Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official WSOP 2013 Discussion/Rail Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshott74 View Post
    Bobby Bellande busto in the one drop.

Bellande Gets it in Drawing Dead; Busts Shortly After

Jean-Robert Bellande and Yevgeniy Timoshenko were heads up on a board of . Bellande checked, Timoshenko moved all in for 217,000 (roughly a pot-sized bet), and Bellande called.

Timoshenko showed for trip kings, and Bellande tried to muck his hand. He was forced to show the , however, and was drawing dead. Timoshenko doubled to 670,000, while Bellande was left with 415,000.

A few hands later, after losing roughly half of his stack Bellande three-bet shoved for 227,000 out of the small blind after Jason Senti raised to 25,000 out of the cutoff. Senti called.

Senti flopped a set when the dealer fanned , and improved to quads when the turned. A meaningless completed the board, and Bellande hit the rail.

Jean-Robert Bellande
    Jean-Robert Bellande @BrokeLivingJRB
    "Out of 1-drop. Thanks for all the well wishers."June 27 2013
    It looks as if the only reason JBR has been alive these last few years is the Dan Bilzerian money truck:

Dan Bilzerian ‏@DanBilzerian 21 Jun

Just heard the retard I'm staking in poker who is currently down 600k on the stake,shows up with 1300 shoes on $ a new Range Rover #blackguy

Jean-Robert Bellande ‏@BrokeLivingJRB 25 Jun

Woke up busted, out of action and depressed. No $, No 1-drop, and on Monday..., No Range Rover. #brokedepression

Dan Bilzerian ‏@DanBilzerian 45m

Incase anyone was wondering @BrokeLivingJRB is the worst pony to live, if youre a hooker & have aids I'll pay 10k to #putmysickhorsedown

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshott74 View Post
    Bobby Bellande busto in the one drop.

Bellande Gets it in Drawing Dead; Busts Shortly After

Jean-Robert Bellande and Yevgeniy Timoshenko were heads up on a board of . Bellande checked, Timoshenko moved all in for 217,000 (roughly a pot-sized bet), and Bellande called.

Timoshenko showed for trip kings, and Bellande tried to muck his hand. He was forced to show the , however, and was drawing dead. Timoshenko doubled to 670,000, while Bellande was left with 415,000.

A few hands later, after losing roughly half of his stack Bellande three-bet shoved for 227,000 out of the small blind after Jason Senti raised to 25,000 out of the cutoff. Senti called.

Senti flopped a set when the dealer fanned , and improved to quads when the turned. A meaningless completed the board, and Bellande hit the rail.

Jean-Robert Bellande
    Jean-Robert Bellande @BrokeLivingJRB
    "Out of 1-drop. Thanks for all the well wishers."June 27 2013
    It looks as if the only reason JBR has been alive these last few years is the Dan Bilzerian money truck:

Dan Bilzerian ‏@DanBilzerian 21 Jun

Just heard the retard I'm staking in poker who is currently down 600k on the stake,shows up with 1300 shoes on $ a new Range Rover #blackguy

Jean-Robert Bellande ‏@BrokeLivingJRB 25 Jun

Woke up busted, out of action and depressed. No $, No 1-drop, and on Monday..., No Range Rover. #brokedepression

Dan Bilzerian ‏@DanBilzerian 45m

Incase anyone was wondering @BrokeLivingJRB is the worst pony to live, if youre a hooker & have aids I'll pay 10k to #putmysickhorsedown

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have told this story many times on radio, but Bobby Bellande is a fucking genius when it comes to getting people to stake him.

First off, you should keep in mind that many of his "broke" stories are exaggerated for comedy effect. He's kind of like Rodney Dangerfield in that respect -- using the "I'm a loser" gag for both humor and to get others down on their luck to relate to him.

But unlike Dangerfield (who was very successful in real life), Bellande's stories also have an element of truth to them. He does mostly play poker on other people's money.

The amazing thing is how he has managed to do this for something like 8-9 years now.

