Thread: Help with Annoying phone Solicitor

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Help with Annoying phone Solicitor

My wife has been getting annoying phone calls 3 or 4 times a day. She's at work and ignores them until this week they started leaving messages. We listened to one and it was an guy with a thick accent saying her loan was approved. She freaks out that someone has her info b/c we just moved and tossed a bunch of old paperwork. We shredded everything but she's paranoid that someone got her info. We call back the number and the same guy answers the phone. My wife starts questioning what info he has and telling him she didn't apply for a loan. Finally the guy starts telling her to suck his cock. This is when I get on the phone and dog cuss him. His English is very bad so he has a hard time understanding my insults and his only insult is "suck my cock". This actually upsets my wife even when I explain it's all fraud they just have her name and number it's some guy in NJ in a basement apartment.

Next day same phone calls and messages. Obviously this guy doesn't remember who he's talked to and cussed out. I decide to call him to apply for a loan and find out the scam. I use my best "Mexican" hablo and find out for a small processing fee of $150 I will get a $2500 loan. He asks for the last 4 of my SS# and in broken English I advised I'm an illegal need money to run drugs. He's cool with that. He explain how to get a Green Dot card at CVS so he can xfer the funds.

I'd really like to keep fucking with this guy since he actually upset my wife. I keep explaining it's not a big deal but it is my wife and I feel it's my duty to cause him a little pain. He's called from a couple different numbers but the one he gave the "Mexican" seems to still work. Sometime when I call he answers just "hello" and sometimes he has some professional business greeting.

He put voicemail on last night around 9pm and it's on now. I guess he doesn't SCAM on weekends.

Maybe Chico can do some threatening calls?

The real question is what is a good strategy to torture this guy. The number he is using now is 409-539-7065. I'll probably starting calling him again on Tuesday after the holiday.

Thanks for any help providing good methods to annoy the shit out of this Turd.

Load Metric
    Call display. Stop answering the phone.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Call display. Stop answering the phone.
    agreed.

If you try to screw with the telemarketers/scammers, you will get even more calls.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm calling from blocked numbers but you both are probably right.

She is now getting calls this morning about grants for a small processing fee. I guess she's got on a list and is screwed for awhile.

Load Metric
    Answer then hang up or dont answer and block. You can send me $25 gdmp for that help.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Answer then hang up or dont answer and block. You can send me $25 gdmp for that help.

I'll pm you my greendot number asap

Load Metric
    The newer Panasonic cordless phones:

Call block (Caller ID subscribers only)

This feature allows the unit to reject calls
    when:
    – the unit receives a call from a phone
    number stored in the call block list as
    unwanted (“Storing unwanted callers”,
    page 32).
    – the unit receives a call without phone
    number (“Blocking incoming calls
    without phone number”, page 32).
    When a call is received, the unit rings for
    a short time while the caller is being
    identified. If the phone number matches
    an entry in the call block list, the unit
    sends out a busy tone to the caller, and
    then disconnects the call.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitting Out View Post

Call block (Caller ID subscribers only)

This feature allows the unit to reject calls
    when:
    – the unit receives a call from a phone
    number stored in the call block list as
    unwanted (“Storing unwanted callers”,
    page 32).
    – the unit receives a call without phone
    number (“Blocking incoming calls
    without phone number”, page 32).
    When a call is received, the unit rings for
    a short time while the caller is being
    identified. If the phone number matches
    an entry in the call block list, the unit
    sends out a busy tone to the caller, and
    then disconnects the call.
    iPhone?

Load Metric
    Depends on which iphone and which software. here is the link to the newest info that will explain it

http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/11/the-ip...king-in-ios-7/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post
    iPhone?
    no, these phones:
    http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model...45B?t=overview

Name:  KX-TG6645B_Front_400.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  23.3 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Call blocking is useless these days, technology has allowed them to use a zillion different numbers to come up on the caller ID even when calling from the same one every time.

Just don't answer it, pretty simple. I get 5 calls a day from all over the country and I just ignore them, if it is anyone who I need to talk to they will leave a message.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Call blocking is useless these days, technology has allowed them to use a zillion different numbers to come up on the caller ID even when calling from the same one every time.

Just don't answer it, pretty simple. I get 5 calls a day from all over the country and I just ignore them, if it is anyone who I need to talk to they will leave a message.
    That's true, unless it's from a private party.

This raises another question too. You, I, and everybody else get these calls all the time. It must pay off for these jerks; there must be some percentage of people who actually respond to them, which only promotes more of it. I hate gov't intervention on almost everything, but I'd be in favor of making a ban to these calls altogether. The "don't call" list has so many loopholes it's useless.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

That's true, unless it's from a private party.

This raises another question too. You, I, and everybody else get these calls all the time. It must pay off for these jerks; there must be some percentage of people who actually respond to them, which only promotes more of it. I hate gov't intervention on almost everything, but I'd be in favor of making a ban to these calls altogether. The "don't call" list has so many loopholes it's useless.
    These telemarketers are getting sneaky. They have come up with a way to disguise their number to make it look like a local number. They called me one time & the call display came up as someone I know & I answered it because I was curious as to why this person would phone me. It wasn't him but was a telemarketer. I happened to see this person a couple days later & told him & he was dumbfounded as to how this happened. I wasn't the first person to tell him that his number had called them.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information