Page 126 of 419 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 8362

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Bitcoin is good for gambling, transferring money back and forth on the internet, and paying personal debts quickly.

It's not good for online merchants or the average consumer because of both the volatility and security issues.

You know that situation that just occurred with Bitfinex, where ALL users of the site took a 36% haircut on their "safe" funds, through no fault of their own (aside from foolishly leaving funds on an exchange)?

Yeah, that's the type of thing which will keep bitcoin from hitting mainstream.

Also, it's too overly complicated for the average internet user to understand.

It's also not even begun to earn the attention of the secret service, doj, so on.

You know why?

Because no one gives a fuck about bitcoins who arent fringe weirdos.

Comments

GringoStar: Please come back to this thread in 5 years, so you can laugh at yourself.

badguy23: Is Gringo Micon? Or just one of his drone buddies?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Bitcoin is good for gambling, transferring money back and forth on the internet, and paying personal debts quickly.

It's not good for online merchants or the average consumer because of both the volatility and security issues.

You know that situation that just occurred with Bitfinex, where ALL users of the site took a 36% haircut on their "safe" funds, through no fault of their own (aside from foolishly leaving funds on an exchange)?

Yeah, that's the type of thing which will keep bitcoin from hitting mainstream.

Also, it's too overly complicated for the average internet user to understand.
    Fair enough Druff, but it's a vicious cycle. The volatility hurts the adoption but the lack of adoption is what stops the volatility from settling.

Bitfinex got hacked, but the truth is that all banks get hacked all the time for huge sums of money. Granted BOA isn't getting 36% of their holding taken in a week, but they get back-doored for 40+ million regularly.

Most banks understand that cryptocurrency is not a matter of IF, but WHEN. Bitcoin may end up being the MS-DOS of crytocurrency, but for right now it is heavily segmented to gift credit, gambling, and online shopping. But as ecommerce increases drastically, we will definitely see more and more security measure for BTC, the same way the credit cards have had to adapt to the Internet as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoStar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Gringo, you put that list out there.

Back up Home Depot or Square for me. I got my Bitcoin wallet and will do a trip report.

I frequent a couple little shops downtown that use Square with their phone to process payments like credit cards.

One is a barber shop and I am due. Lady works hard and I am not gonna fuck her or the waiting customers up without some reasonable assurance you are right.

I could google but you made the claim
    I googled that list, first of all.

I am not even sure what you are asking me right now... How to use BTC to make purchases with Home Depot and Square?
    Huh? Yeah. Isn't that what we are talking about?

Gonna let the fact that you straight mumbled some list slide.

I know those tatted and pierced kids at Zappos do Bitcoin. Hseih is a crazy fuck.

Are you coming around to the difference between blockchain tech and Bitcoin (which is what this thread is about?). Cause yeah, a contributing factor in BTC DD will be banks harnessing the tech.... but they are gonna drag their feet until someone makes the first move and forces them. Hurts earnings.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-15-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Load Metric

I am not even sure what you are asking me right now... How to use BTC to make purchases with Home Depot and Square?

I know those tatted and pierced kids at Zappos do Bitcoin. Hseih is a crazy fuck.

Egifter.com and Gyft.com handle a lot of what you are looking for.

Again, you criticize the list, as if you have some basis to question whether anything on that list works with BTC. Your confusion on the subject should not embolden you to question something written by a tech journalist who just posted the list earlier this month.

Load Metric

Are you coming around to the difference between blockchain tech and Bitcoin (which is what this thread is about?)

Arent you tired of having this conversation with every random who thinks Bitcoins are neat?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Are you coming around to the difference between blockchain tech and Bitcoin (which is what this thread is about?)

Arent you tired of having this conversation with every random who thinks Bitcoins are neat?
    You know, I gotta start comin down hard. I do respect the old school program. I am guilty of being open to hope with the yutes. Krypt comes to mind as a promising rookie.

Threads been slow, ya know. Pretty much resolved.

Gotta laugh. This thread is like 3 years old with thousands of posts. No respect for the work you've put in. Karpeles. Dread Pirate. You're on the news. The booms and busts. It's been a good thread.

