Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got a new razor

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I just ran out of razors an hr ago. I have been shaving face AND head one time per week. I was using some blade I got @ BJS. Was a double blade from gillette or one of the other big ones. Worked fine and was prob cheaper than the quad from dollar shave club. I am going to have to price these out and see whats better for me in terms of value.

Load Metric
    Just got 24 6 blade cartridges with the trimmer and a razor handle with the 1 blade it comes with for $40 delivered from Dorco direct.

I'll report back.

If this is even 3/4 good as Gillette it will be well worth it. $15 for 4 Fusion razors last week at the store that last me a week at best. Next time I order (if this works out) it will be 24 cartridges for $34 delivered. Thats a good deal.
    Last edited by Daly; 07-13-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Just got 24 6 blade cartridges with the trimmer and a razor handle with the 1 blade it comes with for $40 delivered from Dorco direct.

I'll report back.

If this is even 3/4 good as Gillette it will be well worth it. $15 for 4 Fusion razors last week at the store that last me a week at best. Next time I order (if this works out) it will be 24 cartridges for $34 delivered. Thats a good deal.
    Ya the mach 3s etc are highly priced but if u buy them in bulk they are way way cheaper at like a BJS/COSTCO

Banned
    Load Metric
    china its time to bump the washing machine thread

Comments

chinamaniac: washing machine rep

WillieMcFML: 2nd best thread on the internet

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Speaking of shaving, the lube ya use may or may not be as important. I can't stand the feeling of the dry electric razor so I am traditionalist of sorts but give only a slight 'edge' to shaving cream vs. a good old bar of soap.

Same goes shampoo. When you're about ready to go and you find an empty bottle of overpriced shampoo
    in your hands, bar soap does the same job in my opinion.

Les is more folks

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Les is more

Load Metric
    I switched over same type just a different brand about 4 months ago. i have always had a problem with regular razors tearing up my face and going duel after a few uses. i guess i have a think and tough beard. i tried an electric razor and killed that thing in a month or 2. The shave from the safety razors seems better to me and the blades are cheap as hell. i get a 10 pack $2.50 and they last about 2 weeks. I also switched over from shaving cream in a can to the shave soap and i have notice a huge difference with that as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by realchaser74 View Post
    I switched over same type just a different brand about 4 months ago. i have always had a problem with regular razors tearing up my face and going duel after a few uses. i guess i have a think and tough beard. i tried an electric razor and killed that thing in a month or 2. The shave from the safety razors seems better to me and the blades are cheap as hell. i get a 10 pack $2.50 and they last about 2 weeks. I also switched over from shaving cream in a can to the shave soap and i have notice a huge difference with that as well.
    Nivea shave cream is really good. Not the gel mind you, the cream.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    I have been using Van Der Hagen shave soap with a badger hair brush and it seems to work really well

Load Metric

I have been using Van Der Hagen shave soap with a badger hair brush and it seems to work really well
    That badger hair brush doesn't sound like a good idea. What part do they get the hair from?

Name:  badger.gif
Views: 247
Size:  38.6 KB

The Nivea cream is god for sensitive skin.

Comments

varys: indeed
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    slight 'edge' to shaving cream vs. a good old bar of soap.

Same goes shampoo. When you're about ready to go and you find an empty bottle of overpriced shampoo
    soap will clean your hair and remove grease true...

but shampoo usually has some parafin in it to give each hair some thickness, a nice shine plus make the hair manageable

if the shampoo bottle is empty, just put some water in and give it a shake...you can squeeze out another couple of washes with rinse water
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I sometimes use the classic 2 blade razor, but on average I use an electric. Much more efficient and less irritating. How many of you use an electric? I use this: http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES82...asonic+shavers

Got it on sale from newegg for 50$ last black friday.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    got the quad from dollar shave. Used it twice so far 1.50 per razor, will try and stretch it to 3 times and see if it is still smooth

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Speaking of shaving, the lube ya use may or may not be as important. I can't stand the feeling of the dry electric razor so I am traditionalist of sorts but give only a slight 'edge' to shaving cream vs. a good old bar of soap.

Les is more folks
    why stop at soap? go str8 to dish cleaning liquid soap and you'll save even more money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

Les is more folks
    why stop at soap? go str8 to dish cleaning liquid soap and you'll save even more money.
    Yeah, dish soap on your face is always a solid idea. I'm sure your skin would love that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

Les is more folks
    I've actually done this. It works fine.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I got positive results to report on the dorco direct razors. They last just as long as the Gillette brand and they give a great shave. They got a new customer. 24 carriages for $34 delivered I can live with.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

I'll report back.

Ya the mach 3s etc are highly priced but if u buy them in bulk they are way way cheaper at like a BJS/COSTCO
    Fair point, but you ain't getting to 24 for $34 no matter where you buy them. Fusion razors are expensive even wholesale (as far as a consumer staple can be "expensive")

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Fair point, but you ain't getting to 24 for $34 no matter where you buy them. Fusion razors are expensive even wholesale (as far as a consumer staple can be "expensive")
    ya they averaged like $2 a pop @ bjs. The only blade that looked like decent value there was a schick triple blade and they averaged about 85c each and it could be shit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I got positive results to report on the dorco direct razors. They last just as long as the Gillette brand and they give a great shave. They got a new customer. 24 carriages for $34 delivered I can live with.
    so these have 6 blades per razor etc.. I may switch to these might only need 1 razor a month lol

Thread Information