polk guy, and maybe you couldn't eliminate things like A9s, ATs, etc.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Flop 2s 6h 2c

Turn As

I have seen many players flat with AQ and AJ, and then call a raise behind. I don't like that at all, because you are dominated, but that's what many of them do.

So David Polk either had a PP (in which Daniel was way ahead unless Polk had the unlikely 66 or 22) or an ace. So it was a traditional case of way ahead or way behind, in which the best play is to let your opponent bet for you. (This was the mistake I made myself at the Main, firing the turn on that hand where I hit the Q when I had AQ and flop was 233).

However, if Polk shows some brass balls and bets substantially on both streets, DN would have to think about it, and wonder if the guy was indeed way behind, or just made an idiot flat on the flop with Ace-overcard (or had the fluke 66/22).

If this was a decent player, then I agree DN could probably eliminate all suited aces except maybe AQ/AJ, but I don't know htis Polk guy, and maybe you couldn't eliminate things like A9s, ATs, etc.
    DN had 2 Q blockers and I highly doubt AJ flats the flop bet. If the flop was 2 flush then everything changes his range would include aces. I agree with the rest you said once the Ace hits DN cant bet for value anymore but he can let his opp bluff. Eff stacks come into play with him flatting the 3bet with 22-66 and less so with 99 but still to some extent.

I dont think DN is ever folding there. Theres even a bricked bd fl draw that he beats. The only way he folds on river is if its his read of that particular opp.

Comments

Henry: Thanks for your analysis, it really gives insight into what these players are thinking in this $1,000,000 buyin event.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post
    Not real interesting but poker related.

After I saw a post about "Poker Night in America" being filmed I headed to Maryland live to see if I could catch any of the action.

I missed the taping by about an hour but they moved the main game from the stage to the poker room.

The lineup was Phil Hellmuth, Greg Merson, Brian Hastings, local named Joe (fish), another local and didn't know the rest of the table. They were playing 25/50 NL with 5K min and 20K max. I think they bumped it up to 50/100 when it was 3 handed. Apparently Phil was down a bunch and Greg and Brian looked like the big winners. I actually was playing HORSE b/c the table was only one away from the big game. Didn't see or hear Phil blow up at all. I believe the game started about 4pm and I they finally broke after playing 3 handed at about 3am

It was interesting seeing some pretty big names slumming next to 5/10 NL and 6/12 limit.
    The only cash Poker I can watch on tv is super high stakes. When the money doesnt mean anything to them its not fun to watch.

Comments

Henry: That last rep was absolutely intended to be a neg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i like to play 23o, it allows me to activate my bishops usually around 4th street.
    I thought you and Tyde were opposites.

Comments

Henry: Even. And by even I mean -1.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm playing step 7 on ZEN. Ballin!

Comments

RichardBrodiesCombover.: yuk yuk

Load Metric

Flop 2s 6h 2c

Turn As

It was Doug Polk, who might be the best poker player in the world right now and almost for sure is the best post-flop player in the world.

Polk did about the only thing he could do and try and make it seem like he was slow rolling AA. I am guessing he might have three bet the turn if Daniel raised.

When he didn't, he conceded.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

It was Doug Polk, who might be the best poker player in the world right now and almost for sure is the best post-flop player in the world.

Polk did about the only thing he could do and try and make it seem like he was slow rolling AA. I am guessing he might have three bet the turn if Daniel raised.

When he didn't, he conceded.
    What? He absolutely never has aa there.

Comments

Henry: Using absolute terms when discussing elite players and their hand ranges

Banned
    Load Metric
    David Polk (99) (Dont know him)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well that explains why I don't know of David Polk.

Load Metric
    I would argue we have TOO MUCH poker discussion as it is, not TOO LITTLE.

Comments

ShadyJ: More faggot rep

Load Metric

Flop 2s 6h 2c

Turn As

DN had 2 Q blockers and I highly doubt AJ flats the flop bet. If the flop was 2 flush then everything changes his range would include aces. I agree with the rest you said once the Ace hits DN cant bet for value anymore but he can let his opp bluff. Eff stacks come into play with him flatting the 3bet with 22-66 and less so with 99 but still to some extent.

I dont think DN is ever folding there. Theres even a bricked bd fl draw that he beats. The only way he folds on river is if its his read of that particular opp.

The only cash Poker I can watch on tv is super high stakes. When the money doesnt mean anything to them its not fun to watch.

I thought you and Tyde were opposites.

What? He absolutely never has aa there.

Comments

ShadyJ: Faggot rep

nunbeater: lol, nailed heem

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Henry's a Shady negger.

Comments

simpdog: negger rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    David Polk (99) (Dont know him)
    No one knows who David Polk is, but I know who WCGRider is. I dont follow any live poker or tv poker. Its hard enough to play live poker.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Henry's a Shady negger.
    No clue who he is even, and he flipped out itt without posting 1 thing. Just another Shady dickrider.

Load Metric
    Daniel would likely check the turn/river with an A-rag suited type of hand is why it's a bad spot for Polk to bluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Thread Information