Thread: WSOP.com software launches

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like my story about their launch wasn't as far off as Seth Palansky claimed. I guess he was just preparing everyone for the worst-case scenario of barely getting it running by early July.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also I suggest everyone go pre-register if even you aren't planning upon playing. I just got this e-mail from Seth Palansky (sent out to all poker media):

OVER $700,000 UP FOR GRABS FOR PLAYERS WHO SIGN UP FOR WSOP.com ONLINE POKER WHILE AT THE WSOP

36 WSOP SEATS WORTH $182K TO BE WON STARTING TODAY!

Plus, ‘Hot Seat’ Random Prizing Will Occur to Lucky Players Whose Seat is Drawn

LAS VEGAS (May 29, 2013) – The success of the World Series of Poker is due in large part to the overwhelming participation of players from all over the world, who consistently flock to the annual poker championship events to test their mettle on poker’s largest stage. This year, players must add one new thing to their list of things to do while at the Rio.

Head to the Lambada Room or look for one of the friendly WSOP.com ladies walking the WSOP footprint and be sure to sign up for a free, personal WSOP.com online poker account.

Once signed up, WSOP attendees will have the opportunity to grab a piece of the more than $700,000 being distributed to WSOP.com pre-registered players.

“Being the online brand extension of the World Series of Poker affords us the exclusive opportunity to offer players unique promotions that integrate the offline and soon-to-be online offerings of the WSOP,” said Michael Staskin, vice president of marketing and brand for Caesars Interactive Entertainment, Inc., the owner of WSOP.com. “We are incredibly excited about WSOP.com’s upcoming launch of real money poker in Nevada and rewarding players who have always shown their loyalty and passion for the World Series of Poker brand.”

36 WSOP SEATS UP FOR GRABS

Starting today, players 21 years of age and older who sign up for a WSOP.com account will automatically be entered into our “36-Seat Giveaway” where the randomly-selected winner will win a seat into the next day’s first WSOP gold bracelet event. One of the events in this promotion is the $111,111 One Drop High-Rollers No-Limit Hold’em tournament that is expected to feature a $10,000,000 prize pool. In total, $182,333 in WSOP seats, including a seat to the WSOP Main Event is being given away during this one-of-a-kind WSOP.com promotion.

Thus, it is important to sign up today to be eligible for all 36 drawings!

WSOP.com HOT SEAT

In addition to the 36-Seat Giveaway, a “Hot Seat” promotion will allow any player who signs up for a WSOP.com online account and wears their WSOP.com patch on their chest at the table, to be randomly selected to receive 500 bonus dollars deposited directly into their WSOP.com online account, once WSOP.com has received all regulatory approvals.
    With 62 WSOP gold bracelet events and three winners promised for the Main Event, this promotion includes $32,000 worth of value to players participating.

THE ONLINE NINE AND THE WSOP.COM ONLINE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Lastly, WSOP.com is thrilled to introduce the “Online Nine” and the “WSOP.com Online Championships” with an unbelievable $500,000 in added money to be given away.

It all starts with “The $100K Freeroll.” Anyone who signs up for a WSOP.com online account at the WSOP is automatically entered into a $100,000 Freeroll planned for October. This online poker tournament will be Event #1 of the WSOP.com Online Championships. There will be no cost to enter but players will need to be in Nevada to participate.

The winner of the $100K Freeroll will not only win the largest portion of the prize pool, but also become the first member of the “Online Nine” competing for an additional $100,000 as part of the offline WSOP Main Event final table “November Nine” festivities at the Rio November 4-5, 2013.

For eight consecutive nights following the $100K Freeroll, WSOP.com will hold online tournaments for those in Nevada with added money going into the prize pool. Those eight tournaments will feature a combined $300,000 in additional money from WSOP.com. The winners of these eight tournaments will become the remaining members of the “Online Nine” and win their way to the “Online Nine Champions Freeroll” at the Rio on November 4 and 5.

On November 4th, the “Online Nine” will begin their one-table finale, and play down online to two players. The final two players return on November 5th, to play down to the winner. The heads up match will play out live on the featured table on the Penn & Teller Theater stage, preceding the November Nine final battle.

So with a $100,000 Freeroll, $100,000 in prize money for the Online Nine Champions Freeroll, plus $300,000 in additional money added prizing, the WSOP.com Online Championships will be the richest online poker event ever in Nevada with $500,000 being awarded from WSOP.com.

