Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official WSOP 2013 Discussion/Rail Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't care about their jokes in the report titles.

I cared about the reporter trying to make me look like an idiot, commenting that I called down with "pure air" and "somehow" won the hand with a pair.

It has since been changed, after I tweeted angrily at Pokernews about it:

http://www.pokernews.com/live-report...ost.219283.htm

As a really odd postscript, the guy who wrote it (or at least whose name is on it) just sent me a friend request on Facebook.
    I was trying to point out they aren't always
    a. correct in reporting hands
    b. politically correct

Kudos on having them change it. Like I said they're reporting 1000's of hands and likely get 10%+ wrong since they can't see the cards very well from the rail.

And from my POV you're wasting your time tweeting to get it changed + look like a non-professional.

Load Metric
    @BryanMicon 1h
    Let it be publicly known @EdogPoker paid 3k of the 16k he owes my fantasy team. New number 13k. Hope he continues to pay debts.

That's actually very surprising and maybe he really has changed for the better.

Load Metric
    Does the guy who reported the hand also write the headline? In most news mediums, it's the editors who write the headlines. Do we know for sure what pokernews does?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    @BryanMicon 1h
    Let it be publicly known @EdogPoker paid 3k of the 16k he owes my fantasy team. New number 13k. Hope he continues to pay debts.

That's actually very surprising and maybe he really has changed for the better.
    wow that's pretty shocking...figured meeecon would be right above haralabob in the pecking order...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiKreese View Post
    At least they are not calling him "unsavory" like in 2010. This is a step up!
    oh wow, really? I dont remember hearing that.

thats funny
    this bias shit really rubs me the wrong way..... i listened to the two plus two poker cast and when they mentioned Druff they said controversial character and absolutely nothing about PFA, or Todds contribution to this community. kinda shitty since i think Adam listens to radio and may post here a bit as well, considering how they coo over other named poker players.

regardless your fans here have your back Druff, good luck and take this bitch down.

P.S. VEGAS is this true??

Name:  t460x279.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  81.9 KB

Comments

1marley1: .
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    @BryanMicon 1h

@bryanmicon 59m EdogPoker better friend than Drexel
    @bryanmicon 56m Slots are +EV!! just ran so bad today!!!
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The guy who wrote it is the one whose name is listed. The reporter watching the hands is someone different.

Anyway, he sent me a short apology on Facebook, so I guess it's over. Maybe this one was innocent. I don't know this guy, so I can't think of a reason he would hate me.

With David Baker, I knew why he was being nasty on the broadcast.

I think Adam on the 2+2 Pokercast didn't mention PFA because it would get Mason or Sklansky angry. Adam has always been pretty positive about me and PFA, and regularly listens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

oh wow, really? I dont remember hearing that.

thats funny
    this bias shit really rubs me the wrong way..... i listened to the two plus two poker cast and when they mentioned Druff they said controversial character and absolutely nothing about PFA, or Todds contribution to this community. kinda shitty since i think Adam listens to radio and may post here a bit as well, considering how they coo over other named poker players.

regardless your fans here have your back Druff, good luck and take this bitch down.

P.S. VEGAS is this true??

Name:  t460x279.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  81.9 KB
    HOF

Load Metric
    @BryanMicon 1h
    Let it be publicly known @EdogPoker paid 3k
    you know where that shit went

Comments

BeerAndPoker: lol, wp

nunbeater: legit lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post
    @BryanMicon 1h

@bryanmicon 59m EdogPoker better friend than Drexel

Name:  snlno.gif
Views: 533
Size:  820.3 KB

*giggling*
    Load Metric

WTF!!!!

*giggling*
    Load Metric

i would rather suck cock than waking up to this

oh...thats right, i already do that....anyway

Comments

anonamoose: could you try to not shit up a thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post

i would rather suck cock than waking up to this

oh...thats right, i already do that....anyway

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bryan Micon ‏@BryanMicon 4m
    3k in 10 game after 4 levels | having a fantastic time | but losing
    Nothing new here, very standard!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bryan Micon ‏@BryanMicon 10m
    Busted 10 game played pretty well at a tough table IMO / impossible spots / see u for $1500 nl in 2 days
    Micon gone again. His backers will save money tomorrow since he's not playing.

This guy Lieu just 2 outered on the river all in QQ vs 44 to take the chip lead HU in the Ante tournament otherwise he was going to be out.