So random has no respect. Now I've lost my own.

Comments

GringoStar: Please, come down hard. I would love to hear more lack of information posing as condescending expertise.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

You know, I gotta start comin down hard. I do respect the old school program. I am guilty of being open to hope with the yutes. Krypt comes to mind as a promising rookie.

Threads been slow, ya know. Pretty much resolved.

Gotta laugh. This thread is like 3 years old with thousands of posts. No respect for the work you've put in. Karpeles. Dread Pirate. You're on the news. The booms and busts. It's been a good thread.

So random has no respect. Now I've lost my own.
    Are you being serious? You expose your own ignorance and then blame me for correcting someone else's uneducated characterization of BTC's current status as a currency.

Then you bring up benchmarks in Bitcoin history, as if they haven't existed outside of this thread.

I haven't heard one credible argument out of either of you and then when you run out of shitty ammo you run back to the-good-old-days routine. I am not some teenager just because I haven't been swapping farts with you morons since 2013.

Bring real, considered information or I'll keep picking away at your bullshit.

Load Metric

Bitfinex got hacked, but the truth is that all banks get hacked all the time for huge sums of money. Granted BOA isn't getting 36% of their holding taken in a week, but they get back-doored for 40+ million regularly.
    Uhhhh...citation?

Load Metric
    GET HIM BARROLD

Comments

sonatine: get that man barriel

wrenchjockey: Barrgiel about to bring it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

Uhhhh...citation?
    I don't have an exact citation for the 40+ million - I remember it from a 60 minutes episode covering a Chinese hack of the Pentagon... they described how common it was for large hacks of governments and and corporations to go unreported. I will keep looking for the episode if you are curious and not just nit-picking and trying hard to find anything wrong with what I am saying, instead of addressing the thrust of my argument. When a few hacking syndicates steal hundreds of billions of dollars from banks in the North America every year, I would say that BOA taking a few major hits is easy to believe considering they are the second largest bank in North America.

But you guys should keep trying to ban me - I would love to know for what, aside from proving your boy Sonatine needs to polish up on his subject-matters before getting on his high horse. Druff may even agree with you about BTC being limited and not going mainstream, but I respectfully disagree, as he thought they were dead when they dropped down below $300USD 2 years ago. We can't be an expert on everything.

So, while I know you guys hate that I brought a counterargument with facts to the table and disturbed your precious thread, I am still waiting for any kind of counterargument that involves real information and not more than conjecture or references about how n00bs are ruining PFA. That is an argument for someone who is unarmed and defensive - can't fend for themselves so they slither back in their comfort zone with their other under-informed buddies.

Load Metric

Uhhhh...citation?
    I don't have an exact citation for the 40+ million - I remember it from a 60 minutes episode covering a Chinese hack of the Pentagon... they described how common it was for large hacks of governments and and corporations to go unreported. I will keep looking for the episode if you are curious and not just nit-picking and trying hard to find anything wrong with what I am saying, instead of addressing the thrust of my argument. When a few hacking syndicates steal hundreds of billions of dollars from banks in the North America every year, I would say that BOA taking a few major hits is easy to believe considering they are the second largest bank in North America.

But you guys should keep trying to ban me - I would love to know for what, aside from proving your boy Sonatine needs to polish up on his subject-matters before getting on his high horse. Druff may even agree with you about BTC being limited and not going mainstream, but I respectfully disagree, as he thought they were dead when they dropped down below $300USD 2 years ago. We can't be an expert on everything.

So, while I know you guys hate that I brought a counterargument with facts to the table and disturbed your precious thread, I am still waiting for any kind of counterargument that involves real information and not more than conjecture or references about how n00bs are ruining PFA. That is an argument for someone who is unarmed and defensive - can't fend for themselves so they slither back in their comfort zone with their other under-informed buddies.
    A "hack" can be getting employee email addresses.

You're spouting ridiculous bullshit with no basis in fact.

Comments

GringoStar: Does this pass as a counterargument on here? You March 2012 guys live in your own bubble where outside facts are rejected.

