Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official WSOP 2013 Discussion/Rail Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Old Guy Michael Moore wins the bracelet.

this could create a second moneymaker effect except for the fact most people that play low stakes limit will be dead in 5 years

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    With several power outages I didn't catch much until about 3 hours into the broadcast when my power got restored.

The one hand I saw was the KK vs JJ vs 99 hand where Druff had the 99 but where I was the internet was so faulty so I didn't see if that guy I believe it was Nassif folded his rivered set with four hearts out there to the guy with KK with rivered flush?

He was tanking hard but the thing about this and some other key hands I watched made me see why I struggle playing limit because when you get down you start making these calls thinking "well I only have to be right 1 in 9 times or whatever to be profitable".

Now in cash that logic is better even though many times when running bad you just seem to be wrong because of how your session is going but in a tournament the 1bb when your the shorty can be so significant.

Load Metric

I stopped watching and went to bed after Druff lost.

I'm honestly surprised Moore won. I felt he was the weakest out of all the players. Did he go on a heater or something?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Any other questions?
    What was the atmosphere at the table? The stream made it seem pretty laid back, but you frequently couldn't hear what was being said at the table.

Load Metric
    Great run Druff and thank you (my shares end up being a little over 10k).

I will be in Vegas Sun-Wed if you want to grab dinner or something (obv on me)

gl with rest of series

Load Metric

I don't agree with a lot of his political views, but good for him I guess

Comments

4Dragons: Druff & Me
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    I ended up watching the Heads Up until about 4am central (thanks to my ex-wife calling me 4 times after 1:30am to tell me about my sons behavior that night...she felt it couldnt wait...)

Moore did go on a bit of a heater. There were several hands that I remember seeing where he would flop top two vs bottom two, or top vs second and there were bets on the following streets with a call. He ran pretty well.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I think emergency radio is warranted tonight.

Load Metric
    GG Todd! Poker Gods figured old guy wouldn't get many more shots for bracelet but you will get many. TID next one buddy!

Load Metric
    Nice run Druff! Gotta catch cards to ship one of those things and it just wasn't happening. Was a fun sweat anyway.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Load Metric
    Nice run Druff. GL in the Main.

At what payout level do they withhold taxes at the cage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Good run Todd

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Nice run Druff. GL in the Main.

At what payout level do they withhold taxes at the cage?
    They are required by law at $5k to withhold 25% for Federal Tax for poker tournament winnings.

One reason many International players don't want to play at the WSOP is they withhold 30% up front and in some country jurisdictions they aren't even taxed on gambling at all.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

What was the atmosphere at the table? The stream made it seem pretty laid back, but you frequently couldn't hear what was being said at the table.
    There was a lot of "been there before" at the table, which probably helps a lot. In all honesty, half the field (at least) seemed like guys who had been there before. About as rough a field as any 5K you'll find anywhere, I would think.

related to moose's question, there was one point where it was probably a multiway (maybe heads up) pot where it was a few bets to you to call to end the action pre-flop, I'm thinking around 150K total pot when you called still 8-9 handed table), and you took a few seconds, but when you did call, and threw in your chips, everyone laughed somebody cracked a joke, you got some change back, and a laughing fbt may have even patted you on the back, everyone smiling. Did you throw in the wrong amount, or did someone crack a joke or something? It appeared you either said or did something funny, by fbt's reaction, but I missed whatever happened. Any idea what I'm talking about? Any and all details may be wrong, but that's the gist of what I remember.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    hey druff...one more question...

the AA hand vs the old guy's QJ on the QJxAx board...action is escaping me right now, but i think you could have 3 bet the turn when you spiked your set or raised him on the river when he lead...if im remembering correctly he check raised you on the flop...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

There was a lot of "been there before" at the table, which probably helps a lot. In all honesty, half the field (at least) seemed like guys who had been there before. About as rough a field as any 5K you'll find anywhere, I would think.

related to moose's question, there was one point where it was probably a multiway (maybe heads up) pot where it was a few bets to you to call to end the action pre-flop, I'm thinking around 150K total pot when you called still 8-9 handed table), and you took a few seconds, but when you did call, and threw in your chips, everyone laughed somebody cracked a joke, you got some change back, and a laughing fbt may have even patted you on the back, everyone smiling. Did you throw in the wrong amount, or did someone crack a joke or something? It appeared you either said or did something funny, by fbt's reaction, but I missed whatever happened. Any idea what I'm talking about? Any and all details may be wrong, but that's the gist of what I remember.
    I remember that hand, thinking jeez, they are buddies now, Greg Mueller will be a guest on PFA, soon.

As for the criticism anyone listening could tell he had a hard on for you, I wouldn't worry about it.

After one hand, they really went out of their way to make it sound like you made a mistake (I think it was the SB called 4's), but then both of them were all something like "That said, we both know dandruff kills it in the nosebleed limit cash games"

What I didn't get was the two way street criticism of the time.
    Every time you took more than 2 seconds they are like wtf,

Then that french dude, he went into to the tank a few times, for days, barely even the same criticism.
    Then someone else was taking their time, and it was all "I'm glad he taking his time, this is a thinking man's game..."

if they just busted your balls for taking that 6 seconds or whatever, fine.
    But not busting on everyone is weak, and then complimenting others for actually taking time????
    I thought it made them look bad.

Load Metric
    I genuinely could not understand the commentators feeling that Nassif had an edge on Moore. Nassif had no credentials beyond the game of Magic and the feeling he was some sort of "genius". Oh yeah, he was younger.

Nassif had good discipline but his play was standard IMO. It was Moore who showed creativity.

Load Metric
    Good job Todd on your finish.

I didn't care much for the commentary. It seemed like they were ball grabbing the players who had poker friends who are on the so-called "poker scene". They would blame bad luck on someone like Bonomo when he was knocked out and could easily tell who they favored. They didn't even know how to pronounce your name properly until people blew them up on twitter. Is what it is though. If you didn't win a bracelet before, these guys would have butchered you as some sort of rube due to their ignorance. Just my read on them..

Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Great run Druff . New to the forum but been listening to the podcasts for a while . Great stuff. I have lots to share !!!!!!

Comments

Belly Buster: 1st post rep

Load Metric
    It was such a weird final table. You could almost feel that Druff, Bardah, and the other more established players were just biding their time until they eliminated Nassif and Moore and the real final could begin, but the fuckers would never die, and by the time the blinds got ratcheted up, the better, deeper stacked going into the day players were the ones in trouble and they couldn't catch any hands. You could run that final table 1000 times again, and no way do both those 2 emerge to play heads up. Nassif made some nice laydowns and fought hard, but it's just so improbable to hang that long as short as he was, and Moore was clearly playing above his head talent-wise.

I have no idea about the commentary on hands where they were critical of Druff. The players talking shit and Druff are all much better players than myself, so I couldn't comment on who was right. Their few comments about Druff Hollywooding was really irritating to me. He might have took an extra second than average, but he never once tanked for 5 minutes like almost every other player did at some point. I understand limit is played quickly, but I thought their criticism there was borderline absurd. They made a few comments that made him sound like he was being a drama queen, and I never saw that. And I would have no problem saying he was if he was. It almost felt like they were looking for a reason to take a shot.

I love watching limit final tables, because you see so many more flops, but it has to be so frustrating to not be able to protect your hand, and to not be able to finish off a bad player when he makes one mistake. You need him to make multiple mistakes, and not get lucky. Moore made mistakes, but none fatal, and then got lucky. Good for him, but it was frustrating to watch.

Thread Information