Thread: UFC 164 Henderson vs Pettis

Load Metric

UFC 164 Henderson vs Pettis

Henderson's worse nightmare TJ Grant got injured and Showtimes in. I'm obviously biased but this will be fight of the year, and I'll be there. Can't wait

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Both guys have greatly improved since their epic fight back in WEC. Without the amazing kick from Pettis who knows the outcome might have been different.

The rematch should be incredible and it's about damn time Pettis gets his title shot.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I am hella let down.

Comments

ShadyJ: moronic comment

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    I am hella let down.
    Sucks for Cole Harbour but this will be 1 hell of a scrap. TJ will be next hopefully.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Hopefully the knee is all set and fully healthy by fight time, or well before fight time, I should say. 5 rounds is a long fuckin time, and if there's any issues with that leg, it could be the difference in the fight.

If the knee's good to go, hard not to like Pettis here, even with all the decisions Bendo pulls out of nowhere.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Hopefully the knee is all set and fully healthy by fight time, or well before fight time, I should say. 5 rounds is a long fuckin time, and if there's any issues with that leg, it could be the difference in the fight.

If the knee's good to go, hard not to like Pettis here, even with all the decisions Bendo pulls out of nowhere.
    I think the knee will be fine, but the question is how much training can he do once the knee is fully healed. I know this much know matter how bad the knee is he wont let anyone know and the fight will go on. I wouldnt be shocked to see BH get injured all of a sudden. Its the 1 fight he has never wanted. A guy jumps off the cage like a ninja (bonner voice) and takes your belt, but everytime they bring up his name BH says Pettis isnt deserving.

Pettis even called him out on it he said my name never comes out of BHs mouth which is true.

I still think its a toss up, but with Roufus in his corner Pettis should find a way to win it. People dont realize how dedicated Duke Roufus is to fighting. I follow him on twitter since I've trained with him before and the guy isnt in to anything except fighting. He lives the shit. He said no offense to Cerrone but he knew he would be an easy fight for Anthony, and he can pick apart peoples fighting styles so easily. The Greg Jackson Cerrone. DR is the most underrated trainer in mma. I hope he finally gets the props he deserves when Pettis takes the title.

Load Metric
    In anticipation of the rematch here in Brew City I rewatched the whole fight.

http://www.mmafights.co.vu/2011/07/b...tis-fight.html

Although you could make strong case for 2-2 going into the 4th Pettis was the one stalking him the whole fight. Pettis landed alot more shots and all the significant strikes. Ben won the 1st but after that Pettis was in control the rest of the fight. He made a mistake going for a guillatine in round 4 which Henderson took advantage of and probably stole the round. Round 5 the kick didnt win him the round. Pettis was clearly winning the round and the kick cemented it although if the kick would have been reversed I think Henderson then would have won the round, but if all things are equal the last minute its not that close it goes to Pettis.

If your a mma fan do yourself a favor and watch it again. Damn it was great.

Comments

DJ_Chaps: 2-2 going into the 4th. MORONIC COMMENT

Load Metric
    Red repping me cuz my guy is out and I am let down? LOL faggot.

Comments

sonatine: so bitter about no longer being made

ShadyJ: moronic post

Load Metric
    LDO sonatine

Load Metric
    I see yer still stuck in wetgolin, but won't purr. You call that made? I want none of it.

Load Metric
    thats literally not true. i havent received a wetgolin transmission in over a month.

such are the perks of being a made nigga.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    thats literally not true. i havent received a wetgolin transmission in over a month.

such are the perks of being a made nigga.

Go fag up one of your threads. There's only a few of you fags that even have any idea what you faggots are talking about.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Don't woory, they don't even know WTF they're talking about

Thread Information