Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PokerFraudAlert Report: Pokerstars scammed its US players out of tens of millions of dollars with their Black Friday FPP cashout policy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    What if you requested a bank transfer?

Are you telling me that there was absolutely no way to cash out if you had less than $100?
    I got this answer a while back on 2p2 about how to cash out under $100 on Stars:

Tell your friend to do a direct bank transfer to get less than $100 off (unless they've changed the minimum since the end of April-2011). I had <100 and a friend of mine had 12 bucks and they sent it to her.

The $100 minimum limit was for checks I think.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'm probably a little late on this issue but i'm getting caught up on the radio shows and just listened to the black friday radio show. While I agree and can't argue that pokerstars did in effect take money by not paying out the fpp values that the fpps would have been worth if people had the chance to reach the amount needed for bonuses. I think the fact of what pokerstars did in some areas does somewhat compensate for that. I guess what i'm saying is there was iffy issues especially for high volume players that pokerstars covered that were more pressing than individual fpps that weren't enough to equal a bonus. This is coming from a supernova elite's perspective.

1) They gave partial credit towards milestone bonuses. For instance I was stuck between 200k-300k milestone when black friday occurred. like halfway thru at 250k vpps. Instead of saynig sorry you didn't get to 300k I was credited 50% of what the 300k milestone bonus would have been since I was 50% of the way between 200-300k I thought that was extremely fair and I guess debatable if they were obligated to do that.

2) And this one only applies to supernova elites but I was given full value for my wcoop ticket. I'm not a mtt player and if given the choice between cash or playing the wcoop i'd take the cash. Since black friday occured I feel I actually got above value level compensation as I was given the whole $5,200 in cash. I honestly would have taken a 95% equivelent for whatever t$ or w$ (can't remember which is which) as I feel my edge is miniscule in a buyin event as such. So I was thrilled to be given cash for this event instead of whatever other possible option pokerstars could have attempted.

These factors don't absolve pokerstars from what they did, but i'm just giving a different perspective of how I think pokerstars handled some other bigger money situations in the best way possible, where they could have potentially cut some more corners and did not.

Thread Information