Page 81 of 420 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 8381

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Almost sold everything last night at like 532 before I went to bed. Then decided I was too tired and would just do it in the morning.

Now it's like 511. Damn.

Had I sold last night, I would have slightly made money on my BTC transactions lifetime.

So I'm assuming the run-up was because the April 15 China rumor was false?
    Best advice youll ever get. Go on SR and buy coupons. I spent like $80 and saved at least $5-600 so far not using them that often. In alot of cases I actually make money. Example Tide at Target is $10.99 but they run deals where if you buy 2 you get a $10 gift card, so Ill buy 2 and use my $9.30 off coupons and get a gift card.

I might be willing to sell these to people who are not in my area. Its all digital you just print out as many copies as you want.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Almost sold everything last night at like 532 before I went to bed. Then decided I was too tired and would just do it in the morning.

Now it's like 511. Damn.

Had I sold last night, I would have slightly made money on my BTC transactions lifetime.

So I'm assuming the run-up was because the April 15 China rumor was false?
    Best advice youll ever get. Go on SR and buy coupons. I spent like $80 and saved at least $5-600 so far not using them that often. In alot of cases I actually make money. Example Tide at Target is $10.99 but they run deals where if you buy 2 you get a $10 gift card, so Ill buy 2 and use my $9.30 off coupons and get a gift card.

I might be willing to sell these to people who are not in my area. Its all digital you just print out as many copies as you want.
    Those coupons you're buying are likely fraudlent. It's not hard to create a custom coupon that gives you any discount you want when scanned.

Here's one guide:

If you're dumb enough to give yourself 90-100% discounts for any significant purchases, you'll probably get caught. People have gone to prison for using these. Buyer beware.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Bitcoin $500. One of the best moves BTC ever made.

What do you call a lying Chinese banker?
    Cha Ching!

Trading the news is a fools game. Turn on CNBC and mute Maria Bartiromo. I know that. Said it many times.

The news is baked into the price. Just look at the chart. You never have all the news. The price reveals all.

I lived in fear of the April 15th shutdown/rumor and missed a great run. Will serve as a good reminder for a while.

AAPL Everyone trying to game the new iPhone release. Who the fuck knows? AAPL down $9 filling February gap. AAPL was a sick chart and it followed through.

Subsistence trading. Lol. Ramen noodles for dinner!
    I love you chart guys, you make it sound like you have an edge on the market, as if reading a chart is some great indicator and you do it better than the next guy. A few of you guys barely break even and most lose a ton. Analytics never takes into account emotion or unintended market events, none of which your charts can forecast. And that buries knobs like you time and again.

And anyone that is using charts to analyze bitcoins needs to get a life. I'd have more respect for your ilk if you would put up some legit stocks so we can track your success and mostly failures. Instead you put up something akin to a lottery ticket.

No respect from this poster.

Chartists don't make money in the long run? You're a fucking gimp.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

Those coupons you're buying are likely fraudlent. It's not hard to create a custom coupon that gives you any discount you want when scanned.

Here's one guide:

If you're dumb enough to give yourself 90-100% discounts for any significant purchases, you'll probably get caught. People have gone to prison for using these. Buyer beware.
    I know a million times more about this then you trust me. These are top of the line coupons that scan and work 100% of the time. You cant go to prison for this. Theres been extreme cases where guys hit the same stores over and over usually doing gift cards. They recently cracked down on those. You could get any $25 gift card for $5 at WMs sc. I havent done that because thats where the legality issues arise.

Theres a forum where guys have been doing it for years with zero issues. They explain how not to be a dumbass but its pretty much common sense.

Banned
    Load Metric

Here's one guide:

I know a million times more about this then you trust me. These are top of the line coupons that scan and work 100% of the time. You cant go to prison for this. Theres been extreme cases where guys hit the same stores over and over usually doing gift cards. They recently cracked down on those. You could get any $25 gift card for $5 at WMs sc. I havent done that because thats where the legality issues arise.

Theres a forum where guys have been doing it for years with zero issues. They explain how not to be a dumbass but its pretty much common sense.
    Fair enough. If you're educated on how to get away with it and feel comfortable with that, more power to you. But you can't honestly believe there is such a thing as 90% off coupons for laundry detergent. I have no doubt that they scan every time, but they are certainly not legitimate. What you're doing is stealing.

Load Metric

Fair enough. If you're educated on how to get away with it and feel comfortable with that, more power to you. But you can't honestly believe there is such a thing as 90% off coupons for laundry detergent. I have no doubt that they scan every time, but they are certainly not legitimate. What you're doing is stealing.
    You can actually get coupons like that from some manufacturers. Of course they ar rare, but there are people that hit up all the manufacturers complaining about something and getting 100% free sometimes.

The thing is the stores dont care because they get credit from the manufacturers. If i buy something from a store and they give me back too much $ I always give it back because it will effect the employee. I dont care about the store or the manufacturer. They do ok for themselves so I dont feel bad.

Load Metric
    so apparently everything went to utter shit this morning, with some currencies like doge catching a 19% drop in value.

because china.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    The Other Bitcoin Power Struggle

http://businessweek.com/articles/201...e-out-a-profit

Are people still profiting off Bitcoin?

Or is it time for Micon to get employment at McDonald's?