I first encountered Bobby in early 2006, at the Party Poker cruise. Many poker players were on the same LA-Ft Lauderdale flight. This was a red-eye flight that arrived at about 7am. Anyway, a few of us were playing Chinese waiting to get on the boat at 11am, and Bobby mentioned that he flew to Lauderdale with neither a spot on the cruise nor any kind of bankroll to play the $10k tournament on board. I thought he was joking at first, but he wasn't. He said that he chose this flight because he knew poker players would be stuck in the airport for a few hours, waiting until they could board the ship.

He kept standing up from the Chinese game to go to "work", and finally found a live one in Fabrice Soulier.

He chose Fabrice because he was alone, and therefore had a "second spot" open in the room. See, each person got a room for two as part of their package, meaning that a sole traveler could take another person for free. Fabrice took no one, and Bobby saw that. Bobby was looking for guys walking around by themselves. He at first approached Steve Zolotow about it, but Steve said that he wanted to find a woman in the airport and offer her a free cruise (he wasn't joking, either). Fabrice was hesitant, and insisted, "I don't want a roommate." He finally agreed when Bobby convinced him to let him be a roommate-in-name-only, getting him aboard, but to where he wouldn't really stay in the room.

From that point, Bobby went to work on young Devin Miller. Devin, who was staying with neverwin, had a nice suite. Bobby first convinced Devin to let him sleep on the couch. Once aboard the ship, Bobby also convinced him to stake him for the $10k event. Bobby also lost $80k to Devin playing Pac-Man (I'm not joking), but I don't know if he ever paid (probably not). Devin ended up finishing 6th in the tournament. Bobby didn't cash.

As an added bonus, Bobby hooked up with one of the few single girls on board. Almost all of the girls on the cruise were there with boyfriends/husbands, but he found a 19-year-old girl who was with her dad. She was a former bodybuilder, and at one time had one of those super-muscular bodies, but she had been out of the whole scene for about a year by that point, and no longer had that look. Overall, she was fairly hot. She even briefly showed up on NWP before disappearing.

Unrelated, but this cruise also marked the initial appearance of Chantel McNulty in the mainstream poker world. She was with her then-boyfriend, but Dustin "connected" with her during that cruise while her boyfriend was off playing poker, and eventually she broke up with her boyfriend and Dustin ended his engagement so they could be together.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, and at the $2500 Limit event, that Danny Le guy is a longtime fish at Commerce, playing a very wild, aggressive style that makes you love or hate him at your table, depending upon both your position and cards.

I first encountered him at Commerce in 2003, where I had my worst 40-80 session of my life, dropping $5k. He was to my direct left. Since then, I have tried very hard to get position on him. I played with him again in 2012, when he said he "recognized" me but wasn't sure I was the same guy. I told him it was because I got older and had a beard, but he bluntly told me that it was because I gained weight that he didn't immediately recognize who I was. This was actually part of the reason I decided in January to lose weight. Le himself had also gained a little weight (though not as much as me), and had also improved his game, but was still prone to playing wild and very loose depending on his mood.

I can see how Danny Le could accumulate a mountain of chips in a tournament if he runs super-well, as he plays a lot of hands, chases, and in general is very aggro. However, this is bad strategy once it gets down to the end, as you're more likely than not to chunk everything off while everyone is playing very tight.

Danny Warchol, who is currently virtually tied in chips with Le, was the bubble boy at the 2013 $5k event. I knocked him out. He was partially to blame for his own bubbling, as he got REALLY drunk during the event, and his play predictably went downhill. He actually predicted his own bubbling (calling himself "Michael Buble") when there were about 23 people left (18 cashed), despite having chips at the time. I hope for his sake that he isn't doing the same for this event. I actually hope he does well here, as he was a nice kid.

Maria Ho caught fire pretty much after beating me with that A5 vs AA hand, continued to smack people down at the table, busting Andrew Yip, who came in with a ton of chips in Day 2, before the money. She is still in the event, but isn't high in chips and needs some luck to make the final table.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Bitch alert
    She wrote a blog about it which makes much more sense why she demanded to see this guys cards.

http://therealmander.blogspot.com/20...l#.Uc2tPW0m0YN

Half Truths in the Media. Who Woulda Thunk It
    11:00 AM Amanda Musumeci No comments
    Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook

So, for those who have not seen or witnessed the lashing I'm getting on twitter, here is an update.

