Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Canadian Checks From Bovada

Banned
    Load Metric
    I won the 5K guaranteed on Bovada a few months ago for $1300.00 and immediately requested a check

to my surprise, the (Canadian) check arrived in less than a week...sweet

but then I took into my bank in Podunk, Oregon and all of the sudden the Earth grinded to a screeching halt

when the teller saw it was an 'international' check, he looked at it for a good 5 minutes... clueless how to proceed, and I watched as the bank manager and 4 other tellers came over to stare at it and buzz around it like it was the first time in their lives they had seen a check from Canada

incidentally, the check was drawn from the Bank of Nova Scotia...pretty much the largest bank in Canada...didn't matter

they had to charge me a $75.00 'collections' fee and then sent the check out to verify funds

took 7 weeks to finally clear

the whole ordeal was a huge pain in the ass

Load Metric
    IMO send all Canadian cheques to TMMLK.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poft56 View Post
    Just had a check bounce from Bovada. Called them and they gave me the whole runaround saying they need a statement from my bank. Am not a rich guy. Had my account overdrawn thinking I had enough funds and am probably be going to be charged a bounced check fee. Thanks for nothing, Bovada. Will be permanently sticking with 5dimes. Fuck off forever.
    So you wrote a bad check and are blaming bovada?
    He wrote a check assuming the money he rightfully earned was actually his.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I won the 5K guaranteed on Bovada a few months ago for $1300.00 and immediately requested a check

but then I took into my bank in Podunk, Oregon and all of the sudden the Earth grinded to a screeching halt

when the teller saw it was an 'international' check, he looked at it for a good 5 minutes... clueless how to proceed, and I watched as the bank manager and 4 other tellers came over to stare at it and buzz around it like it was the first time in their lives they had seen a check from Canada

incidentally, the check was drawn from the Bank of Nova Scotia...pretty much the largest bank in Canada...didn't matter

they had to charge me a $75.00 'collections' fee and then sent the check out to verify funds

Ive heard other people have had issues with the Canadian checks. Ive received both multiple times and never had any issue. If you have the money in your acct to cover it it shouldnt be an issue at any bank, but Im guessing you dont.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

Ive heard other people have had issues with the Canadian checks. Ive received both multiple times and never had any issue. If you have the money in your acct to cover it it shouldnt be an issue at any bank, but Im guessing you dont.
    Same just happened to me.Credit union refused to deposit the check to my acct. and told me to come pick it up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Same just happened to me.Credit union refused to deposit the check to my acct. and told me to come pick it up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Quit playing online poker until it is regulated and all us player pools are merged. This way u will never have to worry about where your money is coming from, and will never be denied your deposit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    use large banks to deposit checks/thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    Quit playing online poker until it is regulated and all us player pools are merged. This way u will never have to worry about where your money is coming from, and will never be denied your deposit.
    I agree.

Imagine the fun you will have at that time playing online with your grandson.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    use large banks to deposit checks/thread
    This and use the ATM to make the deposit as Bovada suggests.

Load Metric
    Have had around 10 Canadian checks from Bovada so far this year. Only had ONE type of issue with depositing directly into my checking account and that was the most recent one for around $21xx.xx took over 4 weeks to clear. I just got the money in my account this morning, in fact. Bovada is by far the best option for US players right now. They do a lot of things well, and have a solid support/payout department. They also run lots of strong daily guaranteed tournaments with decent structures. I've been playing some of the bigger stuff on Sundays and have been doing OK.

Bovada is GOD right now as far as im concerned.
    Last edited by The_Standard; 07-25-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Thread Information