Page 49 of 418 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

You bought one fucking bitcoin and are posting about it here? I suppose its better than Druff's .1 but shit.
    Yes. Sorry if talking about a little $700 gamble is beneath you.
    Easy there barkeep. I'm not looking to get into a dick swinging contest with a guy who owns a bitcoin. You could have bought 300 two years ago for the same amount. Why you would pay $700 for a pretend currency is beyond me. What's the end game? It goes to 900 and you make a couple hundred? BFD.

China told it to fuck off
    Russia told it to fuck off
    Apple told it to fuck off
    Once the US does the same it's over.

Oh wait, that's right. Overstock accepts it. BFD

If I recall correctly, the only person on here who made any real money from this thing was China and he got in at around $20 and didn't tell anyone. Now guys are buying 0.1 BTC and bragging about it like they won the lottery....Like they fucking struck oil.

The bitcoin ship has sailed as far as I'm concerned. Sure it could go up in the near term but eventually it will go the way of the beanie baby and tulips.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: " I'm not looking to get into a dick swinging contest with a guy who owns a bitcoin." A+

garrett: lol Crowe Diddly

Load Metric

Easy there barkeep. I'm not looking to get into a dick swinging contest with a guy who owns a bitcoin. You could have bought 300 two years ago for the same amount. Why you would pay $700 for a pretend currency is beyond me. What's the end game? It goes to 900 and you make a couple hundred? BFD.

If I recall correctly, the only person on here who made any real money from this thing was China and he got in at around $20 and didn't tell anyone. Now guys are buying 0.1 BTC and bragging about it like they won the lottery....Like they fucking struck oil.

The bitcoin ship has sailed as far as I'm concerned. Sure it could go up in the near term but eventually it will go the way of the beanie baby and tulips.
    Wow you're a cock sucking douche bag aren't you... I love how shits like you hide behind the comp calling people out, but hide because they talk so much shit they're afraid to let any info about them come out. Nice...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

Wow you're a cock sucking douche bag aren't you... I love how shits like you hide behind the comp calling people out, but hide because they talk so much shit they're afraid to let any info about them come out. Nice...
    Well what do you want to know? I don't own any bitcoin. That's obvious. I own 2002.100 shares of VFIAX. I own 1591.438 shares of YACKX. I have another 200k in MM fund. My house is 400k and I own it outright. My business is over 200k. I make 200k a year. I have about 10k in outstanding credit cards. You want my cocksize too?

Comments

gauchojake: settle down dork

DRK Star: swings his dick when he feels its appropriate

4Dragons: OUTRIGHT

Load Metric
    What's the end game?

Honestly, its pure speculative gambling.

If a blue chip stock was fluctuating 20% a day, every swinging dick on the forum would have bruised fingertips from ranting about how they were mortgaging their house to buy more.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Jesus Christ, WTF is wrong with you? How you came to the conclusion that I was "bragging" about owning 1 BTC is beyond me. I was simply just gambling a little here trying to make a quick couple hundo. I wasn't planning on getting rich on this...lol. You really are a self absorbed prick.

Load Metric

Jesus Christ, WTF is wrong with you? How you came to the conclusion that I was "bragging" about owning 1 BTC is beyond me. I was simply just gambling a little here trying to make a quick couple hundo. I wasn't planning on getting rich on this...lol. You really are a self absorbed prick.
    Bartender,

Self absorbed my white ass. I haven't bragged about money in over a year. The douchebag above said nobody knows shit about me and now they do. If you can't take a little good natured ribbing then go back to DD. Now make me a bloody mary and shut the fuck up. I'll tip you in bitcoin.

Load Metric

Bartender,

Self absorbed my white ass. I haven't bragged about money in over a year. The douchebag above said nobody knows shit about me and now they do. If you can't take a little good natured ribbing then go back to DD. Now make me a bloody mary and shut the fuck up. I'll tip you in bitcoin.
    It's funny that a guy that cuts grass for a living would feel the need to put down what someone else does. Says a lot about you Pooh.

Comments

Pooh: Guys that cut grass for a living don't make 200k. I bartended for 10 yrs.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Serious question:

Is there a service that will call or text you if bitcoin falls below a designated level?

If so, I want to sign up for it.

If not, I think I will build it and charge money for it.

Comments

Deal: Hire Marty to design it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Serious question:

Is there a service that will call or text you if bitcoin falls below a designated level?

there's a bunch of them, sorry, a great idea but a little late. One example:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zero...643184018?mt=8

ZeroBlock combines Bitcoin market exchange data with an aggregated news feed to give you a platform for instantaneous access to everything that is happening in the Bitcoin market. This app allows you to monitor the current Bitcoin (BTC) exchange rates. Free alerts are sent via push notifications directly to your phone.

Comments

4Dragons: THANKS OBAMA

Gold
    Load Metric
    So basically Gox is saying there's a fundamental flaw in the entire bitcoin system that allows people to spoof an error in receiving bitcoins, when in reality they have been received. Then they can request them to be re-sent and get double-paid.
    Anyway, back to 2014.

Is Gox telling the truth, the partial truth, or lying?

