Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox one vs. PS4

Load Metric

Xbox one vs. PS4

I'm obv going with the PS4 for this reason alone

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Probably gonna stick with PC gaming, but if I had to buy one I dont see why you'd go the x-box route.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    I am leaning towards buying a PS4 but XBOX is preparing for the end of physical games.

What you can do is go to a friends house, log in to XBOX live, download your game (you don't have to physically bring it with you) play it as much as you like and then when you leave your friend can play for an additional hour before getting locked out.

This is still too restrictive in many ways: people who lack internet connections, military members, etc but also has some brilliant aspects that involve moving the gaming industry forward.

What hasn't been announced and maybe what Microsoft knows is game pricing.

Don't be surprised if games cost $10 to $15 more on PS4 than they do on XBOX. Sure you can share the game but do you want to pay the extra amount for it?

Also Sonatine's picture is misleading because PSN is beginning to charge for online gaming as well.

Load Metric
    Shit like this is going to drive away the casual gamer. Outrageously priced console, games, and "options". Also, lol at XBox doing online checks and restricting the use of used games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Yeah I'm not buying either of those
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Honestly lol @ buying any of these shits.

Everything anyone needed in a video game was brought to the table with Quake 1.

All downhill from there.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Honestly lol @ buying any of these shits.

Everything anyone needed in a video game was brought to the table with Quake 1.

All downhill from there.
    gtfo grandpa troll

Comments

tony bagadonuts: lol

Load Metric
    I want the Xbox One, but I'm pro xbox to playstation and I refuse to convert. I've been talking to a few people and the main concern is that game manufacturers will be behind and there will be few game options (like xbox 360 was). If I ever do get it, I'd wait until the price goes down and all the console bugs are dealt with.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Beebs9Dizzle View Post
    I want the Xbox One, but I'm pro xbox to playstation and I refuse to convert. I've been talking to a few people and the main concern is that game manufacturers will be behind and there will be few game options (like xbox 360 was). If I ever do get it, I'd wait until the price goes down and all the console bugs are dealt with.

Comments

badguy23: hof
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I know all the PC gamer people always shit on the consoles, but I always got sick of having to upgrade my computer everytime the newest game would come out.

I had always been a big PS guy since the release of the first one in '95-'96ish, all the way up to the PS3. I loathed the XBox, but I have to admit, their online service was way superior to Sony's, and unfortunately 95% of my friends had 360, so I eventually succumbed to purchasing one.

Anyways, looks like everyone will be back to PS4 as far as console gaming goes. Really looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division and WatchDogs( which I think is on next gen and the current gen). Both games look absolutely sick.

Load Metric
    Enjoy getting crushed by mouse users.

Load Metric
    Free Yebsite!! He loves Q-bert and was a champ in the PA circuit before the pills got a hold of him!!

Load Metric

anti-gravity mario kart makes me cream myself

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Outrageously priced console
    Huh? The 360 launched at $400 and the PS3 was $500 or $600, depending on the hard drive. Adjusted for inflation, this generation is $75 cheaper.

Everyone is freaking out about used games, but honestly, when was the last time you bought a used game?

People were willing to pay a premium for the PS3 because they got a Blu-Ray player along with their game console, back when Blu-Ray players were $400+ by themselves.

In this new generation, I think people are going to have a very hard time justifying spending an extra $100 on the XBox. The hardware is pretty similar and exclusive titles are getting rarer and rarer.

Load Metric
    In b4 Jailbroken xbox's.

WTF is wrong with you people and the consoles anyway? I haven't had one since the 90's. So pointless but B is right, the only reason to get a playstation would be for a blu ray player, but those are cheap now too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Outrageously priced console
    Huh? The 360 launched at $400 and the PS3 was $500 or $600, depending on the hard drive. Adjusted for inflation, this generation is $75 cheaper.

Everyone is freaking out about used games, but honestly, when was the last time you bought a used game?

People were willing to pay a premium for the PS3 because they got a Blu-Ray player along with their game console, back when Blu-Ray players were $400+ by themselves.

In this new generation, I think people are going to have a very hard time justifying spending an extra $100 on the XBox. The hardware is pretty similar and exclusive titles are getting rarer and rarer.
    90% of the games I buy are used. Why wouldn't you buy used? Even if there's a brand new game you want, you can usually find it 2-3 days after it's released used for 5-10 dollars cheaper.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

90% of the games I buy are used. Why wouldn't you buy used? Even if there's a brand new game you want, you can usually find it 2-3 days after it's released used for 5-10 dollars cheaper.

LOL u play it on your sisters bed?? Fucking

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I used to play some video games but once I got into poker I lost interest for them. The only games I play are on my phone or maybe some older games with emu's on my pc but that's about it. I can't remember the last console system I bought I believe it was the first playstation.

Oh, I'm not sure wtf this game on facebook is called Candy Crush but I get that shit blowing up my news feed too much and people begging for lives in the game? Sounds like it should be called Crack Rock instead.

Thread Information