Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here illegally? Get your Cali driver's license!

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I love when Jews are up in arms over illegals without seeming to remember how their people slowly and illegally infiltrated Palestine. Goyim for that matter as well not seeming to remember that the Pilgrims could be considered Illegal Aliens.

Do you think there will eventually be a national holiday when the border between Mexico and USA comes all the way down similar to Thanksgiving? Only instead of the Native Americans detesting the holiday it will be the few totally white people that are left that detest it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

Hurts when the facts get in the way of your stupidity, doesn't it?
    Yes, it does. But don't blame me, I'm Canadian, we're all dipshits.
    Gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric

Yes, it does. But don't blame me, I'm Canadian, we're all dipshits.
    Gotcha.
    Whatever.

Another indicator of this reversal in the income and tax shares of the top 1 percent is that, as in 2008, the top 1 percent no longer pays a larger percentage of total income tax than the bottom 95 percent. This trend was exacerbated by the aforementioned precipitous drop in AGI in 2009. During 2009, the bottom 95 percent (AGI under $154,643) paid 41.3 percent of the total collected, a larger share than the 36.7 percent paid by the top 1 percent (AGI over $343,947).
    http://taxfoundation.org/article/sum...ome-tax-data-0

I guess you enjoyed reading this story?

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb...ik24-2010feb24
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Gotcha.
    Whatever.

Another indicator of this reversal in the income and tax shares of the top 1 percent is that, as in 2008, the top 1 percent no longer pays a larger percentage of total income tax than the bottom 95 percent. This trend was exacerbated by the aforementioned precipitous drop in AGI in 2009. During 2009, the bottom 95 percent (AGI under $154,643) paid 41.3 percent of the total collected, a larger share than the 36.7 percent paid by the top 1 percent (AGI over $343,947).

Read again what you quoted.

First off, even that article claims that the "bottom 95%" (a tricky of saying everyone but the top 5%) paid 41.3% of total income tax collected.

The top 1% paid 36.7%.

I'd say that's definitely paying your fair share. They're 1% of the population, and yet they are paying almost as much as 95% of the population in taxes. So for every dollar that 95% of the country paid in income taxes in 2009, the richest 1% paid 89 cents. That's more than fair, given that there's 95 times as many people in the first group.

But second, the article mentions that the reason for this drop (the 1% was previously paying more) was "the aforementioned precipitous drop in AGI in 2009". So the rich people took a bath in 2009 (most likely due to the real estate crash), and therefore didn't pay as much in taxes.

Now that the economy has recovered somewhat since then, I bet the 1% is again paying more taxes than the 95%.

Bottom line: Nobody can say the rich aren't paying their fair share. To soak them for even more at this point is simply not fair.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

If this were true, the government would then use said list to prosecute and then deport said "undocumented" people. The truth is that this is part and parcel of a federal government that refuses to enforce immigration law and sues or blackmails states that attempt to do it at the lower levels.
    Reiterating El Gallo's point, why do you think the government does absolutely nothing to deport undocumented people, and is passing laws to ease their way into society? Because as a whole, they are a huge boon to the economy. Sure, some politicians will dole out some anti-immigrant rhetoric to get the racist vote, and some states will pass unconstitutional propositions through popular vote that will be overturned in court.

But all in all, anyone with half a brain with any clout in this country, be it politicians or business people or whatever, know our nation's economic growth needs a steady stream of immigrants providing cheap labor, and they are going to do nothing to disrupt this.

And once you accept that the powers controlling our state are more or less encouraging undocumented immigrants, and they are not going anywhere, it makes sense to integrate them into society, if for no other reason so you can keep track of individuals and tax them.
    As dumb as George W. Bush was, he knew exactly how important illegal immigrants are to this country. They literally allow this country to function. Between 2000 and 2006 when Republicans completely controlled the government, you'll notice they talked a lot about how terrible immigrants were, but never made any legislative moves on the matter.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Whatever.

First off, even that article claims that the "bottom 95%" (a tricky of saying everyone but the top 5%) paid 41.3% of total income tax collected.

The top 1% paid 36.7%.

I'd say that's definitely paying your fair share. They're 1% of the population, and yet they are paying almost as much as 95% of the population in taxes. So for every dollar that 95% of the country paid in income taxes in 2009, the richest 1% paid 89 cents. That's more than fair, given that there's 95 times as many people in the first group.

But second, the article mentions that the reason for this drop (the 1% was previously paying more) was "the aforementioned precipitous drop in AGI in 2009". So the rich people took a bath in 2009 (most likely due to the real estate crash), and therefore didn't pay as much in taxes.

Now that the economy has recovered somewhat since then, I bet the 1% is again paying more taxes than the 95%.

Bottom line: Nobody can say the rich aren't paying their fair share. To soak them for even more at this point is simply not fair.
    That was in response to Anal who said the top 1% paid more than the bottom 95% like it was always like that & would always be like that & that I should read a book.

