Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Deja Haseeb

Load Metric
    I'll admit I missed most of the thread and haven't even looked since last night but, from what I gathered, most people who post on 4 are social misfits and anytime a possible female posts in a thread they all cum all over themselves and make the thread 100 pages. Besides that it is a thread about basic nothingness. The guy had a somewhat fake internet girlfriend. Who gives a fuck. Move on.

No offense to Druff but he is a social misfit himself and he also cums all over himself whenever a girl posts here or there. He acknowledges that he has less than zero real life game.

Am I close?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I'll admit I missed most of the thread and haven't even looked since last night but, from what I gathered, most people who post on 4 are social misfits and anytime a possible female posts in a thread they all cum all over themselves and make the thread 100 pages. Besides that it is a thread about basic nothingness. The guy had a somewhat fake internet girlfriend. Who gives a fuck. Move on.

No offense to Druff but he is a social misfit himself and he also cums all over himself whenever a girl posts here or there. He acknowledges that he has less than zero real life game.

Am I close?
    Have to agree on the general classification of NVGers. Its why I rarely post let alone read the drivel on there. Druff admits to being socially awkward at moments he's never denied that besides he don't need game he has baby mama and Benji to worry about now vs trying to find some random piece of ass.. Trust me your priorities change when you have kid(s) and are generally over 35-40.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Haseeb is now taking time out to defend PrimordialAA and Lock Pros in the Lock Poker thread on 2+2:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=5034

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Haseeb is now taking time out to defend PrimordialAA and Lock Pros in the Lock Poker thread on 2+2:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=5034
    I'd imagine that if you were to choose someone to defend you in poker Haseeb Qureshi would be at the very bottom of the list, so maybe it's some kind of level where he really is mad at Lock Pros but he knows everyone will do the opposite of what he says, so he is defending them instead
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I was told the 2p2 thread was locked… ah well...

tl;dr Haseeb is a grifter. His come clean farewell novella was still pulling the wool over your eyes. His retirement from the poker world didn't last long (the guy who did the bet he'd be back should call that in)…and it was never meant to. Haseeb tried and fortunately failed to obtain a five-figure sum in deceptive circumstances. If you let him fiddle with your mind you must be mental.

================================================== ============

I swerved a bullet it seems and thanks to the thread I've got some answers, extinguished some gaslights and pretty much got the skinny on Haseeb and his latest sucker game.

Unlike Haseeb's obvious bullshit smear campaign, I'm going to keep this relevant to poker and the poker community. He has posted his bullshit in his typical tabloidal style, but I would prefer it if this stays relevant. I am not interested in trading trollololol insults.. plus I can't be arsed to construct the same level of crap he does.

My involvement here starts with an email. Sent in August it was totally out of the blue. Haseeb is always the one to contact me and I generally ignore him, but it's usually by gchat or Skype. This was different so it peaked my interest. You may have got the gist but let me state the salient points. Haseeb approached 3 people not 4 as he maintained. He has admitted to me that this was to make him appear to be a better prospect and to give the impression that he was trustworthy. Two of those people he has confirmed (in this thread) he disliked or felt owed him something. When questioned he has maintained that jungle is easy to scam and he didn't so that must mean he was all above board. Once again Haseeb uses other people’s names and reputations as leverage and weight. I don’t think he was necessarily after jungle’s money, particularly if the sum I was told he had pledged was correct. In addition, his plan to sell a book and peddle his services as a mind coach to the poker community would be screwed if jungle were against him. It appears to me that the marks were me, Jose or both of us. Once Jose declined and I declined an out of a fund hidden down the back of the sofa miraculously appeared...and in addition and equally suddenly he has $75k of his own to give away to charity.

I had doubts but now I have none that I would never have seen that money again. I'm pretty shocked by this and Haseeb's subsequent behaviour tbh. I told him that even that I knew he was an arrogant asshat with questionable morals, I could still see some worth in him...sad to say I now believe there is none. This is the personal element of this matter..and why questions were asked. Strangers on poker fora quite rightly don't give a flying fuck if some con buggers off with my money or whether someone looks to have masqueraded as my friend in order to obtain money only to show they were lying...but as the person is back in your community, flogging a book he was going to give that community free, a story of altruism which does not ring true, expecting you to part with your money for mind coaching, hoping you'll kill a fatted calf.. maybe you should(?).

