Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official WSOP 2013 Discussion/Rail Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Regarding Event 48 ($2500 Limit Holdem):

Here are the chip counts going into Day 2: http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/128...s-by-Chips.pdf

Here are the seating assignments for Day 2: http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/128...s-by-Table.pdf

Here is a list of names alphabetically, who made it to Day 2: http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/128...ts-by-Name.pdf

Anyone know these people?

Raul Paez BARCELONA, , ES 14,600 Pavillion / 136 / 1
    Todd Witteles LAS VEGAS, NV, US 31,800 Pavillion / 136 / 2
    Steve Chanthabouasy HAPPY VALLEY, OR, US 26,300 Pavillion / 136 / 3
    Andrew Wang BROOKLYN, NY, US 19,800 Pavillion / 136 / 4
    Maria Ho ARCADIA, CA, US 31,200 Pavillion / 136 / 5
    Andrew Yip RICHMOND HILL, ON, CA 52,000 Pavillion / 136 / 6

I only know Maria, and we have virtually identical stacks.

Anyone know Andrew Yip? Dude has a mountain of chips right now.
    Raul Paez has been around for years. Besides Maria Hoe he's the second most known of anyone at the table. Raul won some limit holdem tournaments in his time too:

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=3436

He is shorter though but anything can happen.

I searched Andrew Yip and see he has only one cash from a $1k NL event back in 2010 so he's probably almost completely an internet player if I had to guess seeing he's from Canada.

GL on Day 2.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Regarding Event 48 ($2500 Limit Holdem):

Here are the chip counts going into Day 2: http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/128...s-by-Chips.pdf

Here are the seating assignments for Day 2: http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/128...s-by-Table.pdf

Here is a list of names alphabetically, who made it to Day 2: http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/128...ts-by-Name.pdf

Anyone know these people?

Raul Paez BARCELONA, , ES 14,600 Pavillion / 136 / 1
    Todd Witteles LAS VEGAS, NV, US 31,800 Pavillion / 136 / 2
    Steve Chanthabouasy HAPPY VALLEY, OR, US 26,300 Pavillion / 136 / 3
    Andrew Wang BROOKLYN, NY, US 19,800 Pavillion / 136 / 4
    Maria Ho ARCADIA, CA, US 31,200 Pavillion / 136 / 5
    Andrew Yip RICHMOND HILL, ON, CA 52,000 Pavillion / 136 / 6

I only know Maria, and we have virtually identical stacks.

Anyone know Andrew Yip? Dude has a mountain of chips right now.
    Raul Paez has been around for years. Besides Maria Hoe he's the second most known of anyone at the table. Raul won some limit holdem tournaments in his time too:

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=3436

He is shorter though but anything can happen.

I searched Andrew Yip and see he has only one cash from a $1k NL event back in 2010 so he's probably almost completely an internet player if I had to guess seeing he's from Canada.

GL on Day 2.
    Back handed Druff slight ftw!

Comments

PLOL: lol

Load Metric
    Bitch alert

On a 4 2 k |10 |7 board we saw Amanda Musumeci checking from the small blind. Her opponent bet out 500 by tossing in a single purple chip. Musumeci made the call and after her opponent said "Good call" she tabled kj. That wasn't the end of it for Musumeci though, as she asked to see her opponents hand. The gentleman didn't really wanted to but Musumeci insisted. The player still seemed hesitant and was unsure if he indeed really needed to. The dealer didn't seem to sure he had to.

"Have you ever played a tournament before?" Musumeci asked with a snappy voice. "I called your bet, I want to see your cards!" she now insisted. The dealer and other player wanted to call the floor over and Musumeci insisted and called loudly for a floor herself. A floor came over and ruled that the gentleman indeed had to show his cards. He opened 48 and asked if Musumeci was happy now. "Yeah I'm happy!" she replied. And so she was, with 5,200 in chips she's one of the bigger stacks now in this early stage of the tournament.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Smile

I really only had a few minutes to rail due to penn and teller starting at 9

Load Metric
    Druff sitting on an average stack with 90 left. Paying top 36! Gogogo
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Bobby Bellande busto in the one drop.

Bellande Gets it in Drawing Dead; Busts Shortly After

Jean-Robert Bellande and Yevgeniy Timoshenko were heads up on a board of . Bellande checked, Timoshenko moved all in for 217,000 (roughly a pot-sized bet), and Bellande called.

Timoshenko showed for trip kings, and Bellande tried to muck his hand. He was forced to show the , however, and was drawing dead. Timoshenko doubled to 670,000, while Bellande was left with 415,000.

A few hands later, after losing roughly half of his stack Bellande three-bet shoved for 227,000 out of the small blind after Jason Senti raised to 25,000 out of the cutoff. Senti called.

Senti flopped a set when the dealer fanned , and improved to quads when the turned. A meaningless completed the board, and Bellande hit the rail.

Jean-Robert Bellande
    Jean-Robert Bellande @BrokeLivingJRB
    "Out of 1-drop. Thanks for all the well wishers."June 27 2013
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    WSOP
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    I think these guys have a beef against Druff.

I dont think their coverage of him has been that spectacular. Many others get mentioned, as if those people deserve the attention, but out of the people they seem to mention, how many of them have a bracelet?

