Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Checks From Bovada

Load Metric

Canadian Checks From Bovada

Been playing on Bovada lately, first check I got from them only took 4 days and I was able to cash it no questions asked.

Second check took about a week and now the bank is telling me they can't cash it, they have to send it off to the canadian bank "for collections" and this costs me almost $70. I already took a $50 hit from bovada for requesting a second check this month so I really don't want to pay the bank any additional rake.

How can I get around this? Any suggestions from other 'mericans that have successfully cashed checks from bovada would be appreciated.

Load Metric
    GET ROLLED LESS.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Been playing on Bovada lately, first check I got from them only took 4 days and I was able to cash it no questions asked.

Second check took about a week and now the bank is telling me they can't cash it, they have to send it off to the canadian bank "for collections" and this costs me almost $70. I already took a $50 hit from bovada for requesting a second check this month so I really don't want to pay the bank any additional rake.

How can I get around this? Any suggestions from other 'mericans that have successfully cashed checks from bovada would be appreciated.
    Send it to TMMLK to cash for you.

Load Metric
    I take my checks to a shady check cashing place, ive never had a problem.
    Since you already used your once a month freebie why not use Western Union?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    I take my checks to a shady check cashing place, ive never had a problem. Since you already used your once a month freebie why not use Western Union?
    Lotta places won't cash checks drawn on foreign banks out of policy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    USE ATM

Load Metric
    ATM wont read a lot of bodog checks from the north (gap in the routing #). They will read the ones from the far east.

If you deposited/cashed the checks within a week or 2 of each other at the same bank, this could be the problem. Some big banks will float trusted customers $5k worth of int'l checks before they clear. but if you try to deposit two different $3k checks one after the other, and the first one hasn't cleared yet (which can take 1-2 weeks on int'l checks) you will go over the $5k limit ($6k>$5k). Then they will not float you for the 2nd check and instead send it to collections which takes like 3-4 weeks and a fee and is a real pain in the ass.

That happened to me once, and since then I have been alternating banks depositing int'l checks so that I dont have any uncleared int'l checks in my account when I try to deposit.

Comments

Rollo Tomasi: super retard rep
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Get a different bank

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    I take my checks to a shady check cashing place, ive never had a problem.

This is terrible advice

Load Metric
    The recent checks are coming from Canada instead of overseas, but I've been able to cash both with no problems. The only thing I did see was my bank didnt even put it in my acct as unavailable until it cleared, but the most recent one from Canada they did put it in right away.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I haven't had a problem but Bovada has had bad batches of checks in the past so I would first contact them especially if your being charged a fee to tell them this and request you are credited that back. If the check can't be issued you want a refund to your account and a new check issued.

WU fee is higher so if it's $800 or less see if you can get Money Gram withdraw but you probably can't unless you deposited once with that option before within the past 6 months.

Load Metric
    WU fee is higher so if it's $800 or less see if you can get Money Gram withdraw but you probably can't unless you deposited once with that option before within the past 6 months.
    You have to deposit with Money Gram to withdraw with it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bank APP on Iphone etc.. works too a lot of the time

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Yeah this.

As someone who has worked in or around banking I can tell you one thing. Anytime you actually need to go face to face with someone the chance of there being a rule for them not to help you goes up by a factor of 100. They got so many rules and regs on employees so they wont fuck over the bank or break some sort of governmental rule. With an ATM or an App banks are willing to put up with more shit because it's a fixed cost and they realize even though some shit may go bad they aint paying someone $15-$20 an hour to sit there and scrutinize every transaction.

Load Metric
    something is going on. I was originally was with Victory poker, then it became something else....and so on. It eventually wound up on "Juicey Stakes". Though I didn't care much as I play just recreationally, I wasa winner at low stakes and have accumulated a few hundred $'s on it. Recently I get this email--this coupled with significantly reduced tournament offerings:

Hey, xxxx

We would like to answer some frequently asked questions that have been sent to our support.

Where are my tournament tickets?

We still have the ticket information in our database, but you can no longer access them through your client. All tournament tickets will be deleted and the corresponding value will be credited to your account as cash. This should be carried out within the next few days.

Will the user two user transfer option still be available?

We will temporarily disable all player to player transactions until further notice.

What are the withdrawal rules now?

Please note that there is a limit of $1,000 per week. The cashier is already set up to deal with the amounts that we plan to make available in the future, but for the time being only requests up to $1,000 per week will be processed.

Kind Regards,

The Juicy Stakes Team
    It looks like overseas poker might be coming to an end.

Load Metric
    Juicy Stakes is not bovada.

Bovada is god and is pumping out super fast cashouts

Comments

Rollo Tomasi: who gives a fuk rep
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    Juicy Stakes is not bovada.

Bovada is god and is pumping out super fast cashouts

i can deposit with my debit card just like pre-black friday and cashouts arrive within days

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Tell us more please

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitting Out View Post
    something is going on. I was originally was with Victory poker, then it became something else....and so on. It eventually wound up on "Juicey Stakes". Though I didn't care much as I play just recreationally, I wasa winner at low stakes and have accumulated a few hundred $'s on it. Recently I get this email--this coupled with significantly reduced tournament offerings:

Hey, xxxx

We would like to answer some frequently asked questions that have been sent to our support.

Where are my tournament tickets?

We still have the ticket information in our database, but you can no longer access them through your client. All tournament tickets will be deleted and the corresponding value will be credited to your account as cash. This should be carried out within the next few days.

Will the user two user transfer option still be available?

We will temporarily disable all player to player transactions until further notice.

What are the withdrawal rules now?

Please note that there is a limit of $1,000 per week. The cashier is already set up to deal with the amounts that we plan to make available in the future, but for the time being only requests up to $1,000 per week will be processed.

Kind Regards,

The Juicy Stakes Team
    It looks like overseas poker might be coming to an end.
    Some shannanigins going on at Juicy Stakes http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...l=1#post197391
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    First problem: Tell your bank they are cheques from Canada.

Thread Information