Page 176 of 225 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 4495

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Post dumb/random things thread

Load Metric
    Blimey!!!

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Cliffs: On avg. adults catch the flu twice a decade, that's it, hmm. Anyhow all kinds of new info on the flu.

So all those times i thought i caught a mild flu it was probably something else and those times I had a severe flu it was probably the real flu. Twice a decade seems about right.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 01-13-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post

Cliffs: On avg. adults catch the flu twice a decade, wow. All kinds of new information on the flu, elderly kids etc.

So all those times i thought i caught a mild flu it was probably something else and those times I had a severe flu was probably the real flu. Twice a decade seems about right, hmm.
    I had it last winter for the first time ever. Thought I was on my death bed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post

Cliffs: On avg. adults catch the flu twice a decade, wow. All kinds of new information on the flu, elderly kids etc.

So all those times i thought i caught a mild flu it was probably something else and those times I had a severe flu was probably the real flu. Twice a decade seems about right, hmm.
    I had it last winter for the first time ever. Thought I was on my death bed.
    The flu can be a bitch.

Used to catch it a lot. Said to hell with this and started taking flu shots. Haven't had it since. About 15 years flu free. Did have a bad reaction to a shot once. Few hours after I got the shot, had a bad case of the cold chills. Gut ached for 2 hours real bad, thought about going to hospital. Never had anything like that before or since.

Drinking grape juice and eating raw garlic helps too, but I don't take a chance with the flu.

Would green rep you but you are at 666 and I don't want to mess that up.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Name:  coo.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  112.5 KB
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Banned
    Load Metric

LOL

Load Metric
    Vid of a naked fat chick sitting on a cat.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Want to be a real woman?

Then chop off your dick and balls.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I really didn't want to have to do this but yall sleeping on billy on the street:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Not anti-sem at all just a funny story.

Banned
    Load Metric
    http://efukt.com/21881_Chuck_Berry_F...n_Hookers.html

Apparently Chuck Berry likes to fart in hookers faces.

Load Metric
    Unpopular Opinion? sure why not. Is MacGyver the greatest show of the 1980's and possibly one of the greatest of all time? I tend to think so.

After finally hooking up a solid internet connection, and loading up netflix on my Samsung Smart TV(trademark samsung 2017) I decided to give MacGyver another run through. Having been born during the shows second season, and being about 7 when it's finale aired, and about 10 when I saw the TV movies, I really only saw the show in syndication on the USA Network throughout the 90's. So, now, with a NesQuick in one hand, and a bowl in the other, it was time. I started with the Pilot episode, which is what I do with any series that I'm about to watch. And holy shit does this show take off running! Not only is Mac thrown into a situation of total chaos, but he's paired with the stunning Darlanne Fluegel (best known for being in Darkman 3: Die Darkman Die, and as Billy Crystals wife in Running Scared.) And as if 1980's cold war tropes aren't good enough for movies like WarGames, MacGyver takes it to another level of cold war by inevitably being up agains the russians numerous times over the shows run (they throw in some arab vilians too, but for the most part, the villains are typical 1980's cold war USSR types).

lets look at how long the show ran for. because that's a staple when it comes to deciding how good a show is. it lasted 7 seasons. that's more than the Sopranos, and almost as many as Seinfeld. think about that. Only in the 1980's Regan era could this happen.

and lastly we come to the iconic Jeep Wranglers that Mac had a tingling for. That's right. Jeep Renegades.

all in all, MacGyver is the greatest show of the 1980s, and if you want to take a trip back to a time when cigarettes were advertised everywhere, michael jordan had hair, then you must take a trip back in time via MacGyver.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Gold
    Load Metric
    Name:  15977701_1416277065097351_8211285618580359410_n.png
Views: 522
Size:  53.9 KB

Comments

Hockey Guy: lol

Load Metric
    As a professional driver, this is f***ing painful to watch.

P.S. FFS, Hockey! Skip around to catch the highlights!

Comments

Hockey Guy: 27+ minutes????? Really??????? Fuck off. Ain't nobody got time for that shit.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 01-19-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    As a professional driver, this is f***ing painful to watch.

lol I can't tell you how many times I've seen a semi downtown get stuck under the El or stuck on lower wacker

Comments

MumblesBadly: I've had a few scares but never topped a trailer.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Banned
    Load Metric

these nuns get lifted and not by jesus.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Hilarious story
    Similar to Druff's freebies and upgrade stories.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 01-19-2017 at 01:24 AM.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    A future topic for debate among PFA's genius trust?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    http://arstechnica.com/science/2017/...ked-to-cancer/

1 in 4 men have genital HPV infections that cause or are linked to cancer
    Researchers suggest boosted vaccination as 45% of men overall had some type of HPV.

Nearly half of all men in the US have some type of genital human papillomavirus infection—and about 25 percent have a type linked to cancer, according to a study appearing Thursday in JAMA Oncology.

The study is the first to look at the prevalence of HPV among American men. Much of the past attention paid to HPV has focused on women, because the virus is the cause of nearly every case of cervical cancer in the US. For this reason, health experts have been recommending since 2006 that girls and young women get vaccinated against HPV.

Experts updated that recommendation to include boys and young men in 2011, but the new study shows that few are actually getting those shots—just 10 percent were vaccinated. But with the new prevalence data, the authors suggest that vaccinating men may not only prevent thousands of cancer cases, but it could also be key to stamping out cancer causing-HPV transmission overall.

In the US, HPV is the most common sexually transmitted infection, with 79 million estimated cases. The virus infects skin cells and mucus membranes around the mouth, throat, genitals, and anus. It’s known to cause skin warts and several types of cancer. These include, as mentioned, nearly all cases of cervical cancers. But it also causes vaginal, penile, anal, throat, and mouth cancers.

The tricky thing about HPV and studying its prevalence is that not all types cause cancer. In fact, many cases cause no symptoms at all and clear up on their own—usually between six to 18 months. A lot of people won't even know that they're infected.

Scientists have found more than 100 strains of the virus and only around 18 or so are known to cause or are associated with cancers. That bunch is designated as “high-risk” strains. The “low-risk” strains are those that either come and go without notice or stick around and show up as warts. The latest vaccine can protect against nine strains, seven behind the vast majority of cancers and two that cause 90 percent of all warts.

To get a better grasp at HPV prevalence and types among American men, researchers analyzed penile swabs from a representative group of 1,868 men between the ages of 18 and 59. The researchers, led by cancer experts at the Womack Army Medical Center at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, found that about 45 percent had at least one type of HPV. That represents 34.8 million men nationwide.

DNA tests showed that 25 percent were infected with at least one type of high-risk strain.

The men also showed an unexpected pattern of infection. Among girls and women, those under the age of 20 are the most likely to be infected, with cases dropping off in the older age groups. But for men, incidence increased with age. In fact, the youngest group, 18 to 22 year olds, had the lowest prevalence of just 28.9 percent. This suggests that older men, as well as younger men, would benefit from vaccination.

The study comes on the heels of reports of increases in incidence of mouth and throat cancers among men, which are largely attributed to HPV infections. Although the study only looked for genital infections (not mouth or throat infections), the new data could offer a useful baseline for gauging the success of vaccination campaigns.

Overall, the study authors conclude that “male HPV vaccination may have a greater effect on HPV infection transmission and cancer prevention in men and women than previously estimated." Additionally, “only when vaccination rates are significantly increased will progress be made in eradicating most HPV-related cancers in the United States.”

JAMA Oncology, 2017. DOI: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2016.6192 (About DOIs).

This post has been updated to add information about the current HPV vaccine.

Thread Information