Thread: Denver-Nashville trip report(who cares?)

Load Metric

Denver-Nashville trip report(who cares?)

So last Tuesday I drove up to Denver from where I live for my girlfriends birthday, and the weather was beautiful. We even stopped on the way there. at a random church we saw that had a ton of stumps and talked our way into a freebie. For those of you who ask why the hell I would do that, let me explain. It was an absolutely fantastic game to play while drinking with friends. Heres what you do. You first get a big stump. You get some 4 inch roofing nails and a hammer. You figure out how many people are playing and however many there are you nail in that many nails. Just enough so they won't go flying when you hammer down on it. Now, the tricky part. Each person gets a nail. The object of the game is to have your nail standing. Each person has to throw the hammer into the air and do one rotation and as they are catching it, come down and whack someones nail. You are obviously aiming for a certain nail as you do your throw, You throw the hammer with a forward flip so that as you catch it the momentum of it makes it one swift motion. If you don't do that, you don't get to hammer. Once people get the hang of it, you lay down the law, and it there is a drop they don't get to try again, next persons turn. If your nail gets hit, you drink. If someone swings down and creates a spark, you all drink. If your nail is completely flush, you're out and have to chug whatever you're drinking. It is a great BBQ game. Usually takes a good 6-7 hits to finish you, depending on how many girls you're playing with.

Name:  stump.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  96.4 KB

So, whatever it was a great BBQ and we had a blast. Went to the Rockies game and they killed it. Beautiful afternoon game and 4$ tickets. I don't even know where the seats were. I never sat down in one. We flew off to Nashville the next morning and my first time there. Went to an absolutely beautiful wedding that had a sick view of Broadway in the city. That's the busiest street, and tons of shit was going on. The wedding was at a building called The Bridge Building. Shit was sick. it was a brunch wedding, and they came out to White Wedding instrumental version.

Afterward we flew back to Denver and had to drive six hours back home. We heard snow was coming, and Denver was to get a foot by the end of the night. it was barely flurrying when we left at 11 AM. We obv, had to stop at Trader Joes and grab tons of 2, now 3 buck chuck. We are driving back, and about two hours in it starts absolutely dumping. Six inches of snow had to have fallen within an hour and the wind was gusting big time. It was between Fairplay CO, and Bueno Vista. If anyone knows that area, it's bad. It's about 10,000+ feet. So I am driving at about 25mph and have zero visibility. I am slowing down, and coming down one of the countless hills I have to travel through. I notice an ambulance on the left coming up, so I do what I didn't want to, and hit the breaks. At that point our camry was driving on about 4-5 inches of snow, and we were just trying to get to the next town to pull over and wait it out. As I hit the breaks I start to slide. I realize the ambulance is there because on my side of the road is an accident. I starts sliding right into it, and quickly picture my life being on one of those Tru TV videos of someone sliding into an accident and taking peoples legs off by smashing them in between cars. There are about five rescue workers and 1-2 people tending to the person in the driver side of the car that was hit and I was sliding right for them!!!

As I am going into them in slow motion, I literally see the one guy jumping up onto my hood like an action here and sliding right off. Everyone narrowly jumped out of the way and I kept sliding inches by the car, and ran into the car who initially hit the car I just slid by(confusing, I know). Thank god nobody was in that car, and I hit the part of the car that was already smashed from the initial accident. The initial accident occurred because the dipshit lady who got hit decided it'd be a good idea to stop in the middle of the road and fix her windshield wipers in blizzard conditions. A dude and his wife smashed the shit out of her car, and the person in it was taken by ambulance, not sure what happened yet. I was so thankful to have inched by and missed this dude. We still had a four hour drive, bad conditions, and work the next day. The car thankfully was driveable. When I slide into the car, I cut it hard to the left and hit them with the side and also knocked out our front right headlight. Between the time my accident happened and when the state trooper arrived, which was about 1.5 hours, 8 accidents had happened in a three mile radius. Just a football field down from our accident someone was being rushed away in a stretcher. It was insane. We eventually got home after about 12 hours in the car, and 3 by flight. We got Subway when we pulled into town, I got tomatoes on the side.

The end

Comments

Sanlmar: Hammers & alcohol rep
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    what else did you do in Nashville? It sounds like you flew in, went to one event, and flew home.

Corky's BBQ should have been in there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    what else did you do in Nashville? It sounds like you flew in, went to one event, and flew home.

Corky's BBQ should have been in there.

We pretty much did just thst. I was only there for about 48 hours. Went down Broadway and checked a few of the bars and plsces out. Went to an English pub called Fleet street down some alley where they also have nude karaoke. Oh also went out to Opry Hills or zmills and also went and saw the Pathenon at Vanderbilt, which was pretty cool.

Iguess this is a fail thread
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Denver is GOD

I moved out to Wyoming this past September, as my girlfriend is in their counselling program and I started my MBA this January. Worst place I have ever lived by far, including a month-long stint living in a village in India. It was 3 degrees and snowing yesterday. Absolutely no surprise that Wyoming has the highest suicide rate in the country. Laramie, Wyoming feels like a developing country.

Fortunately Denver is 2.5 hours away; good restaurants, better climate, weed, sports, MUCH friendlier people etc.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Denver is GOD

I moved out to Wyoming this past September, as my girlfriend is in their counselling program and I started my MBA this January. Worst place I have ever lived by far, including a month-long stint living in a village in India. It was 3 degrees and snowing yesterday. Absolutely no surprise that Wyoming has the highest suicide rate in the country. Laramie, Wyoming feels like a developing country.

Fortunately Denver is 2.5 hours away; good restaurants, better climate, weed, sports, MUCH friendlier people etc.
    Nice of you to stick with your girlfriend even though she required out of state counseling.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Wyoming is like a forgotten state in my world. I know almost nothing about it and have never met anyone that has ever lived there or even visited it. Gun to my head, all I could tell you about Wyoming is that Yellowstone is in there somewhere and that its the least populated state.

I kind of want to visit it some day just too see what's there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Wyoming is like a forgotten state in my world. I know almost nothing about it and have never met anyone that has ever lived there or even visited it. Gun to my head, all I could tell you about Wyoming is that Yellowstone is in there somewhere and that its the least populated state.

Gun to your head you would say more than that.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

Uh... the capital is Cheyenne? I think? THAT'S ALL I KNOW I SWEAR TO GOD PLEASE

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

Uh... the capital is Cheyenne? I think? THAT'S ALL I KNOW I SWEAR TO GOD PLEASE

Bro! All fags know Matthew Shepard. Come on.

Thread Information