As to why I am here, why I felt/feel something is amiss and why I believe Haseeb is questionable and completely capable of screwing a 'friend' over while smiling at them...it's not just based on what has happened now. It's in context. Some background.

The prop bet...

Haseeb took that bet out of pure greed. He didn't take it because 'Ashton woulda done it anyway and I'm saving him'...he needed and wanted the money. You’ve all no doubt read the blog. It is, like most of his writing, kernels of truth smothered in hyperbole and utter bollox. Haseeb was spending the money in his head, deciding what car to buy as I was saying wtf you've left him on his own doing this? He didn't care, blew it off, actually started to talk about him getting injured. We had words over this. I thought it was shitty and if he gets hurt or worse keels over someone should be there. I told him about a guy who used to run ultra marathon with my brother and suddenly he got concerned. This coincided with me saying he's going to look even more of a bastard if Ashton gets harmed and he spends the day dicking about on the Internet or whatever. Haseeb didn't like Ashton all that much, because he couldn't control him; he would often say that he was a bad influence on jungle and he needed to get jungle away from him. This leads on to why he felt the need to leave Florida.

Haseeb thought that bet was a lock. He never for a moment thought he'd lose and thought he was on his way to a 900k payday. But he lost and now he's a huge wedge of cash down which he could ill afford to lose and looking like a shit who'd use his friends. You'll note that Haseeb is all about his public image, so the latter really stung. I spent a lot of time during that period listening to self pity. When he wrote the blog on cardrunners it was an exercise in literary masturbation and spin. Ashton spoke to him about not including some stuff in it. Haseeb's attitude was fuck him this is my story I'll tell it how it needs to be told. I don't know if that's how he presented it to Ashton... I doubt it.

The loss of the prop bet was pivotal. It turned things upside down for Haseeb. He left the house that the 3 of them shared and in doing so felt like he was losing his grip on jungle. As you know Haseeb persuaded jungle to go to Austin...but I remember Haseeb getting agitated and complaining that jungle was kind of dragging his heels. The timing of the prop bet, Haseeb leaving and the introduction of Jose to the poker world/the hard marketing of him are no coincidence. One guy was gone (he was never going to be easy to manipulate anyway), one was shaky but still Haseeb was still hanging on by his fingernails…but in the background was a keen kid from Portugal who was a decent player with a good work ethic, willing and cooperative, unquestioning and fitted the part of the next big thing in poker. Jose was clay to Haseeb.

Girah...

What happened prior to and once Jose was thrust onto the scene is the subject of many a thread so I'm just going to make points. Haseeb 'met' Jose before he was ensconced as jungle's man friday and introduced Jose into the HS bosom, providing him with contacts and vouches. Haseeb knew about Jose making posts in different accounts. Haseeb encouraged sock puppetry, shills, asking friends to make accounts, post, watch the forum. He asked others and also me to do it. Haseeb advised Jose to say he couldn't provide SNs because a lawyer had said not to. Haseeb did not do any due diligence on Jose's credentials because he helped create them. The creation of Jose's back story was similar to most of Haseeb's writing…bits of truth, spun and embellished. Haseeb sold this and people bought it without question. Haseeb was a ghost writer for the majority of Jose's posts, blogs etc. Jose advised me that Haseeb did not write his strat and that he did this himself. I reviewed and edited some stuff/posts. They would then go back to Haseeb for final ‘approval’. I reviewed/tidied/etc. Jose's apology and confession post but they were his words. However, Haseeb further reviewed and amended this post. When it looked like it was just Jose going down, he wasn't that interested... when it was obvious it was going to go wider, he wanted control back.

I set up Jose's twitter account for him. Two things you can take from this: Jose would trust people with his passwords and he was not that tech savvy. A bit later down the road he's planting trojans? No. Find the tl;dr post in Haseeb's summary of the girah scandal thread.. dots - connect.

