Page 135 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 8358

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    A lot of people in poker are looking to buy and sell BTC.

nothing should be a bigger red flag regarding the future of BTC than this.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    tine would have been in on the ground floor if they were called titcoin

cuz he has man boobs yall

Comments

lewfather: cuz they saggin

Load Metric
    GringoStar: this tulip? the scarcity of BTC is guaranteed, check out your local GOV currency
    This statement is a mirror image of the most fanatical members of bitcointalk, dreamers, irrational and soon to be punched in the gut.

No one doubts the rarity or set numbers of bitcoins, no one is arguing the government doesn't print non backed paper at will. I have no issue with buying and selling or profit making from BTC, it even allows some uses.

My long term issue and what you will eventually realize is being right makes no difference. This world does not work like that, especially our financial institutions. Do you honestly believe the world super powers and financial system will allow anything other than their chosen replacement to ultimately succeed this one?

Even if one were to over look that very important obstacle above you would then need to explain to me why the hell a BTC should hold any value? It is the technology (chain) behind it that will allow for advancements and the real value. The very fact people used to use salt, wooden sticks etc as monetary tools speaks to why a bitcoin holds value (because we give it that power and had the power to mutually agree to do so) but that can change just as fast as the salt and sticks.

In the mean time enjoy your uses and trading but BTC is not long term or the end, if anything the beginning advancements of technology in the financial sector.

Just remember "we" gave BTC value and one day someone will be holding it when its worthless. You make no formal argument why BTC is not something that cannot be copied or reformatted and it alone has value. Exactly why one day "we" will give it none.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I did not see this info on the last few pages. I don't know enough about Bitcoin to comment. Just an fyi.

World’s first Bitcoin bank opens in Austrian capital Vienna

The world’s first dedicated bitcoin bank has opened in the center of the Austrian capital Vienna.

It is designed to make buying and selling bitcoin easier and safer than other in-person options.

The digital currency outlet is owned and managed by a local Blockchain startup Bit Trust and is named simply ‘Bitcoin-Bank.’

The ATM machines exchange bitcoin for euro, and vice versa. Customers can also get information about the virtual currency.
    http://www.hangthebankers.com/worlds...apital-vienna/

Load Metric
    what's austrian for

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but is it possible to have a reliable method for depositing and withdrawing USD to Bitcoin and vice versa, and using the Bitcoin to deposit and withdraw from online card rooms or sports books, such that the card room or sports book will not be able to know my identity?
    betcoin.ag is brilliant, not sure if it works in the USA though
    BALLIN'!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    U.S. trial set over bitcoin exchange linked to JPMorgan hack probe

By Nate Raymond | NEW YORK
    A Florida software engineer and a New Jersey pastor are expected on Monday to face trial in a case stemming from an investigation into a bitcoin exchange and a data breach at JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N).

Jury selection is set to begin in Manhattan federal court in the case of Yuri Lebedev, who authorities call the architect of bitcoin exchange Coin.mx's electronic platform, and Trevon Gross, a pastor and ex-chairman of a now-defunct credit union.

Prosecutors contend Lebedev schemed to deceive financial institutions into processing transactions for the unlicensed Coin.mx. They say he also participated in bribing Gross to gain control over the credit union to facilitate the virtual currency business.

Both men have pleaded not guilty. Eric Creizman, Lebedev's lawyer, said he was "looking forward to his day in court." Gross' attorneys did not respond to requests for comment.

They are among nine people who have faced charges following an investigation connected to a breach JPMorgan disclosed in 2014 that exposed more than 83 million accounts.

Gross, 52, and Lebedev, 39, were not accused of hacking.

But they came under scrutiny in connection with Coin.mx, which authorities said was operated by Anthony Murgio, who attended Florida State University with Lebedev, and was owned by an Israeli behind the JPMorgan breach, Gery Shalon.

Prosecutors say Shalon, together with Maryland-born Joshua Samuel Aaron, orchestrated cyber attacks that resulted in the theft of over 100 million peoples' information.

Prosecutors said they carried out the cyber crimes to further other schemes with another Israeli, Ziv Orenstein, including pumping up stock prices with promotional emails. Shalon, Aaron and Orenstein have pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutors said Coin.mx operated through a front called "Collectables Club" to trick financial institutions into believing it was a memorabilia club while it converted, with no license, millions of dollars into bitcoin.

To further evade scrutiny, in 2014, Murgio, with Lebedev's help, tried to take over Helping Other People Excel Federal Credit Union of Jackson, New Jersey, which was linked to HOPE Cathedral.