Yesterday, while playing in a $1500 event at Rio, a PokerNews reporter took some extremely selectively worded notes on a hand that went down at my table. The exchange that was noted within the article that was thereby produced on the PokerNews website cast me in a very negative light, and honestly I think it is quite unfair and unethical reporting(to knowingly post partial information to paint an ugly picture of someone just so they can say they have an interesting story on a notable player in level 1 when little else of interest is happening).

I'm here to give the entire scope of the situation that had really occurred, as opposed to the partial story that most of you may have read online.

My opponent, who was in position, put in a bet on the river, which I called. I, without any intention of asking this gentleman to table his hand, tabled my own since I could tell by his body language that I had the winner.

After tabling my hand, my opponent showed his cards to his half of the table. It was at this point that I requested to see my opponents cards. See, when I'd called the gentleman's three barrels down to the river, I'd felt like he had stone air. When he showed half the table his cards, it made me feel like he had a hand with some value. And while typically I wouldn't ask an opponent to table a losing hand in this spot, I felt that since he'd shown half the table, and since that action indicated that he may have a different type of hand than I was reading him for, I, in all fairness, and within the framework of WSOP rules, asked my opponent to then table his hand. If half the table was going to be privy to the information, than I felt it only fair that I get the same information.

The man expressed that he did not want to show me his cards. I told him that if he shows half the table, then I want to see them and that the rules stated I could. He remarked with a smirk... "Have you ever played a tournament before sweetie?" I respond with, "I have, sir. Have you?"

The man then demanded that the dealer call the floor for a ruling. I asked the man, "Do we really want to waste time on calling the floor?" The man insisted that he wanted to hear the ruling from the floor man.

Conveniently, there was a floor man only a table length away behind mine, and so we called the floor over.
    The floor agreed that the hand would need to be tabled, and thus it was.

The way that this article was composed by PokerNews was extremely unforgiving and was without complete information or detail of the particular spot.

Many who have played with me more recently may have noticed that I've actually taken the mouthiness out of my arsenal at the table for the most part. While I used to use my chirp to help establish my table image... it's something that I've actually taken out of my game. I've been using other methods to get establish the desired image. While I don't want to give up my strategy info, I'd say that anyone who has played with me lately would have seen a major contrast in my table behavior as compared to what it used to be. I've been wearing headphones and not really engaging my table as much as I used to.

I've grown quite a bit since the footage of WSOP Main Event in 2011. It sucks that articles like this aim to disseminate information that is either incorrect or written in a style that only allows for the biased notes taken by a reporter who clearly didn't like the story as much when all the info was present. I know that this reporter witnessed the whole hand, so it sucks to know that they intentionally chose to present it the way they had. Presenting only 50% the information made me look 100% like a jerk.

I'd absolutely agree with anyone who read the article and felt that I was an ass. But again, it wasn't written to show the public the full and uneventful story that it truly was.

Can any pro tell me that if someone showed half the table a hand that you called 3 barrels with, that they wouldn't then request to see the hand? Not sure I know of anyone with enough "poker etiquette" to fade curiosity given the situation.

Thanks for reading.
    To me it sounds like classic Pokernews bed shitting and selective writing which they are famous for.
    The blog is deleted for some reason, but now a copy of it is on Cardplayer (and quoted in its entirety above, anyway):

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-blog...oulda-thunk-it

I mostly believe her, but I have been in some version of this situation many times before, and there's one thing I don't understand.

Why didn't someone just tell her what he showed, if "half the table" saw?

Here's what typically goes down when a player flashes his cards to one side of the table:

1) Player flashes cards to 1 or more other people.

2) Someone on the other side of the table asks, "What did he have?"

3) Either the player says it, or one of the people who saw answers.

4) Situation is over, nobody gets pissed, everyone moves on.

So is she trying to tell us that something like 4 others saw the guy's hand, and yet nobody would tell her what he had, despite all of the arguing?

That's a bit hard to swallow, though it's also hard to believe she'd write a whole blog and outright lie, when there are 8 others who could respond and call her out for bullshitting.

