Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Stock geeks: My NIA type pick for the next while

Platinum
    Load Metric
    hookers and blow for pooh, congrats man...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-barrels-a-day

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

How cool is that?

Amazon drilling for oil right now too. Down another $6

The Dec 2 options spread is a bitch.

Load Metric
    The termites are eating the legs of Jim Cramer's stool while he sits there & tells you about the rally and the records.

AMZN may just get $750 test over with today. I really don't believe it but...

Edit:
    This is kind of new territory but do you think Trump will attack individual companies by name?

Can you imagine?

Trump attacked Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos and Amazon during the election on Twitter etc. Amazon pays no taxes etc.

You got the employment thing available to him.

Name:  IMG_0255.PNG
Views: 319
Size:  59.3 KB

Just bought an office chair from Amazon. Had to assemble it. Saw the mfg tag underneath. Mfg in some 22 letter town in China.

Is Trump crazy enough to attack and cajole US listed companies? Please dear god make it so.

Comments

Tellafriend: Great termite reference.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-30-2016 at 10:00 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

Thanks appreciate it. Only simpletons like krypt actually thought they wouldn't cut. It was never a 20% chance they would. The only question I had was the Trump factor. If Hillary won it was 100% they were cutting. With Trump stating how he wants the US energy independent....I thought maybe they would punish by not cutting. It was probably 80/20 they would cut. OPEC would be broke if the prices went back in the $20's.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't play this perfectly. Not by a long shot. I may still have to roll some puts but I did okay.

Load Metric
    Hope you all bought some apa(Apache Corp.) like I said. It'll definitely get to over $80 now. Probably $90.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Pooh
    Admit you were pricing Lumber Liquidators laminate flooring yesterday.

Load Metric

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Edit - I would like to add NVDA for consideration into Put town.
    I lost a bundle betting against NVDA with puts but I am not giving up. Going to fire some more missiles soon. The chart has gone vertical and those rarely last.
    Anyone get a piece of this NVDA drop? I got a small piece but nothing spectacular.

Load Metric

I lost a bundle betting against NVDA with puts but I am not giving up. Going to fire some more missiles soon. The chart has gone vertical and those rarely last.
    Anyone get a piece of this NVDA drop? I got a small piece but nothing spectacular.
    All the chips had the same chart today. Coulda closed your eyes and done equally well.

I did LRCX and Skyworks. I am suffering from priapism with AMZN and the Dec 2 puts that are trading 1:1

I am enjoying continued talk of the rally too

Remember last year - end of year and beginning 2016? Money won shorting is so much more satisfying - and quicker

I got a philosophical question:
    If we raise rates and ROW is negative or zero won't all available money come here?

Lol the munchkin guy talking about rolling the debt into long term notes. Secretary of Treasury? Isn't he the Secretary of the Debt?

I could go on and on. This is a special moment in time
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-01-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Load Metric
    Closed out much of my USO position this am for 11k gain. Only reason I went bigger than usual this week was because I have this niggling 10k in credit card debt that was pissing me off so I figured get that shit paid for courtesy of OPEC. Mrs. Pooh's Cartier watch was a very large part of that. Thanks Iran.

Comments

Sanlmar: Pooh loves Persians. Fact

Load Metric
    Full disclosure: I sold 20k shares ETE today. This latest fuck you by the Obama clown show did it for me. The guy is his own law. And he can go fuck himself. Sold 200 Friday puts @$16 strike to get back in. If not I will continue to sell puts until I'm back. Once Trump is in office I will likely jump back in with both feet if shares have not been put to me by then (highly unlikely).

For anyone who has done even a modicum of research on the DAPL, another four years of this clown and we don't have a country anymore. Evidently permits, countless meetings and rerouting mean zilch to this administration.

Load Metric
    I found an ETF that pays 70% yield on cost.

Load Metric
    Janet Yellen is the Jeff Fisher of the Fed. Does she resign?

Who's short here?

Little early but fuck it

Comments

Tellafriend: interesting analogy. but fisher didnt' resign, neither will she

Load Metric
    Purchased myself 1,000 shares of OPK. Let's see how this goes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Janet Yellen is the Jeff Fisher of the Fed. Does she resign?

Who's short here?

Little early but fuck it
    I have been moving to cash. lock in the return. lets see what happens next year.

Load Metric
    Well I'm glad I bought back my ETE before the price exploded as it has. I'm not glad I paid 40 cents more than I sold it for but that's life....a $10k mistake. Also bought 15k shares AMZA looking for another 15k in a couple months. The beauty of AMZA is they pay $2.08 in dividends per year and I buy shares on margin at around $3.50. That's like a 70% yield.

Life is good. Let's put it this way. Pooh isn't drinking Kendall Jackson Chard and Pooh sure as hell wouldn't be caught dead in an A4, fancy exhaust or not.

