Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attn: Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Hey Druff can you change Damone to Bottomset since everyone knows it's him?

If not my only recourse will be a Mark Ratner dupe who will troll the shit out of him for not paying for Linda's abortion.

Comments

tyde: I LOL'd

ToasterOven: stacy's abortion!
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

So the night I got pulled over I knew I was fucked

I listened to the radio archives, so I heard your story. I don't wish a cop beatdown on anybody, and I don't disbelieve your account at all. However, knowing the propensity of these cops to get physical, there is zero chance in hell I give them any reason whatsoever to go hands on. You said that when you got done with their third field sobriety test, you threw your hands up (paraphrasing) like "I aced all your tests jackass". This is where you could have avoided problems.

However, since the one-way wrasslin' match began here, they didn't continue with the logical next step, the breath test. Given you were .08 an hour or more later, and the rate of decay for someone your size is probably in the .012-.018/hr range, you would have probably failed the test and been hauled off for a DUI.

So in a sick way, you should be thanking these cops for the smackdown, and pop the cork on some Jumberto Bean bourbquila when you win your case, and get away with what could/should have been a DUI.

you nailed it Wrench

if they hadn't have gotten physical with me, I probably never would have contested the charges and been out 3 grand and just taken my medicine/diversion program

it was their conduct and excessive force that pissed me off bigtime

they are perfectly justified pulling someone over for suspicion of drunk driving

the irony is that I was inside the 7/11 for 15 minutes talking to the cashier whom I knew previously from repairing my desktop and didn't even leave the store until I saw them pull up

their 'probable cause' was that I failed to signal leaving the parking lot, which is impossible considering they had no line of sight on my turn signal from their vantage point

it wasn't as if I was swerving all over the road

they pulled me over immediately after I left the parking lot only because they ran my plates from their cruiser and discovered my insurance had lapsed 2 days prior

anyway, I don't regret contesting these charges one bit, and still don't have closure on this almost a year later

well worth the money spent on attorney fees as opposed to rolling over and taking it up the ass from these clowns

this story is far from being finished

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Jewdonk, OMG:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

If not my only recourse will be a Mark Ratner dupe who will troll the shit out of him for not paying for Linda's abortion.

Name:  Fast-Times-Ridgemont-High-1982.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  96.5 KB
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High, 1982

An unwanted teen pregnancy and subsequent abortion is handled surprisingly maturely in Fast Times at Ridgemont High when Damone gets Stacy pregnant after they have sex once and he bails on paying half and driving her to the clinic. She does get a ride to the clinic and has the abortion, and we find out at the end she's in a new, healthy relationship and that they haven't "gone all the way" yet.

Actually met her once. In other news I just found a Directors Cut of Flesh + Blood.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    tyde, forgive me, gotta ask tho, are you sure youre not confusing 'the forum' with 'your life'?
    U sir speak the truth ...

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

Well if this shit goes down i want my original user name BAck Druff. U know what u did.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

they pulled me over immediately after I left the parking lot only because they ran my plates from their cruiser and discovered my insurance had lapsed 2 days prior
    so let me get this straight - you have been watching the cops for days pull people over by running their plates quickly.

You then let your insurance lapse and drive buzzed to the 7-11 right in front of where the cops have been repeatedly pulling people over, and drive off without a care in the world.

You deserve your apartment on the banks of the river of sewage by the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Rather than just chalking it up to a mistake and letting me go (or at worst writing a ticket), she was trying to bait me into a confrontation.

"You look nervous. Are you scared? Am I scaring you? Why you so scared?"

It was a surreal experience. Obviously I was a little uncomfortable being falsely accused of a DUI and having to do those stupid tests, but I wasn't scared or nervous. She kept repeating that to me.

"You sure you're not scared? I think you have a problem. You have a problem? Are you scared?"

I just kept calmly saying, "No, I'm not nervous and I'm not scared", but she kept on with these weird intimidation tactics. Finally she told me to get back in the car and pointed which way to drive to the freeway.

He didn't believe me, and said, "You must be on drugs. That's why you didn't see me."

I apologized for not seeing him, and told him it was just because the lot's design made it hard to see traffic around the corner.

He replied, "You must think I'm an idiot. I know a druggie when I see one. You're high right now. I know you are. I'm sure you have drugs in your car. If you just admit it now, it will go a lot easier."

I kept repeating that I didn't. He didn't believe me.

He then asked, "Oh really? So you don't mind if I search your car?"

He didn't really have the right, but I didn't mind since I had nothing to hide, and I thought that would put an end to the whole thing.

He then put me in handcuffs (!!), claiming it was for "both of our protection" and sat me down on the curb.

He searched the car, and exited very frustrated.

He took off the handcuffs and said, "Okay, you can go, but if you ever cut me off like that again, I'm really gonna give you a ticket!"

My first thought (as it was the prior year with that female officer) was, "Oh sweet, I didn't get a ticket after all this!"

