Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vaporizers for pot

Load Metric

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Highbrow View Post
    I considered titling this thread 'FAO: Avon, vegas, corrigan - vapes', wish I did now lol. Three heavy hitters!

Pax looks slick!
    Im no lightweight

Comments

Deal: clearly

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I recently just started trying to vape coz I have heard about the benefits of it as opposed to smoking. I bought an Ascent for me to try vaping my "green". Although I am curious with the Pax.

I started blogging about vaping and stuff coz it really intrigues me that most people are transitioning to this and thought you guys might find my blog useful. I wrote about what I think of the Davinci Ascent- http://www.whatsyourvapetemp.com/asc...ew-by-davinci/ I want to know more about what vaporizer works best out there but I guess it's really just preference huh.

Comments

bukowski72: I think this is Micon Dupe, but Druff should let it stand

Load Metric
    Another vote for the volcano. I've liked the vaporite desk models I've been around.
    They have a versatile portable setup as well.
    http://vaporitevapes.com/product_budypen_combo.html

Load Metric
    I have used heaps of portable vapes in the last year and they've all pretty much been disappointing.

The Pax is shit, looks great but it's garbage suited to hipsters.
    The mouthpiece is problematic and constantly needs to be lubricated with the special lube you get from Pax. (which is way overpriced)
    The battery is cheap and not even close to what it's rated at... they say 2200mah I think but I reckon it would be lucky to be 500mah.
    The screen is stupid design and does not work properly, the temp settings are analogue and even at the highest setting it struggles to heat the oven properly.
    It's a bitch to clean and always blocks, the mouthpiece gets hot when you use it and you get a mouthful of ash.
    $300 and the whole thing is made from sub standard materials in China.

The Cera was good but it broke after two weeks and they would not give me a replacement or money back.

Snoop Dogg was pretty good for like two days, then it gets blocked and the coil looses it's efficiency, you can buy replacement coils and mouthpieces but they only last a few days.
    The battery is only 400mah and constantly needs charging. It's basically a re branded Grenco.

At the end of the day most of the portable vapes are mostly combustion and compared to a proper stand alone vape like a Volcano there is no comparison. The Volcano is a class above most.

I'm currently using a cheap Cloupor Cloutank M3 dry herb only as the vape head, and using a good quality Spinner II battery which has voltage control to minimise combustion as much as possible, but it's still mostly combustion and not vaporising properly.
    Vape head is $15 and coils are $3 each to replace, and they last quite a while. Battery is $15 and genuinely 1500mah that last days before you need to charge, voltage adjustment works very well. (these are wholesale prices)
    Best thing about the Cloutank M3 is it's simple to clean, all stainless and has a neat function to stoke the oven by just pushing the spring loaded mouthpice.

$30 and it works better then any portable vapes I've used, good strong vape cloud, very efficient I use very little weed... and it doesn't stink either.

Couple of pics.

Name:  SAM_0360.JPG
Views: 687
Size:  274.7 KB

Name:  SAM_0359.JPG
Views: 505
Size:  271.8 KB

Load Metric
    Here's a couple of links if you want to test my cheap portable theory.

Don't buy moulded plastic complete units PLEASE like davinci etc

Both of these sellers are good and their prices are great.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-...873624396.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...049565170.html

$23USD in total and you get 3 coils in total. (2 spare)

Load Metric
    Salty...

The vape pens that "supposedly" vape flower are basically just one step away from a lighter. You are really just burning it, at least that's been my experience as well as many others I've talked to about it.

Like you said, the volcano is in a class by itself. That said, the Vapir One, which I posted in this thread, is a close second. It's basically the same philosophy, but instead of having to use a bag you can just simply draw through a tube, and you also can remove the disc and put it back in when you want, thus not vaping off all of the disc at once. In other words, you can hit it like a bowl so to speak.

A much more expensive less effective version of the Vapir One is the Plenty Volcano, which is basically a portable version of the Volcano, but cheaper. Still insanely expensive though at around $300. Vapir One you can get through Amazon for less than $100, and you can remove the disc like I said. The Plenty does not allow for that.

Vapir One after all these years is still the way to go IMO. Especially if you want something semi portable.

Comments

BHS: Basically a lighter

Load Metric
    Yes, mostly combustion... voltage adjustments helps somewhat.

Looks like a bitch to clean?
    If it's got a power-cord just buy a volcano.

I reckon the M3 tastes better then an open flame, and I use much less.

Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Salty...

The vape pens that "supposedly" vape flower are basically just one step away from a lighter. You are really just burning it, at least that's been my experience as well as many others I've talked to about it.

Like you said, the volcano is in a class by itself. That said, the Vapir One, which I posted in this thread, is a close second. It's basically the same philosophy, but instead of having to use a bag you can just simply draw through a tube, and you also can remove the disc and put it back in when you want, thus not vaping off all of the disc at once. In other words, you can hit it like a bowl so to speak.

