Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got a new razor

Load Metric

I got a new razor

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond last week for a shopping/hunting for divorced milfs trip. While looking around, I came to the "as seen on tv section" and see the razor. It was only $19.99 so why the fuck not.

I have really thick and coarse hair so the multiple blade razors are bad about getting gunked up if I use them. The single blade thing is fucking awesome. It is the best shave I've ever gotten outside of a barber doing it with a straight razor. Definitely recommend.

Comments

varys: didnt know you were black

Load Metric
    Dollar Shave Club here.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Dollar Shave Club here.
    Dollar Shave club is a ripoff. You are much better buying directly from their distributor.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Dollar Shave Club here.
    Dollar Shave club is a ripoff. You are much better buying directly from their distributor.
    I get from DSC every other month and pay $3.99. Not sure how much more of a Jew I can be here.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: DSC pretty much perfect for me so far.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Dollar Shave Club here.
    Explain how its a rip-off pls? Less expensive than any comparable razor, at least that I've ever seen. Used them for almost the last year, and they're the last product I would ever think of calling a rip-off.

I'd certainly consider the micro-touch, btw.

Comments

LLL: :this

Load Metric
    I thought this would be pictures of Team Razor....unfortunate.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

It's worth taking a $20 shot on. Supposedly it comes with enough blades to last a year and they use regular double sided blades so you're not locked into buying some sort of proprietary bullshit. I just wish that I had a steady enough hand to use a straight razor.

Load Metric

Explain how its a rip-off pls? Less expensive than any comparable razor, at least that I've ever seen. Used them for almost the last year, and they're the last product I would ever think of calling a rip-off.

They had a huge add campaign through viral video and facebook. They were smart that way as many people don't take the time to learn that there have been cheap blades available for ages. DSC just buys from Dorco and then resells as their own at markup price (DSC does not actually manufacture anything, they are pretty much a middle man).

Load Metric
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/doe...-1334930885394

At Dorco's website , you can purchase razors that look remarkably similar to those offered by Dollar Shave -- but with a catch. In order to get the best deal, you need to make a bulk purchase about the size of a Kleenex box. Consider: The highest-end Dollar Shave Club razor is "The Executive," with six stainless-steel blades, lube strips and a pivoting head, runs $90 over 10 months (razor plus 3 catridges per month). Dorco sells a six-blade model with the same features, the SXA1000. Buying directly from Dorco, a 10-month supply -- the razor plus 30 cartridges -- costs just $28.66. (Since there is a $25 minimum for free shipping, you'll need to store all those cartridges in your house for several months.)

In fact, Dorco appears to be the supplier for most of Dollar Shave's blades. Ken Hill, president of Dorco USA, said his firm sells Dollar Shave Club the four- and six-blade razors that are used in its packages, but not the Dollar Shave's two-blade option.

In an interview, Dollar Shave CEO Dubin told me he "could not confirm or deny" that many of his company's razors come from Dorco. Asked why customers should join the Club when they can buy razors directly from a company like Dorco -- for as much as 75% less -- Dubin said his service offers greater "convenience." "Are there similar razors out there? Sure. But our goal is to create value." I pointed out that I can get the Dorco razors delivered conveniently to my front door, too. "Not once a month," he said.

Load Metric

They had a huge add campaign through viral video and facebook. They were smart that way as many people don't take the time to learn that there have been cheap blades available for ages. DSC just buys from Dorco and then resells as their own at markup price (DSC does not actually manufacture anything, they are pretty much a middle man).
    I just looked at their site. The cartridge refills that I get are $4.50 here.
    http://www.dorcousa.com/tna3050-2-bl...en-cartridges/

So I'm actually paying less using DSC as my middleman.

EDIT: posted before your second post, yeah, I'm not buying in bulk to save some change but thanks.

Load Metric

OK, but if I'm getting the 4-blade job every 2 months for $6 shipping included, and Dorco sells the exact same thing for $5.50 + shipping, how exactly am I getting ripped off?

http://www.dorcousa.com/fra1040-4-bl...en-cartridges/

Of course I can save money by buying in bulk, but everything works that way. When you consider my first order was free, I think you are way over-reaching to say DSC is a rip-off.

posted before BCB's last post. Still doesn't justify calling DSC a rip-off. Way overly harsh description.

For 1 years worth, $36 at DSC, I'd need to buy these blades and this handle.
    http://www.dorcousa.com/fra1040-6-pa...en-cartridges/
    http://www.dorcousa.com/fra1000-4-blade-system-for-men/

Would save me 3 dollars and change for a year to buy one time from dorco, rather than just have them show up at my house every 2 months, and I can change to any other blade any time I want, or stop entirely. Hardly something to call a rip-off.

Comments

LLL: Yup.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-13-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond last week for a shopping/hunting for divorced milfs trip. While looking around, I came to the "as seen on tv section" and see the razor. It was only $19.99 so why the fuck not.

I have really thick and coarse hair so the multiple blade razors are bad about getting gunked up if I use them. The single blade thing is fucking awesome. It is the best shave I've ever gotten outside of a barber doing it with a straight razor. Definitely recommend.
    That first sentence scares me. ''I went to Bed Bath and Beyond"? Divorced milf's trip? What does that mean, you're going on a trip with divorced milfs or you went there for your divorcee?

As far as the razor goes, you guys obv. don't pay attention to the commercials. What the fist blade doesn't pick up the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, will. Please god allow a fifth blade option a.s.a.p.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

That first sentence scares me. ''I went to Bed Bath and Beyond"? Divorced milf's trip? What does that mean, you're going on a trip with divorced milfs or you went there for your divorcee?
    There are certain places that are good to go if you are trying to pick up newly divorced soccer moms with fake tits. Homegoods and Bed Bath & Beyond are two of the best. They are looking to fuck but don't want anything serious because they are coming out of a marriage. Generally speaking you are not going to meet these chicks at the bar because they have kids and can't go out unless it's the dad's visitation weekend.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I wnt through a phase six months ago where I wanted tk be a Jew about razors after buying Gillette stuff my whole life. I hate Gillette and think their razors are shit, but I like them better than really shitty razors.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    There are certain places that are good to go if you are trying to pick up newly divorced soccer moms with fake tits. Homegoods and Bed Bath & Beyond are two of the best. They are looking to fuck but don't want anything serious because they are coming out of a marriage. Generally speaking you are not going to meet these chicks at the bar because they have kids and can't go out unless it's the dad's visitation weekend.
    They don't have to be divorced imo. I've met married women, which I didn't know at the time, and pleasured them an hour later, met most of them at supermarkets/ grocery stores

Most women 35+ are quite easy as they constantly need validation, as they are definitely not getting it from their hubby's/ partners

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post

They don't have to be divorced imo. I've met married women, which I didn't know at the time, and pleasured them an hour later, met most of them at supermarkets/ grocery stores

Most women 35+ are quite easy as they constantly need validation, as they are definitely not getting it from their hubby's/ partners

Any tips on ow to pick up twinks at these same places?

Load Metric
    Razors are for city boys.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Any tips on ow to pick up twinks at these same places?
    I knew you were straight

*giggling*

Load Metric

ah ha!!! so that's why the supermarket restrooms smell weird!
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

ah ha!!! so that's why the supermarket restrooms smell weird!
    That's why there are handicapped toilets, ok

Thread Information