Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Thread: *** Official WSOP 2013 Discussion/Rail Thread

Load Metric
    Ronnie Bardah (who I believe played with Druff at a limit event this year) just busted AA vs KcTc aipf.

Jc9d7d flop, 6c turn, Qc river.

So my question is (for everyone minus Druff):

-Do you feel worse in Druff's spot busting fairly close to the $ so you get $0 back. However a hand you could have played differently....
    -Busting with 120 people and change left playing it 100% correct and you got it in really good with the best hand in poker.

Problem with Druff's hand is it fueled a "what-if" fire where he ranted on twitter + wrote about a dozen 500 word essays + got into a few squabbles and likely wasted about 6-7 hours of time on the message boards.

However bottom line for me is busting out with AA with ~120 people left is by far worse. I would likely go sleep for a day straight and pull up the socks and go back to work a day later.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    68 left in the main event and only Jackie Glazier is left for the women.

Some notables left: Yevgeniy Timoshenko, David Benefield, Noah Schwartz, Jonathan Jaffe, JC Tran, Carlos Mortensen, Mark Newhouse, Vitaly Lunkin, and Brett Richey (short).

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Newhouse still hanging around. Pokernews seems to think he has 47K in lifetime winnings.

Load Metric
    Steven Gee just doubled going for b2b Oct/Nov 9s FT... Pretty sick accomplishment if he pulls it off...
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Load Metric
    Lindh raises from early pos to 225,000. NEWHOUSE calls from the button

Flop is 10h 4h Kd

Lindah bets 260,000. Newhouse calls

Turn 6c

Lindh checks, Newhouse bets 460,000

River Ac

Lindh bets out 1,475,000

Newhouse CALLS with QxJx (THE NUTS) and both players have QJ and chop the pot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

Flop is 10h 4h Kd

Turn 6c

River Ac

Lindh bets out 1,475,000

Maybe there was a flush possibility and Pokernews reported it wrong.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

Flop is 10h 4h Kd

Turn 6c

River Ac

Lindh bets out 1,475,000

Maybe there was a flush possibility and Pokernews reported it wrong.
    There would have to be or else newhizzle would have gotten a one round penalty...you cannot just call with the nuts last to act heads up on the river.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    WSOP 2013 Top 30?

Who I would like to win: Newhouse, Yevgeniy Timoshenko, David Benefield, Carlos Mortensen

One of the best/crazy/worst hands of all time where they cut the best reactions:

Comments

BeerAndPoker: For reminding me of that crazy hand in your spoiler

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ^^^^ - That is one classic and super rare hand in your spoiler and happened to me once online several years back in an MTT and I'm not sure I will ever see it again when playing.

About a handful of known players left if you follow poker online otherwise the most well known names to the majority would probably be Carlos Mortensen and perhaps JC Tran.

It's crazy David Benefield who never played that many mtts and plays poker very rarely now is really deep but a shortie coming into tomorrow.

Comments

bukowski72: JC Tran always seemed too much of a cocky dick so not a big fan

ShadyJ: just found the rep button your the man

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    old(er) school gossip that Druff may know since he played with her a lot -- didn't Liz Lieu always mention J.C Tran during her big tournament runs?

No mention on her twitter:
    https://twitter.com/LizLieu

Then again maybe she did:

Load Metric
    J.C. Tran ($8.9 million in tournament winnings)
    Carlos Mortensen ($10.8 million in tournament winnings)

They must be huge favorities to make the final table.
    Unless they fuck up or receive some bad beats.

Comments

Deal: There are no huge favorites in a 27 man sng. luck >> skill difference of players

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mortensen gets Hellmuth's approval.

Nobody is a real favorite it will be a huge grind today with players knowing what is at stake but the handful of short stacks will need to go big or go home soon today.

The chip leader Anton Morgenstern has 7.8 mil more then the guy in second so he is in a good place to put pressure on chipping up more and without a Scotty Nguyen like blowup should be able to make the final table.

It's still G-A-Y that they wait several months to play the final table. The endorsements players can get in between could help a little but your on such a rush I'd still rather just play it out especially if I felt a few players left I had good edges on since those players can easily get lots of training in several months time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes, I agree it's odd that she's not mentioning JC Tran on her Twitter. They were indeed once good friends.

Liz doesn't appear to play much poker anymore. I haven't seen her at a cash game in several years, and her tournament record is almost nonexistent since 2009:

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=44212

She isn't losing -- she just isn't entering, for the most part.

I never liked Liz. She showed up out of nowhere at the Commerce 300-600 game. Nobody knew or understood where she got her bankroll. Some theorized it was from a divorce or family money. She was actually a decent player, but a complete bitch. She snapped at me several times at Commerce for no good reason, and I had never done anything bad to her or said/written anything bad about her at the time.

