Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official WSOP 2013 Discussion/Rail Thread

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Not sure why everyone is congratulating you
    I almost neg'd you for this, but the rest of the post made it somewhat ok.

Still this is an absolutely retarded statement.
    Unless the money is life changing, making the final table with those chips and finishing where he did just plain sucks. Maybe you would have to go through it to understand it, but it's not a good feeling.

Comments

anonamoose: you brought this upon yourself

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The only reason I care at all about this is because a lot of friends and family members were watching this and thinking "WTF?" Fortunately Baker was transparent as Saran Wrap, so people saw right through what he was doing, but when you have a lot of non-poker friends/family watching something like this and hearing mostly negative things about both me and my play, it's frustrating.
    I agree and I think Tuckman was picking up on the negativity and that's why he was seemingly coaching Baker into the direction of "constructive criticism".

I don't know if other people noticed it or not as well but I think Tuckman was doing a pretty good job at trying to do damage control on that situation. He was constantly defending Todd's pauses and other plays.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I almost neg'd you for this, but the rest of the post made it somewhat ok.

Still this is an absolutely retarded statement.
    Unless the money is life changing, making the final table with those chips and finishing where he did just plain sucks. Maybe you would have to go through it to understand it, but it's not a good feeling.
    It's not a good feeling.

Yesterday could have been worse, but it also could have been a lot better. I wasn't EXPECTING to win by any means (Bardah was in a virtual tie in chips after Day 2, and I knew I'd have to keep getting lucky to win the whole thing), but I was really hoping this would be the end of my long, 8-year wait for my second bracelet.

When it came down to things, it just wasn't my day to win. I kind of knew it after Moore rivered that Q on me. I also kind of knew it when I was struggling from the very start. I kept trading wins and losses in pots during most of the day, and this helped me survive while people were busting VERY slowly (Bardah commented that players were heads-up last year during the 13000/25000 blinds level, while we were still 6 handed). Unfortunately I was never dominating yesterday, and at my best point had a tiny chiplead at one point at the final table fairly early.

During the dinner break, I was the short stack (182k) while Bardah had 770k and was ahead of 2nd chipleader by almost 300k. Bardah's friends were telling him, "You got this", "It's yours", etc, and Bardah looked very unhappy.

"You realize that I have about 13 big bets, right? (He actually had 15, but same thing.) It's brutal. A few bad hands and I'm in trouble. Last year they were heads up at this point. Nobody is busting this year, and now the structure is awful for the whole table. I don't like this."

He was right, and that put an end to him in 3rd place when Nassif was suddenly hitting every hand.

I bet Bardah feels worse than I do.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Druff- What is your opinion on Greg Mueller? He clearly has done well at the WSOP in limit games but he also seems like a very relaxed and easy to get along with type of guy too? At least that is the impression I get from watching him play.

Load Metric
    Druff nice work getting to the FT

On the other hand quit wasting your time on typing about the commentary. On PFA most of us side with you but honestly the more you go off on a month long forum/radio rant, the less I wish to congratulate you.

Silver
    Load Metric
    It's easy to sound like a whiner when you cash for more than many make in a year but the stone-cold truth is it really really sucks and the people congratulating you don't mean anything by it; they just don't get understand it.

Watching the final table was supremely tilting - from the spectacular refusal of anyone to go broke to the ODB slights.

Load Metric
    I was able to watch a bit of the final table on the ESPN3 stream and Nassif was running ultra good. He was getting hands and more importantly the board was treating him like a Persian prince. Druff just wasn't getting the cards he needed, he did make a few good laydowns that lesser players may not have made.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It's not a good feeling.

Yesterday could have been worse, but it also could have been a lot better. I wasn't EXPECTING to win by any means (Bardah was in a virtual tie in chips after Day 2, and I knew I'd have to keep getting lucky to win the whole thing), but I was really hoping this would be the end of my long, 8-year wait for my second bracelet.

When it came down to things, it just wasn't my day to win. I kind of knew it after Moore rivered that Q on me. I also kind of knew it when I was struggling from the very start. I kept trading wins and losses in pots during most of the day, and this helped me survive while people were busting VERY slowly (Bardah commented that players were heads-up last year during the 13000/25000 blinds level, while we were still 6 handed). Unfortunately I was never dominating yesterday, and at my best point had a tiny chiplead at one point at the final table fairly early.

During the dinner break, I was the short stack (182k) while Bardah had 770k and was ahead of 2nd chipleader by almost 300k. Bardah's friends were telling him, "You got this", "It's yours", etc, and Bardah looked very unhappy.

"You realize that I have about 13 big bets, right? (He actually had 15, but same thing.) It's brutal. A few bad hands and I'm in trouble. Last year they were heads up at this point. Nobody is busting this year, and now the structure is awful for the whole table. I don't like this."

He was right, and that put an end to him in 3rd place when Nassif was suddenly hitting every hand.

I bet Bardah feels worse than I do.