Add the $182,333 in the 36-Seat Giveaway and the $32,000 in the Hot Seat drawings, and players at the Rio during the WSOP this year are looking at more than $700,000 in incentives to be part of the brand new online poker market in Nevada, via WSOP.com

The website WSOP.com remains the hub for all World Series of Poker events, including the latest news, results, live streaming, photos and information from the 44th Annual World Series of Poker. But in due time, WSOP.com will also give birth to the largest legal online poker room in Nevada. Stay tuned for launch details.

The 2013 WSOP marks the 44th running of the game’s most prestigious annual tournament. In 2012, the WSOP generated 74,766 entries, the second-most ever, from 101 different nations. Players competed for more than $222 million in prize money – the most ever – as a total of 61 championship gold bracelets, globally recognized as the game’s top prize, were awarded.

To view the entire schedule, visit WSOP.com/2013, where you will be able to download event structures, pre-registration forms and even link it to your Facebook, Twitter or other social network sites.

WSOP.com intends to offer real-money online poker to individuals 21 years of age or older and inside Nevada only after receiving all required regulatory approvals.

Not sure if you have to sign up in person to be eligible for this, or if you can do it by just signing up online through wsop.com.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Looks like my story about their launch wasn't as far off as Seth Palansky claimed. I guess he was just preparing everyone for the worst-case scenario of barely getting it running by early July.
    It's not launched, that's the play-money site
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    It's not launched, that's the play-money site
    Oh.

Then that explains why you have to be at the WSOP to pre-register, I guess.

Haven't downloaded the software yet.

Load Metric
    I actually have a theory on why they won't launch until after the WSOP. It's probably either completely wrong, or wrong in that the WSOP has thought about this, but who knows, it could be spot on.

Basically launching during the WSOP is the worst thing a site could do for two reasons:

#1: the online tables will be populated by sharks and any casual players that do signup will quickly become disillusioned
    #2: once the WSOP ends traffic plummets and your launch looks like a failure

Load Metric
    Some people have access to real money play while others do not.

One guy just deposited via credit card!

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...games-1337364/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    lol looks like another Caesar's fail.

The Mac version seems to be prematurely offering real money, while the Windows version isn't.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
    Some people have access to real money play while others do not.

One guy just deposited via credit card!

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...games-1337364/
    seems like that one guy is leveling or has a hiccup in his registration that gave him access

Load Metric

lol looks like another Caesar's fail.

The Mac version seems to be prematurely offering real money, while the Windows version isn't.
    Doh'

The software is nice tho.

Load Metric
    I have a mac and I am getting a 404 error when trying to go to the download page. sweet launch.

Load Metric
    Haven't been up to date with the world of online poker these days but this sounds like good news. However, a return of online poker just makes living in the state of Utah that much more unbearable.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post
    Haven't been up to date with the world of online poker these days but this sounds like good news. However, a return of online poker just makes living in the state of Utah that much more unbearable.
    post less
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Avatars are horrible. The "black guy" avatar already tilts me.

And already getting the "rigged" in chat. Like old times.

Load Metric

Unhappy

Dear Erik,

When Benny Binion created the World Series of Poker here in Nevada back in 1970, he envisioned a poker event that celebrated the players and championed the competitiveness of the game.

The WSOP Tradition
    For over four decades, the World Series of Poker has focused on carrying Binion's legacy of providing players with a world-class poker experience unmatched anywhere. Hundreds of thousands of players have traveled to the World Series of Poker to be a part of its rich tradition. Many have come away with undreamed riches. Some have become legends.

Today, it is with great pride that we enter a new era in World Series of Poker history as we bring over 40 years of prestige and tradition into the online space with the launch of the WSOP.com real money poker platform.

WSOP.com: Your Home for Legal, Real money Poker Online
    Like those who participated in that first WSOP back in 1970, you are invited to pioneer a new age of legal, real money online poker at WSOP.com.

To celebrate the launch of WSOP.com, we have a lot of exciting offers and events planned for our new online community that will be detailed in a series of upcoming emails.

For those of you who registered a WSOP.com real money account early, we've organize a special tournament.

Just for You: The $100K Freeroll
    Only players like you, who register a real money account with WSOP.com before July 31st, are eligible to play in The $100K Freeroll on October 25th.

You'll have 30 days to make your first deposit after we open for real money play, to claim your $100,000 Freeroll claim ticket.

WSOP.com belongs to you, the player, so feel free to let us know what you like and don't like by emailing us at support@wsop.com. I assure you that we take every comment into consideration and that you will receive a prompt response.

Thank you for allowing us to be your home for legal, real money online poker.

See you on the virtual felt!

Ty Stewart,
    Executive Director
    WSOP

???

Load Metric
    Apparently, "today" was meant figuratively.

Thread Information