I just showed him that it's not necessarily like that. It wasn't in 2008 or 2009 & I wouldn't just presume it's like that now, although it very well may be.

All I ever said was there were some(quite a few) very wealthy people who don't pay their share, or any share, & this is true in the US as well as Canada. I see nothing wrong with that statement. I'm not talking about the rich people who do pay their share, but the goofballs like the McCourts.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    All I ever said was there were some(quite a few) very wealthy people who don't pay their share, or any share, & this is true in the US as well as Canada. I see nothing wrong with that statement.
    That's because you are a Canadian dipshit.

You fools can argue about the specifics stats, but like Druff said, it's blatantly obvious that the rich in this country pay more than"their fair share", regardless of the stat/source you use.

Since almost half pay ZERO because they didn't make enough, people in the higher brackets have to make up for it. Or do they have money trees in Canada?

Despite what you might have seen up in moose country, people don't get to just not pay taxes. They can hire creative accountants, but they still take it up the ass. Ask Wesley Snipes and Wilie Nelson what happens when you don't pay your taxes. I bet those two guys have paid more in personal income tax than 80-90% of people in this country, but I guess that still isn't "their fair share." I really hope your Downs gets better. Really, I do.

Please give 3 examples of "very wealthy people" who don't pay "their fair share", and get away with it.

You won't. It's funny how Canadians think they have the slightest clue about the US. I live just as close to you as you do to me. I don't know or give a shit about one thing in or about Canada. Moose. Hockey. Maple Syrup. Why do you have such a hardon about flapping your cock garage about America like you have a fucking clue?

Now is about the time you'll crawl back into your hole.
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Since almost half pay ZERO because they didn't make enough, people in the higher brackets have to make up for it.
    Are you aware that there are taxes besides federal income tax?

And Wesley Snipes didn't go to jail for just not paying taxes. He fraudulently amended previous years' taxes requesting millions of dollars back from the government. Basically, the dumbest possible move.

Please give 3 examples of "very wealthy people" who don't pay "their fair share", and get away with it.
    http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/04/news...xes/index.html

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Since almost half pay ZERO because they didn't make enough, people in the higher brackets have to make up for it.

And Wesley Snipes didn't go to jail for just not paying taxes. He fraudulently amended previous years' taxes requesting millions of dollars back from the government. Basically, the dumbest possible move.
    Yes. But what does that have to do with the discussion? Do illegals pay Federal income tax? No. Medicare tax? SS tax? No. State income tax? No. They take take take, and never give anything back. About the only taxes they pay are sales tax, where it applies. And Jorge the fruit picker isn't buying a new Mercedes any time soon.

If some of you want to pay for their health care, education, food assistance, prisons, make a donation. I DON'T want to. I already have to pay for the lazy dipshits who are Americans, the last thing I want to do is start taking care of every taco belly that jumps the border. Most people aren't anti-immigration, they are anti ILLEGAL immigration.

And dumbasses like Hockeydipshit seem to think that the problem isn't that illegals aren't paying anything, it's that billionaires aren't paying more. It's just so fucking asinine to expect people who are well off to pay ridiculous portions of the tax burden simply because they can afford it, when some aren't paying anything. His solution is to tax them more? Maybe people should just start having their paychecks deposited directly into a government account.

Comments

ftpjesus: Who is John Galt? :)

Load Metric

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/04/news...xes/index.html
    You're gonna argue that Warren Buffet hasn't paid his "fair share" of taxes in his life? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Ok, Bud.

Load Metric
    Do illegals pay Federal income tax? No. Medicare tax? SS tax? No. State income tax? No.
    Of course they do.

"Stephen Goss, chief actuary for the Social Security Administration, told me that undocumented workers contribute about $15 billion a year to Social Security through payroll taxes. They only take out $1 billion (very few undocumented workers are eligible to receive benefits). Over the years, undocumented workers have contributed up to $300 billion, or nearly 10 percent, of the $2.7 trillion Social Security Trust Fund."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/17/ma...anted=all&_r=0

From the non-partisan ITEP-

"Undocumented immigrants currently contribute significantly to state and local taxes, collectively paying an estimated $10.6 billion in 2010 with contributions ranging from less than $2 million in Montana to more than $2.2 billion in California."

"Allowing undocumented immigrants to work in the United States legally would increase their state and local tax contributions by an estimated $2 billion a year."

http://www.itep.org/immigration/

Load Metric
    You're gonna argue that Warren Buffet hasn't paid his "fair share" of taxes in his life? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Ok, Bud.
    Warren Buffet says that he and fellow billionaires are not paying their fair share. I'm going to accept his views on the matter over yours.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Whatever.

The top 1% paid 36.7%.