I have to say that it's likely she's telling the truth, but the whole thing is still a bit weird.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

She wrote a blog about it which makes much more sense why she demanded to see this guys cards.

http://therealmander.blogspot.com/20...l#.Uc2tPW0m0YN

Half Truths in the Media. Who Woulda Thunk It
    11:00 AM Amanda Musumeci No comments
    Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook

So, for those who have not seen or witnessed the lashing I'm getting on twitter, here is an update.

Yesterday, while playing in a $1500 event at Rio, a PokerNews reporter took some extremely selectively worded notes on a hand that went down at my table. The exchange that was noted within the article that was thereby produced on the PokerNews website cast me in a very negative light, and honestly I think it is quite unfair and unethical reporting(to knowingly post partial information to paint an ugly picture of someone just so they can say they have an interesting story on a notable player in level 1 when little else of interest is happening).

I'm here to give the entire scope of the situation that had really occurred, as opposed to the partial story that most of you may have read online.

My opponent, who was in position, put in a bet on the river, which I called. I, without any intention of asking this gentleman to table his hand, tabled my own since I could tell by his body language that I had the winner.

After tabling my hand, my opponent showed his cards to his half of the table. It was at this point that I requested to see my opponents cards. See, when I'd called the gentleman's three barrels down to the river, I'd felt like he had stone air. When he showed half the table his cards, it made me feel like he had a hand with some value. And while typically I wouldn't ask an opponent to table a losing hand in this spot, I felt that since he'd shown half the table, and since that action indicated that he may have a different type of hand than I was reading him for, I, in all fairness, and within the framework of WSOP rules, asked my opponent to then table his hand. If half the table was going to be privy to the information, than I felt it only fair that I get the same information.

The man expressed that he did not want to show me his cards. I told him that if he shows half the table, then I want to see them and that the rules stated I could. He remarked with a smirk... "Have you ever played a tournament before sweetie?" I respond with, "I have, sir. Have you?"

The man then demanded that the dealer call the floor for a ruling. I asked the man, "Do we really want to waste time on calling the floor?" The man insisted that he wanted to hear the ruling from the floor man.

Conveniently, there was a floor man only a table length away behind mine, and so we called the floor over.
    The floor agreed that the hand would need to be tabled, and thus it was.

The way that this article was composed by PokerNews was extremely unforgiving and was without complete information or detail of the particular spot.

Many who have played with me more recently may have noticed that I've actually taken the mouthiness out of my arsenal at the table for the most part. While I used to use my chirp to help establish my table image... it's something that I've actually taken out of my game. I've been using other methods to get establish the desired image. While I don't want to give up my strategy info, I'd say that anyone who has played with me lately would have seen a major contrast in my table behavior as compared to what it used to be. I've been wearing headphones and not really engaging my table as much as I used to.

I've grown quite a bit since the footage of WSOP Main Event in 2011. It sucks that articles like this aim to disseminate information that is either incorrect or written in a style that only allows for the biased notes taken by a reporter who clearly didn't like the story as much when all the info was present. I know that this reporter witnessed the whole hand, so it sucks to know that they intentionally chose to present it the way they had. Presenting only 50% the information made me look 100% like a jerk.

I'd absolutely agree with anyone who read the article and felt that I was an ass. But again, it wasn't written to show the public the full and uneventful story that it truly was.

Can any pro tell me that if someone showed half the table a hand that you called 3 barrels with, that they wouldn't then request to see the hand? Not sure I know of anyone with enough "poker etiquette" to fade curiosity given the situation.

Thanks for reading.
    To me it sounds like classic Pokernews bed shitting and selective writing which they are famous for.
    The blog is deleted for some reason, but now a copy of it is on Cardplayer (and quoted in its entirety above, anyway):

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-blog...oulda-thunk-it

I mostly believe her, but I have been in some version of this situation many times before, and there's one thing I don't understand.

Why didn't someone just tell her what he showed, if "half the table" saw?

Here's what typically goes down when a player flashes his cards to one side of the table:

1) Player flashes cards to 1 or more other people.

2) Someone on the other side of the table asks, "What did he have?"

3) Either the player says it, or one of the people who saw answers.