Also, in that post above, they almost hint that Druff lucks out due to poor play and got lucky on the river. We dont know what the other guy had, so he could have been calling down with AJ for all we know.

they say he floated with "Pure air", but AQ is not that bad of a hand to keep betting out with on that board.

If Druff wins, he should wear a pokernews patch with a giant steaming turd resting on it.

Load Metric
    At least they are not calling him "unsavory" like in 2010. This is a step up!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiKreese View Post
    At least they are not calling him "unsavory" like in 2010. This is a step up!
    oh wow, really? I dont remember hearing that.

thats funny

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    I think these guys have a beef against Druff.

I dont think their coverage of him has been that spectacular. Many others get mentioned, as if those people deserve the attention, but out of the people they seem to mention, how many of them have a bracelet?

Also, in that post above, they almost hint that Druff lucks out due to poor play and got lucky on the river. We dont know what the other guy had, so he could have been calling down with AJ for all we know.

they say he floated with "Pure air", but AQ is not that bad of a hand to keep betting out with on that board.

If Druff wins, he should wear a pokernews patch with a giant steaming turd resting on it.
    Yeah, I didn't like that update at all.

I was short-stacked, and I was against a loose player to my direct left. This was the same guy who cold-called Jd7d for 3 bets and flopped trip 7s earlier. He was UTG, I was BB. He just likes to keep firing and doesn't fold easily, so I didn't want to get committed/crippled with AQ if it missed. I decided just to check-call if I missed, and in fact was probably going to call the river if it was a blank, but then I hit the A and fired out, figuring he would likely call, no matter what he had. He did call, and I won.

I hate when Pokernews update guys try to comment on the play, as they often have no clue what is going on and end up making certain people look bad.

And for good measure, despite standing there watching that epic hand where it was 5-bet pre, ultimately coming down to me and Maria Ho (I had KK, she had AA, board was J high), they wrote it up claiming I had KJ.

Load Metric
    They now have it as you having KK on WSOP site.

Unlucky. Nothing you can do on those.

Of course, MeCoin hits the K on the river to help cash and thinks he's a genius.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Of course, MeCoin hits the K on the river to help cash and thinks he's a genius.
    They changed it because I tweeted at them to correct it.

Still pissed about that "pure air" commentary. These reporters should stick to writing facts, not make strategy commentary and entitle it "Whatever Floats Your Boat" regarding the way I play.

The person who wrote all of that is welcome in my game any time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Bitch alert

On a 4 2 k |10 |7 board we saw Amanda Musumeci checking from the small blind. Her opponent bet out 500 by tossing in a single purple chip. Musumeci made the call and after her opponent said "Good call" she tabled kj. That wasn't the end of it for Musumeci though, as she asked to see her opponents hand. The gentleman didn't really wanted to but Musumeci insisted. The player still seemed hesitant and was unsure if he indeed really needed to. The dealer didn't seem to sure he had to.

"Have you ever played a tournament before?" Musumeci asked with a snappy voice. "I called your bet, I want to see your cards!" she now insisted. The dealer and other player wanted to call the floor over and Musumeci insisted and called loudly for a floor herself. A floor came over and ruled that the gentleman indeed had to show his cards. He opened 48 and asked if Musumeci was happy now. "Yeah I'm happy!" she replied. And so she was, with 5,200 in chips she's one of the bigger stacks now in this early stage of the tournament.
    She got shitty after both the player and the dealer showed themselves to be idiots. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand.

Banned
    Load Metric

Still pissed about that "pure air" commentary. These reporters should stick to writing facts, not make strategy commentary and entitle it "Whatever Floats Your Boat" regarding the way I play.

That would be donnie peters ,fan boy, rink rat, 1-2 grinder, alcoholic failure.

Load Metric
    I'm sorry, but anyone with the first name of "Haralabos" has to be a twat of the highest order.

And I don't care if he was born into a family of plate smashing peasants.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hal Lubarsky currently 3rd in chips with 40 left in the $2500 limit 6 max. It would be epic if a blind man can win a WSOP event.

Sorry Druff is out. I see Maria Ho is doing well for the moment too which is better then anyone can say for Jared Hubbard who is selling his Lock funds for .33 on the dollar.

Load Metric

Druff once again quit worrying about reporters earning a tiny wage trying to report 1000's of hands.

They make up those "funny" titles all the time and some of them are quite offensive/racist at times (in the one drop they said something about Wong Number for a guy named Wong).

Don't even read it or worry about them fixing hands. Not worth your time, and noone is going back re-reading hands that happened 3 hours ago to see if they updated it for you.

Load Metric
    "funny titles" they have used for the one drop

Lichtenberger Devours Juanda
    Don't Point Your Finger at Me **guy named Finger
    No Moore Chips ** guy named Moore
    Where Did It All Go Wong? **guy named Wong
    Mercier No Longer Peaking **Mercier had tweeted about peaking
    Katz Out of the Bag **Cary Katz

Low level reporters trying to spice up their blog entries. I don't think any of the people listed above even read their pokernews update and/or cared about it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't care about their jokes in the report titles.

I cared about the reporter trying to make me look like an idiot, commenting that I called down with "pure air" and "somehow" won the hand with a pair.

It has since been changed, after I tweeted angrily at Pokernews about it:

http://www.pokernews.com/live-report...ost.219283.htm

As a really odd postscript, the guy who wrote it (or at least whose name is on it) just sent me a friend request on Facebook.

Thread Information