Finally I got some "payback" when she made a really weird deal at a small Commerce tournament to officially be declared the winner, despite taking 2nd place money. Yes, you read that right. She had 40% of the chips heads up, and asked the guy if she could be listed as 1st, and would give him the 1st place money if that could be done. He agreed. The Hendon Mob stats below don't reflect the true payouts:

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=16307

Tournament reporter Max Shapiro reported this, and I subsequently made a big deal about it on NWP -- both because I was at the final table of that tournament (I finished 8th, as you see above). Liz talked Max into deleting and rewriting the article to not mention the strange deal, but it was too late. I had already jumped on the story.

I would have reported this no matter who it involved (because it was both interesting and kinda shady), but I took pleasure in the subject being Liz, due to how she had treated me at Commerce for the past year.

She was furious at me over this, and complained to Dustin/neverwin (whom she was kinda friends with at the time) about it. As you might have guessed, she wanted the 1st place title for publicity purposes (this was early 2006 when poker endorsement potential was at its peak), which is why she gave up the extra money to be falsely declared the winner. She had not won a tournament up until that point.

A year later, she legitimately won her first tournament -- also at Commerce.

She also tried very hard to cover up her age and liked to pretend she was in her 20s. She is now a few weeks away from turning 41, and even in 2006 was in her mid 30s.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Ronnie Bardah (who I believe played with Druff at a limit event this year) just busted AA vs KcTc aipf.

Jc9d7d flop, 6c turn, Qc river.

So my question is (for everyone minus Druff):

-Do you feel worse in Druff's spot busting fairly close to the $ so you get $0 back. However a hand you could have played differently....
    -Busting with 120 people and change left playing it 100% correct and you got it in really good with the best hand in poker.

Problem with Druff's hand is it fueled a "what-if" fire where he ranted on twitter + wrote about a dozen 500 word essays + got into a few squabbles and likely wasted about 6-7 hours of time on the message boards.

However bottom line for me is busting out with AA with ~120 people left is by far worse. I would likely go sleep for a day straight and pull up the socks and go back to work a day later.
    Painful beat, but mine still feels worse. At least Bardah still got paid some decent money, and he wasn't deep stacked at the time, anyway.

I busted 88th due to a lost race in 2010, and this year felt much worse, even though my potential to make huge money was much greater then (because there were 88 people left, rather than over 800). Maybe I would have felt differently if I got in AA vs KT preflop all-in, as mine that year was a fairly standard situation (QQ losing to AK).

But at least Bardah didn't play all of this time for nothing. I think he got about 50 or 60k, right? Also, as far as I could tell, he never had a dominating stack.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Since not everyone reads the lock poker thread I'll post this here as well:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mark Newhouse is the new chip leader. Obviously great to win flips.

First he 4 bet jams AQ pre and gets called by 88 then hits a queen.

Then a few minutes after that he makes a miracle flop:

Hand #90: Anton Morgenstern raised to 325,000 in the hijack and Mark Newhouse called on the button. The flop came down {A-Hearts}{A-Spades}{2-Spades} and Morgenstern continued for 425,000. Newhouse called to see the {3-Hearts} turn where Morgenstern bet 750,000. A raise to 2 million came from Newhouse, Morgenstern came back over the top to 3.9 million, and Newhouse shoved for 10.095 million. Morgenstern called.

Morgenstern: {A-Clubs}{J-Clubs}
    Newhouse: {2-Hearts}{2-Diamonds}

Newhouse led with deuces full of aces and dodged Morgenstern's river outs as the {4-Clubs} river not only gave Newhouse the pot, but the chip lead, too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Hand #90: Anton Morgenstern raised to 325,000 in the hijack and Mark Newhouse called on the button. The flop came down {A-Hearts}{A-Spades}{2-Spades} and Morgenstern continued for 425,000. Newhouse called to see the {3-Hearts} turn where Morgenstern bet 750,000. A raise to 2 million came from Newhouse, Morgenstern came back over the top to 3.9 million, and Newhouse shoved for 10.095 million. Morgenstern called.

Newhouse led with deuces full of aces and dodged Morgenstern's river outs as the {4-Clubs} river not only gave Newhouse the pot, but the chip lead, too.
    Don't understand morgensten's reraise on turn. I'm calling turn and check calling river.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Don't understand morgensten's reraise on turn. I'm calling turn and check calling river.
    That's how Morgenstern became chip leader, super aggressive raising, now I seriously
    doubt that he makes final table. Also, some idiots at PokerNews picked him to win.

I bet Micon is there railing Mark Newhouse.

J.C. Tran and Carlos Mortensen in good position to make final table.

This is more than just some regular tourney or SitNGo.

Load Metric

Hes probably thinking hes against a worse ace since he flatted pre. The only hands hes worried about are a2 and 22 or a light float from 45 with a back door fl draw.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Hes probably thinking hes against a worse ace since he flatted pre. The only hands hes worried about are a2 and 22 or a light float from 45 with a back door fl draw.
    Just cant imagine worse ace playing it that strong so deep.

Thread Information