"Partial truth" means that Gox is telling the truth about the bitcoin flaw, but there are other actual reasons for them not processing withdrawals.
    I have had an interest in this for a bit, as you can see I posted in this thread a few days ago asking for price predictions regarding Gox's failure. Several days ago I was sent a pastebin by a bitcoin developer that was an irc discussion of the issue. I didn't fully follow the explanation, but my understanding is the problem is with Gox's bitcoind implementation. The reference implementation of bitcoind sucks as one might expect when it comes to scalability. So Gox made their own and it had an issue that didn't come to the surface until recently when the bitcoind reference implementation was changed. This screwed with Gox's internal accounting procedures. This was my understanding before this was released by Gox.

You can write bad software that lets people doublespend then blame it on bitcoin. It gives bitcoin a blackeye and gox can claim they didn't have anything to do with it.

One of the problems is Gox is still seen as being a lot more important than it actually is. This is due to the media's attachment to Gox from when it used to be one of the few if only exchanges. Most people deep into bitcoins don't care about Gox anymore outside the undeserved impact it has on bitcoin perception.

Skated Thru to PFA WP Title BHS's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Serious question:

I use "bitcoin paranoid" on android, it has a custom alarm that notifies you of a price change of various customizable percentages.. you can set the refresh rate, etc... Very handy.

Comments

vegas1369: Cool. TY.

Skated Thru to PFA WP Title BHS's Avatar
    Load Metric

Pooh - You must be the captain of the USSIgnoranacne and you just need to just STFU. Don't even reply with your drivel until you've listened to this whole thing..

Gold
    Load Metric
    https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/?p=418

This is a blog/press release from the actual bitcoin devs. It repeats what I said earlier. You will not find a better source than the bitcoinfoundation.org blog.

So that was definitely the problem.. and the numerous holes that Sonatine found in his spare time which mtgox then later found and repaired before anyone else in the world found them. What a Superman.

Comments

sonatine: chugging the koolaid

Load Metric
    Bitcoin Exchanges Under ‘Massive and Concerted Attack’
    Emily Spaven (@emilyspaven) | Published on February 11, 2014 at 17:50 GMT | Bitstamp, Exchanges, News

A “massive and concerted attack” has been launched by a bot system on numerous bitcoin exchanges, Andreas Antonopoulos has revealed.

The chief security officer of Blockchain.info said a DDoS attack is taking Bitcoin’s transaction malleability problem and applying it to many transactions in the network, simultaneously.

“So as transactions are being created, malformed/parallel transactions are also being created so as to create a fog of confusion over the entire network, which then affects almost every single implementation out there,” he added.

Antonopoulos went on to say that Blockchain.info’s implementation is not affected, but some exchanges have been affected – their internal accounting systems are gradually going out of sync with the network.

He stressed that this isn’t affecting withdrawals, because these exchanges are not processing them automatically.

Antonopoulos said we will see a few exchanges suspend withdrawals temporarily while they re-work their accounting systems to ensure they are not confused by the attack.

“It’s important to note no funds have been lost. Withdrawals have been halted to prevent funds from being lost or to prevent the balances from going out of sync,” he stressed.

Industry action

An industry-wide coordinated response has been put into action, with exchanges and core developers collaborating actively to attack the problem from multiple angles.

Various other groups within the ecosystem, including the big mining pools, are working to stop it the issue from propagating across the network.

Any exchanges that are affected are working on fixing their internal systems so they correct the account balances and can resume withdrawals as soon as possible.

“I would expect to see withdrawals flowing again within 24 and 72 hours, and in the meantime, any withdrawals that were cancelled will reappear in the customer account balances,” Antonopoulos explained.

Bitstamp has issued the following statement:

Dear Bitstamp users

Bitstamp’s exchange software is extremely cautious concerning Bitcoin transactions. Currently it has suspended processing Bitcoin withdrawals due to inconsistent results reported by our bitcoind wallet, caused by a denial-of-service attack using transaction malleability to temporarily disrupt balance checking. As such, Bitcoin withdrawal processing will be suspended temporarily until a software fix is issued.

No funds have been lost and no funds are at risk.

This is a denial-of-service attack made possible by some misunderstandings in the Bitcoin wallet implementation. These misunderstandings have simple solutions that are being implemented as we speak, and we’re confident everything will be back to normal shortly.

Withdrawals which failed on the 10th and 11th of February will be canceled and the amounts added back to the customer account balances.

We will communicate any further developments regarding this issue.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards
    Bitstamp team
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Race to zero

Load Metric
    Pretty easy to spot where there is major support.

Name:  chart.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  104.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Bitcoin Special Olympics

I like $660 support better.

We are in play. Finish below $660 and the buses will be waiting to take the players home.

Those who chase straights and flushes arrive in cars and leave on buses.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  72.2 KB

Load Metric
    Bitcoin announces it's gay and the Russians ban it's use.

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL

Load Metric
    $640 next stop and might offer a struggle. Where are the Winkelvii?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm a little out of the loop with this but what bitcoin exchange is being used the most right now currently?

In other words I'm wondering what exchange provides the most accurate pricing which to me that is going to be the one that does the biggest volume now that we can rule out mtgox.

Comments

Salty_Aus: Bitstamp

Thread Information