Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Itttttttttttttttttttt's time for Dodger baseball

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Itttttttttttttttttttt's time for Dodger baseball

Clayton Kershaw is really sick but is going to attempt to start anyway.

He had a hard time getting through the warmups.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Damnit he's loaded them up in the 3rd.

Definitely not himself today.

Load Metric
    Got out of the 3rd. I know Kershaw really wanted to start this game but I just hope he pitches just a couple more innings and gets some rest.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by newmex102 View Post
    Got out of the 3rd. I know Kershaw really wanted to start this game but I just hope he pitches just a couple more innings and gets some rest.

Esepcially if they score more than 1 run in the 4th.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thank Gd it's just the flu...He's my #1 starter on my fantasy team...Was worried he hurt his arm...

Load Metric
    got another run and Kershaw is resting . Enjoying the game so far.
    Kershaw is also my #1 pitcher in my fantasy league.

Load Metric

Bronze
    Load Metric
    vin scully is god for realz! the last of his kind! i so enjoy listening to him do play by play i have tom hamilton in cleveland, and while hes very good he aint herb score !old time baseball announcers were the best

Bronze
    Load Metric
    druff do you remember when rick monday saved the flag? gee i think reggie smith was in right field who was in left? dusty baker? or was it the other way around f.m.l. im getting old

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by newmex102 View Post
    got another run and Kershaw is resting . Enjoying the game so far.
    Kershaw is also my #1 pitcher in my fantasy league.
    Yeah if Kershaw was seriously injured on opening day I'd prolly go postal...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badbilly32 View Post
    druff do you remember when rick monday saved the flag? gee i think reggie smith was in right field who was in left? dusty baker? or was it the other way around f.m.l. im getting old
    This was one of the worst days of my life since I was probably the biggest Expos fan in the world. Here's the starting lineup for game 5:

Los Angeles Dodgers

1. Lopes 2b
    2. Russell ss
    3. Baker lf
    4. Garvey 1b
    5. Cey 3b
    6. Monday rf
    7. Guerrero cf
    8. Scioscia c
    9. Valenzuela p
    9. Burris p

Montreal Expos

1. Raines lf
    2. Scott 2b
    3. Dawson cf
    4. Carter c
    5. Parrish 3b
    6. White rf
    7.Cromartie 1b
    8. Speier ss
    9. Burris p

I now have to go self medicate & maybe cry a bit.
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 04-05-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    oh wait was young pedro guerrero in cf for the dodgers? christ i forgot he played outfield before becomming a fat first basemen lol wasnt the outfiield smith monday baker at one point before ol pete g.? what a shame those old expo teams were on the verge of becomming a dynasty! there were a shit ton of great ball players on those expo teams carter dawson etc etc

Load Metric
    oh wait was young pedro guerrero in cf for the dodgers? christ i forgot he played outfield before becomming a fat first basemen lol wasnt the outfiield smith monday baker at one point before ol pete g.? what a shame those old expo teams were on the verge of becomming a dynasty! there were a shit ton of great ball players on those expo teams carter dawson etc etc
    The '94 team that got fucked out of the Worlds Series was actually a better overall team. But yeah, how the Expos of the early '80's didn't win a WS is beyond me. I steadfastly believe if they had beaten the Dodgers in '81 they would have won the WS just as L.A. did & maybe a few more times. Of course the nose candy scandal might have derailed that potential dynasty anyway but it is my belief that this loss scarred the team, especially Steve Rogers.
    It's been 31 years but still I have to say: Fuck Rick Monday. Yes I'm still bitter.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Rick Monday's rescue of the American flag occurred in 1976. I was only 4 then, so I don't remember it happening. Obviously a 4-year-old doesn't really follow current events like that.

My dad actually took me to a Dodgers game that year (my first one) against the Expos.

The heartbreaker series where Monday killed the Expos was in 1981, which was the second-to-last time the Dodgers ever won a World Series (the other was in 1988).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Overall, the Dodgers did fairly well today.

The hitting wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible, either. Matt Kemp looked really good (and hit a home run), which is nice to see.

Clayton Kershaw shouldn't have pitched. He was lucky to get out of the 3rd without giving up several runs. I admire the guy's dedication, but when you have a really bad flu, it's the wrong time to pitch a Major League baseball game, no matter how good you are.

Vin Scully still sounding surprisingly good, considering that he'll be turning 85 this year.

Speaking of old people, did Jamie Moyer, who will turn 50 this year, make the Rockies?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Rick Monday's rescue of the American flag occurred in 1976. I was only 4 then, so I don't remember it happening. Obviously a 4-year-old doesn't really follow current events like that.

My dad actually took me to a Dodgers game that year (my first one) against the Expos.

The heartbreaker series where Monday killed the Expos was in 1981, which was the second-to-last time the Dodgers ever won a World Series (the other was in 1988).
    Sorry. When he said rescued the flag I assumed he meant the National League pennant in 1981 from the Expos.
    If this "rescuing the flag" happened in 1976 I have no idea what he was talking about since I'm not up on Dodger history.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Bronze
    Load Metric
    a fan was in th4 bleachers and was about to burn the american flag. right as he was about to light it, rick monday ran up scooped the flag so it couldnt be burned! wow was it really 76,f.m.l. this was the year i really first got into baseball..the yankees would win there first pennant under steinbrenner,and get swept by the big red machine, the late 70's early 80's were my baseball halycion! every year yankees v royals(yes kansas city was a hot bed of baseball then) and the n.l. was phillies v dodgers.........long live bucky fukkin dent and ron guidry

Bronze
    Load Metric
    a fan was in th4 bleachers and was about to burn the american flag. right as he was about to light it, rick monday ran up scooped the flag so it couldnt be burned! wow was it really 76,f.m.l. this was the year i really first got into baseball..the yankees would win there first pennant under steinbrenner,and get swept by the big red machine, the late 70's early 80's were my baseball halycion! every year yankees v royals(yes kansas city was a hot bed of baseball then) and the n.l. was phillies v dodgers.........long live bucky fukkin dent and ron guidry

this is also about the time that steve yeager came out with the throat protector for the catcher

also lets me say for the record while im a die hard yankee fan:
    tommy lasorda=god

Load Metric
    a fan was in th4 bleachers and was about to burn the american flag. right as he was about to light it, rick monday ran up scooped the flag so it couldnt be burned!

I'm actually shocked that this is the first I'm hearing about this.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    a fan was in th4 bleachers and was about to burn the american flag. right as he was about to light it, rick monday ran up scooped the flag so it couldnt be burned!

I'm actually shocked that this is the first I'm hearing about this.

Comments

dwai: n-word loving faggot queer

Thread Information