4) Situation is over, nobody gets pissed, everyone moves on.

So is she trying to tell us that something like 4 others saw the guy's hand, and yet nobody would tell her what he had, despite all of the arguing?

That's a bit hard to swallow, though it's also hard to believe she'd write a whole blog and outright lie, when there are 8 others who could respond and call her out for bullshitting.

I have to say that it's likely she's telling the truth, but the whole thing is still a bit weird.
    Any time I've played, from what I've noticed, when someone tables their hand for one person and throws them down the dealer has insta flipped them up. I imagine it's exactly for the reason of avoiding this situation.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

My guess is one or two people saw this guys hand and not half the table.

You make a great point though if I was one that saw his hand after a minute or two I wouldn't want to lose precious time in the blind level so I would just say what he had and hope the other person(s) that saw would confirm that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    As predicted, Danny Le has chunked it off, and has finally doubled up to just 95,000.

Maria Ho is now 2nd in chips. Marco Johnson, famous for being the victim of POTRIPPER's 10-high river call which broke open the AP scandal, is the clear chip leader right now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    WHERE DEM HOES AT?

Some Ho got the chip lead with 7 left.

Antonio just binked a river to double up in the One Drop.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    WHERE DEM HOES AT?

Some Ho got the chip lead with 7 left.

Antonio just binked a river to double up in the One Drop.
    If Maria wins this, it will be the second consecutive LHE event winner who started their hot run by beating me in a crucial pot.

At the 5k, both the 1st and 2nd place finishers were in trouble until winning a pot from me (both double-ups), and both caught fire from that point.

Maria went from below average in chips to well above average after beating me in the A5 vs AA hand, and then the AA vs KK hand.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Maria ran super hot before in the 2011 5k NLHE against Allen Bari.

She was all but out until she made a straight on the river giving her a chip boost to reach heads-up for a bracelet.

So def. luck sack is in her range.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain39 View Post
    Maria ran super hot before in the 2011 5k NLHE against Allen Bari.

She was all but out until she made a straight on the river giving her a chip boost to reach heads-up for a bracelet.

So def. luck sack is in her range.
    She actually played pretty well while at my table.

Still, she ran ridiculously hot starting from that A5/AA hand, and it hasn't stopped yet.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ho down in 6th place

Load Metric
    Jeff Madsen gave a Twitter troll clinic today. He is obv joking, but there are a shit ton of people taking him seriously. Read bottom to top.

Name:  Jeff Madsen (JeffMadsenobv) on Twitter.png
Views: 531
Size:  121.2 KB

Name:  Jeff Madsen (JeffMadsenobv) on Twitter2.png
Views: 445
Size:  121.1 KB

Name:  Jeff Madsen (JeffMadsenobv) on Twitter3.png
Views: 435
Size:  26.7 KB

Comments

nunbeater: holy fuck that had me rolling, good shit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Antonio Esfandiari gave it a good go to repeat as the One Drop but he went out in 4th. Bill Perkins went out in 3rd so they are now HU between Anthony Gregg and Chris Klodnicki with Gregg having a solid chip lead.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    supposedly arieh is selling shares of himself at 2.2/1 after starting it out at 1.86/1 for the 10K PLO event...

im thinking this is some elaborate line of bullshit...nobody could be that delusional...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    supposedly arieh is selling shares of himself at 2.2/1 after starting it out at 1.86/1 for the 10K PLO event...

im thinking this is some elaborate line of bullshit...nobody could be that delusional...
    BankOfTimex would not approve.

https://twitter.com/BankOfTimex

The $50k Players Championship started today. Doyle has decided to play this one.

Load Metric
    Phil Galfond has a nice chiplead at final table of $25k 6 max.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Yeah, this is one of the funnest events to watch of all of them them.

Galfond is GOD too so that makes things even better. Hopefully this gets to be Galfond vs. Stern HU.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Yeah, this is one of the funnest events to watch of all of them them.

Galfond is GOD too so that makes things even better. Hopefully this gets to be Galfond vs. Stern HU.
    Unfortunately some of the better commentators are playing the 50k right now...

Can we get an id check on Lyndaker and Chidwick?

Thread Information