Comments

wrenchjockey: doesn't slum it with bolt-on parts on entry level cars and near-box-quality wines

Load Metric
    So here's the deal... or the Art of the Deal.

Remember the story about Trump calling out Boeing for the price of the new Air Force 1? Trump meets with Boeing and crows that he haggled the price down. My hero.

Quietly, you later see the bid is reopened to Boeing on a fighter jet order that was pretty much locked up by Lockheed. This is how you play ball, right Boeing?

It is interesting how the President-elect is involved in defense procurement but once a salesman always a salesman. It's in the game.

The biggest winner (and it wasn't even close) of the mortgage crisis was a fine chap named John Paulson. It wasn't the Aspergers guy Michael Lewis wrote about in the Big Short. It wasn't Steve Carrell either. It was a guy named John Paulson. Michael Lewis said he would have loved to include him in the book but he wouldn't talk. Billions.

Anyway, John Paulson was yuge in financing Trump's campaign. How can this favor be paid back I wonder.

Let's see. Paulson holds Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac. They were taken over by the government post crisis. All the profits are getting raked by the government currently and the government has no business here at this point.

So the stocks are kinda worthless from a business standpoint. They caught a bounce post election. I hold FNMA small and would buy more if it were to test 3.50'ish. Watching and have it programmed to alert me on any move.

The almost certain play is Trump removing government involvement and rewarding Paulson in the process. Hopefully me too. It nauseating to me to "buy and hold" but a mortal lock is a mortal lock - it's just the time value of dead money. My investments last minutes not months.

It's good to see it's business as usual in Washington with Trump. It's just usually not so transparent.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-30-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Load Metric
    So ETE finally hit $20 today. Will it hit 30 this year? I'm guessing no but it's very early. If we can actually get these growth projects online by the end of the year as scheduled then all bets are off. I figure DAPL completion gets us above $22. Rover and Revolution are the next two biggies. Both are supposed to be completed in Q4. Those can get the stock price close to $30. If we can get some movement on Lake Charles then 30 is in the rear view mirror. Hopefully some of you clowns got aboard this train before it left the station. As far as I know only one other poster is enjoying these gains and he got in under $10 I think.

Full disclosure. Bought another 10k shares AMZA.

Load Metric
    Did this thread bottom out yet? Not much action in here.

Sanlmar what are you up to these days?

CGC symbol now is Weed. I'm still balls deep and am hoping for a homerun here. Canada should be legalizing this year if Trudeau keeps his word (which he's not good at lately).

FNMA - dipped the toes in here at 4 and now at 4.30.

Have kept away from sportsbetting lately and focused on trading forex on a bitcoin based site. Doubled my money in my first week trading. Sanlmar can you regale me some horror stories about why I shouldn't trade forex at 200 leverage? I realize I'm trading against bots but I'm making a small profit getting in/out quick a few times a day.

The +EV of this is I'm not losing money or breaking even on stupid sports bets. Already came out a winner due to the pats and am freerolling the superbowl.

Load Metric
    I wrote about FNMA & FMCC and the Munchkin guy on Dec 4 & 30 in the Trump Train thread. Did you actually use that as an idea? It's the only serious thing I have posted there.

It is one of 3-4 that I hold long term. Like I never hold overnight. Done about 30% since then.

GoPro today. Chaps and I used to shoot the shit about TWTR & GPRO 3 years ago in this thread. How worthless this shit was.

I skim and scalp and it's so fast that it looks like past posting if I put it in a thread. It's not useful by the time I write something.

I have gravitated to live betting sports. I like it cause it only cause works for me. Again, you see something quick then hit it and it's gone by the time you post it so it isn't useful to others. I do find it interesting the day trader has gravitated to live sports.

With respect to leverage and horror stories. Trading anything is just like poker. You don't win every hand. You just wish to win more than you lose. You have to know when to fold. If you are leveraged to the gills your whole thought process gets polluted with rationalization and pain.

I have blown myself up exposing too much early on. I'm not in the mood to revisit those mistakes today.

I been keeping the retail up lately. AMZN has been a favorite for about a year. I didn't play anything overnight so I didn't pahticipate in that drop. That's not my thing. Absolutely no regret about missing anything.

Just grind. You will be amazed the cumulative return you will earn over the course of a year when you find your groove.

Sounds like your trading involves a Bitcoin site. I ask myself, "Is this somehow off the books?". My tax paperwork is rolling in. I got the paperwork & questionnaire from my tax guy. I just throw it all in a drawer. I can't deal with the pain. My trade record looks like the Manhatten phone book and it's all short term gains.

Read anything you can about candlesticks and charting. Fibonacci If you don't find it interesting you're playing the wrong game. If you think it's quackery at least you'll know what your opponents are thinking.

Just rambling.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-03-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Thread Information