My second thought (just like the prior year) was, "Crap, why didn't I get this guy's name and file a complaint?"
    Druff...this is the best part of this thread...basically, you stayed in control and did not react to attempts to provoke; as you said, cops want to goad you into a confrontation so they can bust you for any number of reasons, and they have a well practiced set of routines they use in these circumstance...you provided a good example of how to stay in command of the situation...

one thing i would have done different was to object to any search of the car without my attorney present...and i would have told the cop he has already lost my trust by making false accusations so i suspect he would not conduct an honest search...so i would say let me go now or call your supervisor and I'll call my attorney...and anything he said from that point on i would deny and ask "am I free to go now?" i understand your thinking differently (its probably less risk) but really don't trust any cop here...
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Rather than just chalking it up to a mistake and letting me go (or at worst writing a ticket), she was trying to bait me into a confrontation.

"You look nervous. Are you scared? Am I scaring you? Why you so scared?"

It was a surreal experience. Obviously I was a little uncomfortable being falsely accused of a DUI and having to do those stupid tests, but I wasn't scared or nervous. She kept repeating that to me.

"You sure you're not scared? I think you have a problem. You have a problem? Are you scared?"

I just kept calmly saying, "No, I'm not nervous and I'm not scared", but she kept on with these weird intimidation tactics. Finally she told me to get back in the car and pointed which way to drive to the freeway.

He didn't believe me, and said, "You must be on drugs. That's why you didn't see me."

I apologized for not seeing him, and told him it was just because the lot's design made it hard to see traffic around the corner.

He replied, "You must think I'm an idiot. I know a druggie when I see one. You're high right now. I know you are. I'm sure you have drugs in your car. If you just admit it now, it will go a lot easier."

I kept repeating that I didn't. He didn't believe me.

He then asked, "Oh really? So you don't mind if I search your car?"

He didn't really have the right, but I didn't mind since I had nothing to hide, and I thought that would put an end to the whole thing.

He then put me in handcuffs (!!), claiming it was for "both of our protection" and sat me down on the curb.

He searched the car, and exited very frustrated.

He took off the handcuffs and said, "Okay, you can go, but if you ever cut me off like that again, I'm really gonna give you a ticket!"

My first thought (as it was the prior year with that female officer) was, "Oh sweet, I didn't get a ticket after all this!"

My second thought (just like the prior year) was, "Crap, why didn't I get this guy's name and file a complaint?"
    Druff...this is the best part of this thread...basically, you stayed in control and did not react to attempts to provoke; as you said, cops want to goad you into a confrontation so they can bust you for any number of reasons, and they have a well practiced set of routines they use in these circumstance...you provided a good example of how to stay in command of the situation...

one thing i would have done different was to object to any search of the car without my attorney present...and i would have told the cop he has already lost my trust by making false accusations so i suspect he would not conduct an honest search...so i would say let me go now or call your supervisor and I'll call my attorney...and anything he said from that point on i would deny and ask "am I free to go now?" i understand your thinking differently (its probably less risk) but really don't trust any cop here...
    This. Fuck the cops

Comments

tyde: fuck the police green rep

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Banned
    Load Metric

Every time a cop has asked me to search the car, the thought of leaning on the 4th amendment and refusing consent has crossed my mind. Then I remember that I live in the United States of America, and these cops could take their nightsticks and beat me within an inch of my life for any reason they choose and get away with it. It feels fucking awful giving in to them, but that's the smart play. I can only take consolation in the fact that they're completely wasting their time sifting through all my shit and calling in K-9 units. That actually happened to me quite recently.

Druff's "nothing to hide" attitude is stupid cop logic. Try going to all your neighbors houses and asking them if you can inspect their closets and cupboards. If they have nothing to hide, they should be perfectly content to let you snoop around their house, right?

Copping an attitude with police is even more stupid than trying to assert your rights. It literally serves no purpose. It means that you base your decisions on your emotional monkey brain rather than rational thought.

Comments

adamantium: when youre right youre right

Silver
    Load Metric
    Copping an attitude with police is even more stupid than trying to assert your rights. It literally serves no
    purpose. It means that you base your decisions on your emotional monkey brain rather than rational thought

Spot on. This is what a drunk would try and do. You will lose 99% of roadside arguments with the Police. stall, refuse a roadside test, take your time, and hope when you're back at the station you blow under. Easy PLOL. I know this wasn't the thread but if I can help 1 person...........
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

Every time a cop has asked me to search the car, the thought of leaning on the 4th amendment and refusing consent has crossed my mind. Then I remember that I live in the United States of America, and these cops could take their nightsticks and beat me within an inch of my life for any reason they choose and get away with it. It feels fucking awful giving in to them, but that's the smart play. I can only take consolation in the fact that they're completely wasting their time sifting through all my shit and calling in K-9 units. That actually happened to me quite recently.

Druff's "nothing to hide" attitude is stupid cop logic. Try going to all your neighbors houses and asking them if you can inspect their closets and cupboards. If they have nothing to hide, they should be perfectly content to let you snoop around their house, right?

Copping an attitude with police is even more stupid than trying to assert your rights. It literally serves no purpose. It means that you base your decisions on your emotional monkey brain rather than rational thought.
    Cops get way too much leeway in this country

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Thread Information