The structure was terrible late in this because everyone hung around and kept getting new life. Maybe they should consider capping the limits in all flhe tourneys.

Obv a lot of luck goes into these things but the final 6 was an absolute crapshoot and more or less came down to how got hot the quickest

Did David Baker play a lot of online poker? Was he a fixed limit player? Never really heard of him till he started cashing in the big live mtts

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    For those who can view WSOP events on ESPN site here is the archived link for the entire stream of the $5k Limit Holdem with Druff at the FT.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/971261/

I'm not sure how long they will keep this on the site but probably for a couple weeks or so since all the events from June 1st onward are still available to stream.
    Can someone convert this into a Youtube or something? It is brutal not being able to pause or fast forward this.

Load Metric
    For those who can view WSOP events on ESPN site here is the archived link for the entire stream of the $5k Limit Holdem with Druff at the FT.

I'm not sure how long they will keep this on the site but probably for a couple weeks or so since all the events from June 1st onward are still available to stream.
    Can someone convert this into a Youtube or something? It is brutal not being able to pause or fast forward this.
    The only way I know would be to start it up and a start up a screen recorder and let it run it's course.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It's over 10 hours and would be hard to grab off the site so unfortunately I'm not sure anyone could do that. ESPN is clearly just putting them up but would be nice if someone took 10 minutes to edit out the breaks which is all it should take.

I can fast forward and pause it just fine on my laptop it just takes a few seconds waiting whenever I do either action.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It's over 10 hours and would be hard to grab off the site so unfortunately I'm not sure anyone could do that. ESPN is clearly just putting them up but would be nice if someone took 10 minutes to edit out the breaks which is all it should take.

I can fast forward and pause it just fine on my laptop it just takes a few seconds waiting whenever I do either action.
    Where do you fast forward? I don't see the controls to do that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  espn3pic.PNG
Views: 428
Size:  234.0 KB

See the white line below the picture screen that has the red in the left corner that is the bar you move to skip forward and then the play arrow below that you click to pause.

Load Metric
    yeah you can just click ahead on the stream to skip ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They have the option as well on the watchespn app on a phone but the bar is at the top of the screen.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  espn3pic.PNG
Views: 428
Size:  234.0 KB

See the white line below the picture screen that has the red in the left corner that is the bar you move to skip forward and then the play arrow below that you click to pause.
    So weird. I don't have those controls. Will try on a different browser.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The only reason I care at all about this is because a lot of friends and family members were watching this and thinking "WTF?" Fortunately Baker was transparent as Saran Wrap, so people saw right through what he was doing, but when you have a lot of non-poker friends/family watching something like this and hearing mostly negative things about both me and my play, it's frustrating.
    I agree and I think Tuckman was picking up on the negativity and that's why he was seemingly coaching Baker into the direction of "constructive criticism".

I don't know if other people noticed it or not as well but I think Tuckman was doing a pretty good job at trying to do damage control on that situation. He was constantly defending Todd's pauses and other plays.
    I noticed that, too.

I first saw this come up in the hand where I had As2s against Ben Yu's AQ.

Flop came JcTc8c which was about as bad as possible for my hand. (Seriously, can you think of worse?)

So obviously there was nothing to think about, but does that mean I have to snap-fold and give away info about my holdings and range from that position?

No. I would be an idiot to do that, especially at a final table.

So I took a few seconds to act like I was thinking, and then threw it away.

If I stalled for 60 seconds with this fake decision, Baker would have a point. That's excessive, and it's just slowing down the game. However, taking 5-10 seconds occasionally for a "fake think" regarding a fold is not going to cause any significant delay in play.

The snide "classic Witteles" comment about this was both obnoxious and incorrect. I am not known for unreasonable stalling or slow play either live or online, so I don't know what was "classic" about this harmless move that wasted a whole 5 seconds.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If anyone took too long to act it was Nassif in numerous hands which don't get me wrong they were key hands for him but the thing is I think he knew much longer before he finally folded that eventually that was going to be his action and it was like he was trying to talk himself into calling but realized it wasn't in his stacks best interest.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Dan Druff;165086]

The snide "classic Witteles" comment about this was both obnoxious and incorrect. I am not known for unreasonable stalling or slow play either live or online, so I don't know what was "classic" about this harmless move that wasted a whole 5 seconds.
    did anyone pick up the comment by baker?

''druff is a beast''

i disagree and take offence to that comment, as i thought druff lost a considerable amount of weight

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=fluffer;165114]

did anyone pick up the comment by baker?

''druff is a beast''

i disagree and take offence to that comment, as i thought druff lost a considerable amount of weight
    I heard that near the beginning then he took some cheap shots at Druff but some were him disagreeing with how Druff played certain hands.

Their are a lot of times in poker when hands can be played in various ways where not one way is correct or even most optimal.

From watching it today as I tried to skip through to just hands Druff played and listen afterward I could understand at times where David Baker was coming from in some theories of his but he was a bit too harsh with his criticism too imo.

Thread Information