Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeans

Load Metric

Jeans

I'm moving to a much colder climate in October and need to buy some jeans.

My khaki and dress pants game is strong but I've never been a huge jean enthusiast.

What jeans are the best? Any price range is fine but I don't really like buying $300+ clothing for casual wear.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I'm moving to a much colder climate in October and need to buy some jeans.

My khaki and dress pants game is strong but I've never been a huge jean enthusiast.

What jeans are the best? Any price range is fine but I don't really like buying $300+ clothing for casual wear.
    Just buy a 20 dollar pair at walmart. There's no difference.

Comments

varys: too easy

Load Metric
    Name:  1981_TS3Jeans_96.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  40.8 KB

Load Metric
    I wouldn't buy cheap jeans unless you plan to buy them every year.

The ones that are like $30-50 are fine and will last for a while, but if you want comfort as well than I'd buy something like Lucky or Pepe Jeans, or even Tommy Bahama's are really nice jeans too, and all are about $100-$150. They'll last at least twice as long as something from Old Navy or Kohls and the denim is a lot softer.

With Jeans you sort of get what you pay for: I have a pair of Diesel Jeans that I paid $200 for about 8 years ago, and they don't even have frays at the bottom of the leg yet.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

The ones that are like $30-50 are fine and will last for a while, but if you want comfort as well than I'd buy something like Lucky or Pepe Jeans, or even Tommy Bahama's are really nice jeans too, and all are about $100-$150. They'll last at least twice as long as something from Old Navy or Kohls and the denim is a lot softer.

With Jeans you sort of get what you pay for: I have a pair of Diesel Jeans that I paid $200 for about 8 years ago, and they don't even have frays at the bottom of the leg yet.

I have jeans that cost me 20 bucks at walmart that have lasted and are comfortable for over 5 years now.

Load Metric

On the obverse, I had a pair of Versace jeans that didn't last 2 years and have had some Wranglers that have gone 7 years. I've been eyeballing the Lucky's lately though, so i'm with you on that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just don't get them skinny jeans that the young teens be buying these days.

Load Metric
    A pair of boot cut Levi Strause jeans will go a long way. These are IMO the Bench mark for denim cloths, on the other hand you can go to Costco and buy denim in other than blue for twenty bucks and are just fine.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    A Grown man has actually just made a post seeking advice on jeans. Unfucking real.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

On the obverse, I had a pair of Versace jeans that didn't last 2 years and have had some Wranglers that have gone 7 years. I've been eyeballing the Lucky's lately though, so i'm with you on that.
    I wear jeans a lot, basically every day in the fall-spring unless I have to go somewhere that requires dress pants, and I've never had luck with cheaper jeans. I still buy a couple pair every so often just to kick around the house and do yard work in. Other than Pepe Jeans I really like the Lucky Brand, and the most comfortable jeans I've ever owned were Tommy Bahamas. Diesel Jeans are really good but they are overpriced imo.

Basically, you should be able to tell just by touching them what type of quality you are getting. I would challenge anyone to rub a pair of Wal-Mart brand jeans and a pair of Lucky Brand jeans in between their fingers and say they are the same quality. Wranglers and Levis will definitely last, but they are not as soft as some designer jeans

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

I wear jeans a lot, basically every day in the fall-spring unless I have to go somewhere that requires dress pants, and I've never had luck with cheaper jeans. I still buy a couple pair every so often just to kick around the house and do yard work in. Other than Pepe Jeans I really like the Lucky Brand, and the most comfortable jeans I've ever owned were Tommy Bahamas. Diesel Jeans are really good but they are overpriced imo.

Basically, you should be able to tell just by touching them what type of quality you are getting. I would challenge anyone to rub a pair of Wal-Mart brand jeans and a pair of Lucky Brand jeans in between their fingers and say they are the same quality. Wranglers and Levis will definitely last, but they are not as soft as some designer jeans
    Wear them twice and wash them 3 times. They'll be just as soft.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    A Grown man has actually just made a post seeking advice on jeans. Unfucking real.
    Which brand is the best for sliding around on a bathroom floor to tighten toilets?

Do you go with darker shades of denim to disguise the bathroom floor residue or do you just say 'fuck it' and wear those stains with pride?

Load Metric
    Will check out Lucky and Tommy Bahama later today, thanks for input.

Just doesn't seem to be many options for 'normal' jeans. I don't like that acid washed, skinny faggot look or any shit with designs.

Load Metric

Just doesn't seem to be many options for 'normal' jeans. I don't like that acid washed, skinny faggot look or any shit with designs.
    You'll be happy with Tommy Bahama, they have basic jeans and they're good quality from my experience with them: Lucky jeans are more trendy but the classic/straight leg or loose fit are good --I can't stand the skinny crap they sell now, even the boot cut aggravate me

Load Metric
    If it gets really cold and you're going to be spending any substantial amount of time outside, you need at least one pair of these. Fleece lined jeans are killer for winter time.

http://www.sears.com/carhartt-work-j...2&blockType=G2

Load Metric
    Buffalo
    Paper and Denim
    Lucky
    Seven for All Mankind

Comments

shortbuspoker: Lucky jeans are so fucking soft and comfortable that it's ridiculous

Load Metric

Check out the Polo jeans, Tommy Hilfiger and the Nautica's too. Hit up a Macy's and you'll find what you need.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Buffalo
    Paper and Denim
    Lucky
    Seven for All Mankind
    I almost bought a pair of Buffalo Jeans the other day

Load Metric
    Oh, wait...I didn't realize that a guy from across the pond was asking.

You want to go with Ecko or Fubu.

Load Metric
    Go to go with the Duluth Trading Company Ball Room Jeans.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...1515-C93594-L2

Thread Information