Thread: Pot brownies question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bronze
    Load Metric

Pot brownies question

1)how much herb should be used (assuming high quality)
    2)butter or oil, I've heard oil works better
    3)how long does it last and what is the difference between just smoking it?

Also if you have any good recipies please share. I'm 37 and have never tried them, but have been a casual smoker over the years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Stueyivey View Post
    1)how much herb should be used (assuming high quality)
    2)butter or oil, I've heard oil works better
    3)how long does it last and what is the difference between just smoking it?

Also if you have any good recipies please share. I'm 37 and have never tried them, but have been a casual smoker over the years.
    1) I have always used an ounce, but I imagine you could get away with using a 1/4. The brownies I make with an ounce are ridiculously potent.

2) I think oil is easier to work with, butter will taste better. I prefer to use oil. Make sure to buy the brownies that allow you to use the MOST oil per batch, meaning pick up the "family style", pretty sure it's Betty Crocker. I believe it's something like 1/2-3/4 of a cup per batch. I always use more, sometimes up to a cup and a half.

3) It will last anywhere from 4-8 hours, and it is WAY different from smoking. The body high is a million times stronger. I would almost liken it more to taking a hit of acid without the hallucinations, than I would smoking, but that obv is in high doses. Also, I have never gotten the munchies like I have on brownies, and you sleep like a rock.

As far as recipes, I usually just cook up the oil at a med to low heat with the weed in it, stirring constantly for about 15-20 minutes. If you start seeing smoke 10 minutes in, turn the heat down, you're burning it.

Load Metric
    Also, and this is very important. DO NOT EAT TOO MUCH!!!!! Trust me, I have made this mistake, you do not want to go down this road. Start off eating a small amount. I would say if you cut your brownies into 8, eat half of one at the most. Maybe even a quarter, just to get a feel for where you are. Another thing, it takes a while to kick in, usually at least an hour.

Load Metric
    http://forums.cannabisculture.com/fo...oard=16&page=1
    Eating the weed is definitely more potent than smoking it. After eating some do not make plans for a few hours.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I planned on using a quarter of high quality bud, I know you wrote that can work but is a half or full ounce better?

A quarter can last me a few months smoking as I only take a few tokes a week and I pay $100 a quarter, so an ounce would likely be $350 or so which I really don't want to spend on a midlife experiment.

Load Metric
    A 1/4 should be plenty, I used to use about a 1/2 oz of shake from average weed and it would be better than smoking that good shit that Ricky grows.

Load Metric
    I planned on using a quarter of high quality bud, I know you wrote that can work but is a half or full ounce better?

A quarter can last me a few months smoking as I only take a few tokes a week and I pay $100 a quarter, so an ounce would likely be $350 or so which I really don't want to spend on a midlife experiment.
    Quarter will be fine, half would be better. An ounce is overkill. I'd start out with a cup of oil, maybe a tiny bit more. After you cook it and strain it down it will work out closer to 3/4 of a cup.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

Quarter will be fine, half would be better. An ounce is overkill. I'd start out with a cup of oil, maybe a tiny bit more. After you cook it and strain it down it will work out closer to 3/4 of a cup.
    Recipe I read said to use the same amount of oil the box recipe calls for. Basically make them same as normal brownies recipe but with the THC oil.

Is the THC extraction oil process is the most important part? That is what I should focus on getting right based on what I've read far.

Thread Information