Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Watching "The Counsler"
    F'ing horrible movie,
    I'm about to turn it off and check the IMDB and see this

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

so I had to stick around. I've never seen her in any modern type clothes, (the one time I did, she had shaved half her head).

It was well worth it, that is one hell of an ass. (and yes, I've finally figured out how to post gif's)

just watch 'the tudors' and you'll get all kinds of her ass without any clothing at all.

Load Metric
    So I'm re-reading the last 3 books and I have to say, with zero expectations regarding the plot (having already read them) they are suddenly much more enjoyable.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/...rones-20140904

I didn't see this posted anywhere on here, so there's this.

Why did we suffer through Bran's roadtrip? I thought his story line would be big in season 5. I'm not disappointed, but maybe a little retroactively pissed about all the time wasted on Bran last season.

Load Metric
    that whole 'brans not in season 5' rumor is already being rolled back, but really by the end of book 5 when he meets the greensear, id say maybe 6 actual minutes of plot for bran takes place, despite thousands of words being devoted to it.

bran will factor heavily in one of the upcoming books, probably book 7, as i expect it will be him who discovers who jon's real parents are.

when you consider the sheer volume of sound and fury signifying nothing thats coming down the pipes regarding the other major characters, its easy to understand the need to put off extraneous plot lines in an effort to keep peoples attention.

Comments

ToasterOven: knowledge rep

FR1GHT: Agree+++++

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Thus far there are a few things that really bother me with the way the show played out vs the book. There are other inconsistencies, but personally these bothered me the most:

1) In the show, Tyrion calls Shae a whore and dismisses her leaving her the OK to betray him. In the books Tyrion questions her love for him endlessly, but that scene never happens. In the books, her whore ass ripped the life right out of him when giving her testament against him. Not only did she do that, but she went as far as she could to embarrass and mock him while doing so by telling everybody the "imp" forced her to call him the "lion of lannister" as he fucked her. I completely disagree with this deviation, because the scene in the show gives viewers a reason to sympathize with Shae when in fact she betrayed him, because she turned out to be a common whore.

2) In the show, we see Tyrion kill Twyin on the toilet after being released. In the books, Tyrion does kill Tywin, but it's not on the toilet, but he does muse that Tywin doesn't shit gold after all. Regardless, a huge plot point is left out in the show. In the books Tyrion finds out from Jamie that Tysha (his ex-wife) was no whore. We are led to believe that she was a paid whore who married Tyrion and then suffered a brutal raping afterwards as a lesson to Tyrion. In fact, according to Jamie, who was trying to make amends for his past doings told Tyrion that she was not a whore. It was just a lesson to Tyrion. When Tyrion heard that news as he escaped his cell he threatened Jamie if he were ever to see him again and then he kill his father Tywin.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    3) THE HOUND. NEED I SAY MORE? Brienne did not kill the hound in the books. The hound died from an infectious wound received from his brawl in the tavern. I love every second of that. Not that I wanted the hound to die, but it was Martin once again showing that every person is vulnerable. Nobody is a super hero in real life the same way Ned lost his head. Sometimes, no matter how bad ass you are, you just lose, because of circumstance. The show felt the need to make it differently and put together an unrealistic match between the Hound and Brienne that she won. It's a discredit to both their characters in my opinion, because given the two there is no way she would have bested him. You don't see MMA match-ups between male and female do you?

Aria did give the same treatment to the hound in the books as she did in the show.
    Last edited by FR1GHT; 09-11-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post

In the books, Tyrion does kill Tywin, but it's not on the toilet, but he does muse that Tywin doesn't shit gold after all.

He does kill him on the toilet. Privy = toilet.

Comments

FR1GHT: It's been a while, but I pictured in my head him sitting at a desk like a boss.

Load Metric
    I'll be the first to admit this thread became too advanced for me about 3-4 pages ago.

You people know your details. I downloaded the first 5 books on my iphone once. Still have it. It pops up on my little device and all I can see in the corner is pg. 27 of 246,347,487 and I faint.

Props to who can read that. I feel like you should all be in our military or something?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Im about 3 hours from finishing a second read through of the series (confession: i skipped the first 2 books this time).

Its infinitely more enjoyable on the second read through. It still suffers from some absolutely terrible pacing/scatter issues but having the advantage of zero expectations regarding anything of substance being resolved, it freed me up to actually read the chapters instead of angrily churning through them. Not the dick suck festival lots of people still insist on making it out to be but still a monumental accomplishment, albeit clearly the product of crippling autism.

Load Metric

IT's COMING!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    My excitement is tempered by knowledge of how bogged down the books get, but in fairness theyve done a great job of dodging those potholes so far.

Load Metric
    Queen Arya?

Load Metric
    How Natalie Dormer wants to go out on GOT

On being posh

Comments

vegas1369: She is SF hot
    Last edited by 4Dragons; 01-31-2015 at 08:04 AM.

Load Metric
    A day in the life doc: http://vidto.me/1s3gy4fjpbee.html

Load Metric
    Saw an early premiere of the first episode tonight on campus in Wyoming that won't be aired until 4/12.

The venue was crawling with HBO suits and cops ready to jack anybody that was attempting to film it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Saw an early premiere of the first episode tonight on campus in Wyoming that won't be aired until 4/12.

The venue was crawling with HBO suits and cops ready to jack anybody that was attempting to film it.
    This was captured in the parking lot of the event:

Name:  e.gif
Views: 303
Size:  502.4 KB

Comments

ToasterOven: hof

gimmick:

nunbeater: hahaha

superallah: yes 4dragons. yes.

Load Metric
    Bump because winter is coming.

Load Metric
    I can't read this thread because you cock knockers are talking the book in here, but I found this funny.

Load Metric
    HBO is doing a free preview this weekend. should be on most cable systems, it looks like.

Load Metric
    Name:  CB_6XaOUgAAnpWF.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  24.5 KB

Name:  shitnigga.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  16.8 KB

Thread Information