Haseeb knew about bluff when he chip dumped. I was privy to conversations where bluff was mentioned. Sam Chauhan was an interesting choice of SN as Haseeb couldn't bear him. He (Haseeb) had started off obtaining some guidance/coaching from Sam himself, but his attitude toward him changed. Haseeb just didn't like the guy. He saw him as a huge threat to his plans to be jungle's manager/mind coach etc. He often said he was a bad influence and needed to get jungle away from him. My view of mind coaching is one of huge scepticism; I think they're largely snake oil salesmen.

Haseeb didn’t really play anymore. His plan was to manage/mind coach/obtain a living from poker and have a sweet poker lifestyle without actually having to play it. His plan for Jose was to create a poker star similar to Blom. The money was to be made on creating a name, coaching etc., sponsorships. Haseeb had negotiated having at least 15% of Jose. The chip dump was to win, not necessarily money/seats, but further publicity and interest; it added another wheel to the hype juggernaut.

I’ve already posted about Haseeb's ‘fuck them’ attitude when the Skype group came forward. His reaction and subsequent behaviour was not community focussed or even jungle focussed…it was focused on protecting the position Haseeb had spent time and effort creating for himself. Haseeb was still planning to go live with Jose etc and take jungle with him. If the Skype group hadn't been so doggedly determined to bring it to the attention of the community, the plan would've continued. His biggest fear was that you’d all dig around and find the bones…this thing still had several stages to go. The bones being that Haseeb knew it all and was scared shitless that the community would find out, but even more so that other HS players would find out. His reward was a decent living for doing very little and notoriety by proxy. Haseeb's poker career had been in decline since around 2009 and his poker relevancy dwindling to nothing. Two big poker names under his wing...what’s a little shadiness huh.

Haseeb had control of the response to the scandal and told people what to say. If anyone thinks he did anything to protect them or help them during that they were wrong. He threw names in the ring, who had nothing at all do with it, again to add credence to what he was saying. His only concern was him, his future plans and making sure that he could still execute it in some way.

Unfortunately, Haseeb is not as smart as he thinks he is when it comes to handling PR disasters. He was advised to come clean. He chose to lie and you all know how that panned out. Haseeb did not legislate for jungle to go against 'orders' and to admit the play and once done he knew his goose was cooked. Haseeb had to abandon plan and go get his own life, but not without first trying to get a substantial sum from his friend for his 'services'.

Haseeb posted something in his earlier bodice ripper post, which I quoted and asked about the sum of 40k. Haseeb owed Jose 40k, Jose owed some stake and Haseeb was hassling for money for his services. Combined, this sum was much less than 40k (more around 20k). Jose told Haseeb to just keep the 40k and they are quits. Haseeb proceeded to hassle for the money for stake and services again. Jose was naturally ‘wtf’, having waived the 40k, effectively paying any debt and some. Haseeb's response was to say that's separate, you can't bring that up now you owe me. Follow continual pestering for money, pitching up to his place etc. I had both of them talking to me about this. I told Haseeb to back off and drop it. Jose had walked away leaving Haseeb with a sum in excess of what he claimed Jose owed and yet still trying to get more money by hassling him, turning up at his house and threatening to drag his mum into it. He did do as threatened, and turned up in Portugal (read the relevant blog post, it’s one of his greater works of fiction).

Comments

Deal: Welcome. Haseeb would do well selling used cars.

JimAfternoon: Thanks for posting, UHN.

Belly Buster: good write up + rep for using bollox

Load Metric
    Nice post. It almost seems like you were along for the ride as well since you were editing Girah's posts and twitter account. Did you know Girah before Haseeb did?

Load Metric
    Nice post. It almost seems like you were along for the ride as well since you were editing Girah's posts and twitter account. Did you know Girah before Haseeb did?

You really do appear to have been complicit in a bunch of this shadiness. Why? What was in it for you? What was the final straw that made you decide to turn on the crew and come clean?

Has Haseeb ever been involved in installing or using hole card viewers on other poker players computers? Did he help those that were line up victims?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I set up his twitter, but that was the extent of it. Once it was set up (and by set up I mean registered, background, settings and the ilk) that was my involvement done. I never tweeted on his behalf and never edited tweets. I was asked to do it because I had a twitter account and knew my way around it.