Load Metric
    Im trying to watch the ONE DROP stream, but the table looks more like a Massage Parlor.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    better than 50/50 theres gonna be a happy ending later off camera...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Bitch alert

On a 4 2 k |10 |7 board we saw Amanda Musumeci checking from the small blind. Her opponent bet out 500 by tossing in a single purple chip. Musumeci made the call and after her opponent said "Good call" she tabled kj. That wasn't the end of it for Musumeci though, as she asked to see her opponents hand. The gentleman didn't really wanted to but Musumeci insisted. The player still seemed hesitant and was unsure if he indeed really needed to. The dealer didn't seem to sure he had to.

"Have you ever played a tournament before?" Musumeci asked with a snappy voice. "I called your bet, I want to see your cards!" she now insisted. The dealer and other player wanted to call the floor over and Musumeci insisted and called loudly for a floor herself. A floor came over and ruled that the gentleman indeed had to show his cards. He opened 48 and asked if Musumeci was happy now. "Yeah I'm happy!" she replied. And so she was, with 5,200 in chips she's one of the bigger stacks now in this early stage of the tournament.
    She wrote a blog about it which makes much more sense why she demanded to see this guys cards.

http://therealmander.blogspot.com/20...l#.Uc2tPW0m0YN

Half Truths in the Media. Who Woulda Thunk It
    11:00 AM Amanda Musumeci No comments
    Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook

So, for those who have not seen or witnessed the lashing I'm getting on twitter, here is an update.

Yesterday, while playing in a $1500 event at Rio, a PokerNews reporter took some extremely selectively worded notes on a hand that went down at my table. The exchange that was noted within the article that was thereby produced on the PokerNews website cast me in a very negative light, and honestly I think it is quite unfair and unethical reporting(to knowingly post partial information to paint an ugly picture of someone just so they can say they have an interesting story on a notable player in level 1 when little else of interest is happening).

I'm here to give the entire scope of the situation that had really occurred, as opposed to the partial story that most of you may have read online.

My opponent, who was in position, put in a bet on the river, which I called. I, without any intention of asking this gentleman to table his hand, tabled my own since I could tell by his body language that I had the winner.

After tabling my hand, my opponent showed his cards to his half of the table. It was at this point that I requested to see my opponents cards. See, when I'd called the gentleman's three barrels down to the river, I'd felt like he had stone air. When he showed half the table his cards, it made me feel like he had a hand with some value. And while typically I wouldn't ask an opponent to table a losing hand in this spot, I felt that since he'd shown half the table, and since that action indicated that he may have a different type of hand than I was reading him for, I, in all fairness, and within the framework of WSOP rules, asked my opponent to then table his hand. If half the table was going to be privy to the information, than I felt it only fair that I get the same information.

The man expressed that he did not want to show me his cards. I told him that if he shows half the table, then I want to see them and that the rules stated I could. He remarked with a smirk... "Have you ever played a tournament before sweetie?" I respond with, "I have, sir. Have you?"

The man then demanded that the dealer call the floor for a ruling. I asked the man, "Do we really want to waste time on calling the floor?" The man insisted that he wanted to hear the ruling from the floor man.

Conveniently, there was a floor man only a table length away behind mine, and so we called the floor over.
    The floor agreed that the hand would need to be tabled, and thus it was.

The way that this article was composed by PokerNews was extremely unforgiving and was without complete information or detail of the particular spot.

Many who have played with me more recently may have noticed that I've actually taken the mouthiness out of my arsenal at the table for the most part. While I used to use my chirp to help establish my table image... it's something that I've actually taken out of my game. I've been using other methods to get establish the desired image. While I don't want to give up my strategy info, I'd say that anyone who has played with me lately would have seen a major contrast in my table behavior as compared to what it used to be. I've been wearing headphones and not really engaging my table as much as I used to.

I've grown quite a bit since the footage of WSOP Main Event in 2011. It sucks that articles like this aim to disseminate information that is either incorrect or written in a style that only allows for the biased notes taken by a reporter who clearly didn't like the story as much when all the info was present. I know that this reporter witnessed the whole hand, so it sucks to know that they intentionally chose to present it the way they had. Presenting only 50% the information made me look 100% like a jerk.

I'd absolutely agree with anyone who read the article and felt that I was an ass. But again, it wasn't written to show the public the full and uneventful story that it truly was.

Can any pro tell me that if someone showed half the table a hand that you called 3 barrels with, that they wouldn't then request to see the hand? Not sure I know of anyone with enough "poker etiquette" to fade curiosity given the situation.

Thanks for reading.
    To me it sounds like classic Pokernews bed shitting and selective writing which they are famous for.

Load Metric
    apparently 1 other person cares as much as Druff does.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Jeff Madsen ‏@JeffMadsenobv 23m
    playing the ladies event today wish me luck
    Pretty sure he's leveling but if not then:

Thread Information