Thread: Manny Ramirez is he broke?

Load Metric

Manny Ramirez is he broke?

In a surprising move, the Chicago Cubs announced Sunday that they signed the 12-time All-Star to a minor-league contract as a player-coach for the organization's triple-A team.

Why is he doing this? Is Manny broke? Can't be. The Dodgers always take care of washed up Red Sox players.

Ramirez is going to be paid $32 million over the course of 16 years. His first payment in that deferred sum comes July 1 of this year. Basically, he'll be paid about $2 million per year until he's 54. Thanks Magic!

He had a $160 million 8 year deal with the Red Sox.

The greatest right hand hitter of all time still trying to come back. Sorry, BNP & Lew but even Cabrera's old manager, Jim Leyland, agreed.

"Jim Leyland and I had this conversation earlier in the year," said Francona. "I asked him where would you rate Manny vs. Miguel Cabrera. He said, "Boy, Miggy is pretty good.' I don't think Manny has ever had a season like Miggy is having right now, but he was probably the best right-handed hitter I had ever seen."

Manny being Manny....
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 05-26-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Load Metric
    Manny is a jagoff fuck him

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    In a surprising move, the Chicago Cubs announced Sunday that they signed the 12-time All-Star to a minor-league contract as a player-coach for the organization's triple-A team.

Why is he doing this? Is Manny broke? Can't be. The Dodgers always take care of washed up Red Sox players.

Ramirez is going to be paid $32 million over the course of 16 years. His first payment in that deferred sum comes July 1 of this year. Basically, he'll be paid about $2 million per year until he's 54. Thanks Magic!

He had a $160 million 8 year deal with the Red Sox.

The greatest right hand hitter of all time still trying to come back. Sorry, BNP & Lew but even Cabrera's old manager, Jim Leyland, agreed.

"Jim Leyland and I had this conversation earlier in the year," said Francona. "I asked him where would you rate Manny vs. Miguel Cabrera. He said, "Boy, Miggy is pretty good.' I don't think Manny has ever had a season like Miggy is having right now, but he was probably the best right-handed hitter I had ever seen."

Manny being Manny....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Manny is a jagoff fuck him

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Roided Manny was a bargain in 2008, as the Dodgers got him for free, and he single-handedly turned around their season and led them to the NLCS.

Then they laughably gave the 37-year-old Manny a 2-year deal for $45 million. He never did much for them after that, and got suspended 50 games.

Frank McCourt actually made this deal, despite his cheapness. I think he figured he would make the money back from the large Hispanic fan base who would be excited about Manny being on the team.

He has been irrelevant since the 2009 roid bust, and will never be relevant again.

He's another Barry Bonds -- a great hitter who could have been great without the roids, but resorted to them anyway in order to prevent the natural decline that occurs to most MLB players in their 30s.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Roided Manny was a bargain in 2008, as the Dodgers got him for free, and he single-handedly turned around their season and led them to the NLCS.

Then they laughably gave the 37-year-old Manny a 2-year deal for $45 million. He never did much for them after that, and got suspended 50 games.

Frank McCourt actually made this deal, despite his cheapness. I think he figured he would make the money back from the large Hispanic fan base who would be excited about Manny being on the team.
    Colletti and McCourt. Two idiots. 10-4 over and out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

He's another Barry Bonds -- a great hitter who could have been great without the roids, but resorted to them anyway in order to prevent the natural decline that occurs to most MLB players in their 30s.
    One too many shots at Bonds this week for this fan boy.

# 1 like he was the only one?
    Not Clemens?
    I know he was the poster boy, but it ended up being over 50% of the league, w/plenty of Red Sox and Dodgers among them.

# 2 This statement would imply he sucked, then took steroids, and all of a sudden was great.
    That fits Gagne way more than Bonds.

FTR I'm 100 % sure he took Steroids.

Comments

SrslySirius: lol at #2, RTFP

big dick: fuck bonds dude

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Jimmy, you can't read for shit can you?

Thread Information