Druff, i believe you also need to point out that federal income tax is only about 1/2 of the taxes collected in this county...the rest is federal & state payroll taxes, excise taxes, state & local income/sales tax/property tax/license fees. And those taxes are either paid directly by workers, consumers or passed through in product prices and rent...those taxes are not progressive as the income tax and fall disproportionately on the middle class and poor...

also, as i always need to point out in these politcal discussions, Druff & his merely semi-smart propagandist Republicans always focus on the pay side of government without mentioning the benefit side---and if that were tallied up, these so called fiscal conservatives usually draw a disproportionate share of benefits from government by having a court system to enforce contracts, a police force to put away bad guys that would steal his jew gold, fire protection to keep his house safe, a defense industry overfed by the government and a military to protect his heebie homeland, Israel. Druff talks like a libertarian, but lives as a closet welfare queen...

Also, as Dirty B mentioned in this thread, the Republicans have lot of blame to shoulder re: illegal immigration. The first amenesty in the 1980's happend on Regan's watch, which led to a flood of borderjumpers wanting to get in on time to qualify...the Republicans wanted to break the strength of organized labor and a lax immigration policy was part of the plan...

while generally the illegals are hard working and law abiding, their kids grow up here unsupervised and resentful of having so little while the rest of the country seems to have so much...its a receipe for crime and gangs...but the republicans don't live near these illegals generally, so the social problems the illegals cause are not felt by the republicans...their only contact with an illegal is their mexcian cleaning lady, gardener, or busboy at the favorite restaurant...the benefit of illegal immigration to the republicans while the burden to the working class democrats and independants
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 09-14-2013 at 12:18 AM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Warren Buffet says that he and fellow billionaires are not paying their fair share. I'm going to accept his views on the matter over yours.
    He is parroting the mantra of our King. It is so when he gets sick tax breaks, the corrupt Justice Department, under direct control of the King, does not in any way, shape or form come under attack by the King. Say you are all for the policies of the His Majesty and return to his every day dealings knowing he will not be pursued, in fact will be rewarded for his patronage. Bill Gates also falls into this category.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

He is parroting the mantra of our King. It is so when he gets sick tax breaks, the corrupt Justice Department, under direct control of the King, does not in any way, shape or form come under attack by the King. Say you are all for the policies of the His Majesty and return to his every day dealings knowing he will not be pursued, in fact will be rewarded for his patronage. Bill Gates also falls into this category.
    Warren Buffet is apparently psychic. That would explain his success in business. Here he is, "parroting king Obama" in August 2007-

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Tax Rate does not equal Taxes.

Load Metric

Warren Buffet is apparently psychic. That would explain his success in business. Here he is, "parroting king Obama" in August 2007-
    Just like every good lib, words do not EVER equal actions. Always the exact opposite. SAY ANYTHING to make sure the base loves you then screw them and give your friends all the rewards.

If Warren Buffett thinks he should be paying more in taxes, he can. Oh look, I wonder if mr moneybags knows about this: http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r.../gift/gift.htm Yeah B, he probably does. Yet he paid less than his secretary because he has such a big fucking heart. Either you are a blithering idiot or on the goddamn payroll for one of these nutjobs.

Load Metric

I'm not trying to start an argument, but I know you're a smart guy and may know a way to figure this out. Is there any way to calculate the amount that a given dollar is taxed if you follow it from the day that you made it as "income" through to a period of say 20 years where you have been investing said dollar? A regressive formula for a given income bracket that runs the income into a steady rate of return investment that pays capital gains or some such equation?

Also, I agree with 4D that if Buffet wants to give the government more in taxes he could if he wanted to but he doesn't.

Load Metric
    Undocumented people pay a large amount of sales tax. Many of them buy houses through a friend or family member. They send about 20% of their income to Mexico and pay sales tax on 80% of their income because they spend it all. Rich people don't spend all there money and therefor pay sales tax on a very small percentage of their income. Read a book.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    Undocumented people pay a large amount of sales tax. Many of them buy houses through a friend or family member. They send about 20% of their income to Mexico and pay sales tax on 80% of their income because they spend it all. Rich people don't spend all there money and therefor pay sales tax on a very small percentage of their income. Read a book.
    One small problem with that logic.. All the undocumented/illegals getting food stamps and all the other freebies dont pay one fucking dime of sales tax on shit when they use their EBT cards/WIC checks to buy shit at walmart. Uncle Sam loves handing out freebies to them, but damn if your a poor white guy or married couple in a serious bind, due to no fault of your own, and trying to do the right thing they give ya the middle finger and tell ya to fuck off (or in one case I know well back in 97 told my exwife and I {obviously married then} to go have a kid and then come back to ask for help. Fuck we were in serious financial situation and they think we should procreate?? Sorry but I dont follow the n-word/rabbit mentality of popping one out for a check/bigger check).

Thread Information