A much more expensive less effective version of the Vapir One is the Plenty Volcano, which is basically a portable version of the Volcano, but cheaper. Still insanely expensive though at around $300. Vapir One you can get through Amazon for less than $100, and you can remove the disc like I said. The Plenty does not allow for that.

Vapir One after all these years is still the way to go IMO. Especially if you want something semi portable.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

I agree, it looks like a pain to clean, especially the tube.

Vapir One is very easy to clean, and since it's a true vaporizor it doesn't need cleaning very often. Just brush off the screens of the discs with the provided pipe cleaner and you're good to go. Once in a while hit them with a rubbing alcohol bath. You can also buy a bunch of them for cheap.

Load Metric

Vapir One is very easy to clean, and since it's a true vaporizor it doesn't need cleaning very often. Just brush off the screens of the discs with the provided pipe cleaner and you're good to go. Once in a while hit them with a rubbing alcohol bath. You can also buy a bunch of them for cheap.
    One thing I always try and avoid though, is plastic.
    If it's well made it's often not an issue, but still one of those things I like to avoid.

Volcano is damn expensive.

I think my 2 and 3 pick based on price would be Vape Brothers or Silver Surfer.

There is some new one just released, made by some aerospace dudes and "stupid money" would like to try.

Have you tried the Pax? what did you think if you did?
    I reckon they must give lots of them away for favourable reviews.

Load Metric

If it's well made it's often not an issue, but still one of those things I like to avoid.

There is some new one just released, made by some aerospace dudes and "stupid money" would like to try.

I have tried it. It was ok, but still got that burning taste. I have yet to see a portable vape that compares to anything like what we've been talking about. I'm sure that will change in the next two years. Someone will figure it out. Plus, when oil starts tasting like flower it will be a game changer. I'm not talking artificial flavor either. True terpene extraction re-introduced into the oil... That is coming too.

Load Metric

I have tried it. It was ok, but still got that burning taste. I have yet to see a portable vape that compares to anything like what we've been talking about. I'm sure that will change in the next two years. Someone will figure it out. Plus, when oil starts tasting like flower it will be a game changer. I'm not talking artificial flavor either. True terpene extraction re-introduced into the oil... That is coming too.
    I still like the whole experience of pulling a nice smelly bud apart and chopping it up, extracts/oil/wax has a somewhat sterile feel to it.

All good though.

I need a new standalone, think I'll try and get a Silver Surfer at a good price in the next few weeks.

----
    edit

Bugger it, I'll get a Volcano. Will probably last twice as long.
    Last edited by Salty_Aus; 10-18-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Skated Thru to PFA WP Title BHS's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Bugger it, I'll get a Volcano. Will probably last twice as long.
    Volcano definitely owns for vaping at home with real weed out of a crack balloon but the process always felt kind of funky to me..

I really prefer the medical concentrates using vape pens these days.. the reason the concentrates are awesome is because they are clean, powerful, portable, discreet and low/no hassle. Definitely recommend having one in your arsenal if you're looking to vape outside your house..

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

Silver
    Load Metric
    I've found with oil, at least with BHO, the input is what determines the output. If I run bomb ass flower, I'll get exactly that smell coming out of my oil. Same for good trim.

The only reason there is so much nasty shit, is because people with shitty harvests think they can just blast whatever the have and get rid of it that way. A lot of people buy subpar oil from them that smells like mersh.

Comments

bukowski72: much love for tha expert

vegas1369:

Load Metric
    Super cheap and portable. Works relatively well on a full charge.

http://www.mcig.org/

Comments

vegas1369: That really is a great avatar.

DRK Star: I have one. $13 total. Does a great job for the price.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Alright, I have given this thread enough time. Hoping to hear some decent. If you are not using the Firefly vape for your needs then you are doing it wrong.

For the high ends, I own the Firefly, Pax, Davinci Ascent, Davinci original for wax/brown, Solo port, for my portable means. Firefly is no contest for heating speed, plume, and smell. It is a convection style, which means less burn and odor output. Have never had a problem at concerts or Brewer games with the Fly.

Name:  DDMVrzh.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  13.9 KB

The Firefly is a bit pricey ($225ish) for the novice, but well worth the clean lungs and no stank.

Comments

LegalizeMeth: looks sick. Ive always gone with a MicroG Pen might have to switch over

Silver
    Load Metric
    Thanks for the review. Saw that at the local headshop, wasn't sure if it was really good or just the next flavor of the week.

This coming from a PAX owner who loves his PAX, but is also anal retentive to cleaning that bitch after every few ovens.... my lazy buddy doesn't clean his often, and it is a pain in the ass when you let it get bad.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I use the Firefly every hour on the hour that Im awake. Have only needed to change the screen once in the past 9 months. I do reco that you clean bowl and surface every few seshes.

The only knock I have on it is battery life. You get 3-4 uses(20-30 strong pulls) before the battery is toast. I got the extra battery and external charger to maintain

Load Metric
    do you like it better than the pax? pax is hard to beat

Banned
    Load Metric
    or you could all just smoke joints and quit being such massive pussies

Comments

big dick: awesome avitar

DirtyErnie: dig avatar

Thread Information