No. I was introduced to Jose by Haseeb.

Load Metric
    Thanks for coming out with your post. I wasn't accusing you of anything nefarious, btw. That story was left with a lot of questions and you are one of a handful of people who may have the answers.

This part of the forum is mostly civil so you won't be bothered with much flaming here.

I'm sure Druff will have at least a four inch woody once he reads your post. He is Jewish now...don't hold it against him.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

You really do appear to have been complicit in a bunch of this shadiness. Why? What was in it for you? What was the final straw that made you decide to turn on the crew and come clean?

Has Haseeb ever been involved in installing or using hole card viewers on other poker players computers? Did he help those that were line up victims?
    This is one of the things that Haseeb said to try and shut me up..if the crazy bitter ex argument doesn't work then he will use the complicit angle.

At the time I didn't know precisely what was going on. It was favours for friends type stuff; can you run your eye over this text for me, can you set up twitter for Jose because you know what to do, can you do x,y,z. All very innocuous...I wouldn't do anything that wasn't. For example, when a suggestion that I be 'the lawyer' was mooted I flatly refused. Nor would I post on behalf of anyone etc.

The final straw? I suppose being threatened by Haseeb when I questioned the loan and the return.

Regarding the final point..for now I'm having something checked out...and I'm waiting for the results. Sorry I can't be more forthcoming at this point.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Thanks for coming out with your post. I wasn't accusing you of anything nefarious, btw. That story was left with a lot of questions and you are one of a handful of people who may have the answers.

This part of the forum is mostly civil so you won't be bothered with much flaming here.

I'm sure Druff will have at least a four inch woody once he reads your post. He is Jewish now...don't hold it against him.
    NP..no offence taken.

Lol.. I can cope with a little boner.. just as long as he doesn't start accusing me of being an actress hired by Qureshi.

Load Metric
    Most have assumed that Girah was, to a degree, his creation. Everyone was aware he existed, but that Haseeb was likely pulling the strings.

When he got exposed he should have just taken a bow. It appeared he was trying to create a myth, one with multiple revenue streams I'm sure. His machinations in that story were like sociopath performance art. Poker has always been about hope trafficking. They'll show the guy winning $2 million on television, but never tell you he's $3 million in debt. To create a mythical prodigy and then charge a bunch of people $600/hr for coaching from the kid, claim to be his mindset coach, and puppet him would be kind of genius, albeit immoral. If he had just fessed up, many would be mad, but others would have grudgingly respected the hustle.

His insistence and arrogance despite being caught is what soured the community towards him.

Thanks for posting, and don't worry about any attempts by him to make you appear complicit. One would have to understand the poker world from the inside to even understand his end game, and he has fooled many of those insiders also.

Load Metric
    So this is like, Haseeb's Travis Makar, in a sense?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    So this is like, Haseeb's Travis Makar, in a sense?

If I recall correctly, this woman is a London solicitor(in the English sense, an attorney) who at one time dated Haseeb.

The other girl, who shares the same name which I won't repeat out of respect for their privacy, is involved in solicitation. (In the American sense)

Comments

Steve-O: perfect explantion

Deal: Dated in a non-carnal sort of way... mind fucking only

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    It's confusing. I'm the 'R' who doesn't sell her ass in the literal sense.

I didn't actually date HQ, the other 'R' did. I don't consider about 3/4 months of internet 'romantic' bullshit a relationship.

Comments

Belly Buster: suddenly less interested in thread for some reason

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thanks for posting this here.

As I posted in the Flying Stupidity section, I am sick/injured now and cannot really respond in detail but I appreciate you bringing the rest of the story here.

Sorry for the accusations of being fake on 2+2 a few weeks ago.

Comments

Deal: appologizing for ultraego rep... kilowatt

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Thanks. Completely understand why you'd question me, so absolutely no hard feelings.

And get well soon.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    That's funny. A lot of leveling going on here.

Anytime Haseeb opens his mouth these days he hurts his reputation even more which it's hard to believe that is possible but he doesn't disappoint in that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like the "retirement" is over.

Now he's making Youtube strategy videos.

Thread Information