Banned
    Load Metric

start it around the 13 min mark

Load Metric
    " Fred Trotter, a co-founder of data journal and software company Not Only Dev, estimates that in the five years Bitcoins have existed, machines dedicated to mining them have consumed 150,000 megawatt-hours of electricity—enough to keep the Eiffel Tower lit for more than two and a half centuries. "

Comments

lewfather: going green rep

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    So I decided to check out the bitcoin news for the first time in weeks today. Apparently the bitcoin foundation just appointed an accused pedophile to the board? Can anyone summarize what happened here and likelihood the guy is guilty? Total mess trying to figure out what the story is.

Load Metric
    While we were sleeping Bitcoin rallied off $450 and is gonna do some work at $600 and then ... who knows.

6 Month Chart
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  96.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    So I decided to check out the bitcoin news for the first time in weeks today. Apparently the bitcoin foundation just appointed an accused pedophile to the board? Can anyone summarize what happened here and likelihood the guy is guilty? Total mess trying to figure out what the story is.

Dunno if you want him in charge of crypto currency if he can't even count to 18, hell, he can't even count to FF. Name:  rimshot.gif
Views: 593
Size:  5.7 KB

Comments

Sanlmar: Can only count to 16 rep

Banned
    Load Metric
    coinbase went down

idunnolol.jpg

Comments

sonatine: idunnolol.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    coinbase went down

idunnolol.jpg
    Musta been a hiccup. I just logged in without a problem and the website came up cleanly

Banned
    Load Metric
    yea, just f5'd and it came up. must have been out for a little bit though because they sent a tweet out.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    A Man Named ‘Bitcoin Jesus’ Would Like to Sell You a Passport
    by Evan McMurry | 11:17 am, June 16th, 2014

Want your own island residence, free of nasty little things like laws and taxes, and a passport that will get let you come and go?

Talk to Roger Ver, dba Bitcoin Jesus, an ex-convict millionaire “libertarian” who’s offering a chance to start over, provided you’ve got the $400,000 in Bitcoin to swing it.

Ver is the founder of Passports for Bitcoin.com, which allows access to the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis, two islands off the Florida coast. Since 1984 the Federation has offered a citizenship-for-investment swap, and the tiny country’s tight disclosure laws and lack of taxes make it an attractive place if you want to safeguard your money (the U.S. Treasury Department, natch, considers it a conduit for financial crimes).

Bitcoin, meanwhile, has become an escape hatch for those who can’t move cash out of the country, one of the reasons the currency has taken off in China. Ver angles to combine the two, letting interested investors slip their money and their citizenship outside their borders.

As for Bitcoin Jesus, he was sentenced to ten months in prison after selling a product marked as pest control, which the government said was actually explosives, on EBay. He moved to Tokyo after being released, invested early in Bitcoin, and became known as Bitcoin Jesus thanks to his hearty evangelism for the currency.

Rumors that shit at the Federation won’t get real until JuggaloCoin is included went unconfirmed at press time.

[h/t Bloomberg]

http://www.mediaite.com/online/a-man...ou-a-passport/

Load Metric
    Bitcoin's security threatened as one pool had >50% hash power.

So-called 51 percenters, for instance, have the ability to spend the same coins twice, reject competing miners' transactions, or extort higher fees from people with large holdings. Even worse, a malicious player with a majority holding could wage a denial-of-service attack against the entire Bitcoin network.
    http://arstechnica.com/security/2014...network-power/

ohmy

Load Metric
    The death rattle of bitcoins:

Let me introduce The Machine- HP’s latest invention that could revolutionize the computing world. According to HP, The Machine is not a server, workstation, PC, device or phone but an amalgamation of all these things. It’s designed to be able to cope with the masses of data produced from the Internet of Things, which is the concept of a future network designed to connect a variety of objects and gadgets.

In order to handle this flurry of information it uses clusters of specialized cores as opposed to a small number of generalized cores. The whole thing is connected together using silicon photonics instead of traditional copper wires, boosting the speed of the system whilst reducing energy requirements. Furthermore, the technology features memristors which are resistors that are able to store information even after power loss.

The result is a system six times more powerful than existing servers that requires eighty times less energy. According to HP, The Machine can manage 160 petabytes of data in a mere 250 nanoseconds. And, what’s more, this isn’t just for huge supercomputers- it could be used in smaller devices such as smartphones and laptops. During a keynote speech given at Discover, chief technology officer Martin Fink explained that if the technology was scaled down, smartphones could be fabricated with 100 terabytes of memory.

HP envisages a variety of future applications for this technology in numerous different settings, from business to medicine. For example, it could be possible for doctors to compare your symptoms or DNA with patients across the globe in an instant and without breaching privacy, improving health outcomes.

While this is an exciting development, unfortunately for us HP isn’t expecting to have samples until 2015 and the first devices equipped with The Machine won’t surface until 2018.

Comments

Sanlmar: Awesome post

Load Metric
    I apologize for the IP ban.

Giving me your IP would also be helpful (go to http://whatsmyip.org to find this out).
    I can walk you through this Sonatine.

Again, great post. Dont overlook the Youtube link Sonatine provided.

I studied electronic engineering in a former life. Especially early on, I would leave class thinking "that is fucking cool".

This video had me once again thinking "that is fucking cool"

Life as an electronic engineer is not so fucking cool as you realize you are just a tool grinding shit to the finish line. Troubleshooting was fun but never matched the joy of learning.

Edit: if HP wasn't run by a woman, especially THAT woman, I'd go long. Chart looks like DJ Chaps greenline. Nice run.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-16-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Thread Information