Gross' lawyers deny he was lining his pockets with what they call a church donation and say Collectables Club victimized the board.

Federal regulators took the credit union into conservatorship in 2015. Murgio pleaded guilty in January.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cy...-idUSKBN15S144

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ^^^ That has a LOT of similarities to what was going on with SunFirst Bank and online poker payment processing in 2010-2011.

Interesting that this seemed to come out because Chase got hacked.

Talk about bad luck.

Load Metric
    On a vaguely related note, one of the big cyber predictions making the rounds last week is that 2017 is the year a major bank folds because of a hack.

Load Metric
    Illinois bump

get yer bitcoin. get yer video poker. Druff, yer in luck. it's a one stop shop for ya

Name:  16806969_10212419779238358_4267465373456613151_n.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  136.0 KB

Comments

hongkonger: I-94 rep
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Apologies if someone trotted this out already but its becoming SOP for major corps to have a cache of bitcoin handy to pay criminals for ransomware decryption.

Comments

LarryLaffer: do you get google alerts when this thread is bumped?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    On a vaguely related note, one of the big cyber predictions making the rounds last week is that 2017 is the year a major bank folds because of a hack.

I was talking with someone at RSA who is known for his extremely accurate cyber predictions. Not only has he echoed the bank hack. He also predicts that a major infrastructure event will occur. He is more concerned about the latter.

Load Metric
    Meanwhile...

Name:  20170218_203927.png
Views: 399
Size:  20.7 KB

"Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post

I was talking with someone at RSA who is known for his extremely accurate cyber predictions. Not only has he echoed the bank hack. He also predicts that a major infrastructure event will occur. He is more concerned about the latter.

infrastructure is always a concern, there is a great line in that documentary about stuxnet to the effect of 'its a fairly easy thing to take down critical infrastructure, but it take weeks to put it back together'.

its weird to imagine that it used to be strictly the realm of fringe loons to be like "WHAT DO I NEED TO SURVIVE THE GRID GOING DOWN FOR 30 DAYS MAN" and now its like, just common sense to be prepared to mitigate that reality.

Load Metric

infrastructure is always a concern, there is a great line in that documentary about stuxnet to the effect of 'its a fairly easy thing to take down critical infrastructure, but it take weeks to put it back together'.

its weird to imagine that it used to be strictly the realm of fringe loons to be like "WHAT DO I NEED TO SURVIVE THE GRID GOING DOWN FOR 30 DAYS MAN" and now its like, just common sense to be prepared to mitigate that reality.
    Is it a real coincidence that several of the most intelligent threat researchers live literally in what I can only describe as swanky bomb shelters off the grid in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming?

Load Metric

Is it a real coincidence that several of the most intelligent threat researchers live literally in what I can only describe as swanky bomb shelters off the grid in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming?
    nod, and are in weirdly amazing physical condition and wear sandals and they use the phrase 'in theater' in conversation and im like

Load Metric
    1960's era Titan II ICBM silos & affiliated structures ringing Tucson have been converted into dwellings and a museum.

http://www.titanmissilemuseum.org/
    for scale. 9 megaton warhead re-entry vehicle cut open to comply with treaty. NASA used this rocket as the Mercury.

Name:  Tucson05_TitanICBM.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  161.1 KB

east side of I-10 north of Marana. straight west from this on the other side of I-10 is Pinal/Marana Airpark. Was the maintenance base for CIA's Air America airline.

Name:  missle base road.JPG
Views: 408
Size:  86.8 KB

Anway rd. south of Avra Valley rd. walls still painted that nauseous green above ground.

Name:  missle base entry.JPG
Views: 344
Size:  62.1 KB

Name:  missle base11.JPG
Views: 412
Size:  111.9 KB

Name:  missle base3.JPG
Views: 393
Size:  117.9 KB

Name:  missle base2.JPG
Views: 399
Size:  112.7 KB
    “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    Stephen Hawking

Load Metric
    Anything can happen on light volume. Traders can push it easily any way they want.

The next milestone is March 11 when the SEC rules on the Bitcoin ETF's. I think I got that date right. I ain't interested enough to fact check.

The SEC backing and the fresh money will be huge. Then again, the SEC might be pressured to reject. That'll be fun too.

Generally, you gotta fade anything the Winkelvii are involved in.

Load Metric
    My bet...

No ETF granted

Price MAY do a very minor dip then back to same within day(s).

The lul will set again.

Load Metric
    $1,118
    BALLIN'!!

Thread Information