Load Metric

A "hack" can be getting employee email addresses.

You're spouting ridiculous bullshit with no basis in fact.
    I am sorry, is your stance that banks don't lose hundreds of millions of dollars from direct hacks to financial accounts? I am not going to do research for you, but spend 2 minutes to look around and you'll see countless reports of cyber attacks on banks netting hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars. Want some links? I'll post some. Last time I posted a link crushing the dreams of armchair experts, I was accused of trying to hard and trying to show off. Oh, and I was accused of using Google.

On another topic, please point to what I am wrong about when it comes to BTC or the fact that banks are highly susceptible to attack. You have absolutely no point, you are just trying to defend your internet butt buddy.

You guys are just full of hollow criticism, but desperately lacking information. I would love to have a conversation on here with someone who knows what they are talking about, but financial experts (like Mumbles, apparently) don't disagree with what I am saying because what I am saying comes directly from experts who know a lot more about crytocurrency and fintech than any of you mean girl fuckboys.

Load Metric
    . Want some links? I'll post some. .
    Yes. That's why my first post was just a request for a citation. You respended with a worthless half-remembered 60 Minitues reference.

Load Metric
    Yes. That's why my first post was just a request for a citation. You respended with a worthless half-remembered 60 Minitues reference.
    Right, but that was one piece of my argument. I am not writing a fucking research paper for you, I was referencing the fact that hackers hit banks for hundreds of millions each year. To your point, perhaps I should have been less specific since I couldn't pull up the primary source immediately.

I would love to hear your opinion on the matter, aside from just trying to poke holes in a part of my argument that has almost no bearing on what I was man-plaining to you bitches.

Load Metric

Right, but that was one piece of my argument. I am not writing a fucking research paper for you, I was referencing the fact that hackers hit banks for hundreds of millions each year. To your point, perhaps I should have been less specific since I couldn't pull up the primary source immediately.

I would love to hear your opinion on the matter, aside from just trying to poke holes in a part of my argument that has almost no bearing on what I was man-plaining to you bitches.
    It's a "fact" that you can't seem to support with any evidence. Hackers of course hit banks in Bangladesh, Russia, and anywhere else running pirated copies of Windows 98. I'm talking about the US.

My opinion is that bitcoin is a solution is search of a problem. It's theoreticly very secure, but in practice clearly insecure. If bitcoin was going to blow up, it would have happenned already. I can see dollar denominated blockchain technologies taking off.

Load Metric
    Here list examples. I may have overstepped with my vague memory of a BOA stat, so YOU GOT ME. But otherwise, I haven't one legitimate point out of any of you on this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/01/bu...d-banking.html

http://www.securityweek.com/hackers-...-kaspersky-lab

http://www.computerworld.com/article...0-million.html

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2010/03/c...s-in-the-dust/

Comments

wrenchjockey: This nigga said 'here is some examples'

MumblesBadly: First they bitch about googled links, then they ask for them, then some douchebag plays grammar Nazi. Go fuck yourself, wrenchy!
    Last edited by GringoStar; 08-16-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Load Metric
    I guess wrench jockey is resorting to spell checking, since I've pretty much proved my point. I made a spelling error and couldn't find the original source for one example about BOA getting hacked. Otherwise, I haven't heard one good argument that supports you fucking retards trying to prove that Bitcoin is "donktown" since 2013.

I would be angry too if I held a strong opinion based on limited information and then had some random come into my little safe space and throw feces in my face. You look weak when you:

1) Resort to finding typos and grammatical issues on a FORUM.

2) Try to split hairs about small facts that do nothing to disprove my point.

3) Resort to insults or try to team-up with your mean girl clique and try to talk about how it was great before these "show-offs" came in here.

Your attempts to insult and find flaws and then fall back into your pack of idiots is revealing. I SEE YOU. ALL OF YOU. You can't seem to shut down one squeaky wheel who happens to know a little bit more about fintech than you. But it also seems to happen in other subject-matters. Maybe we'll meet in a thread where you know anything about what's being discussed and you can chat with the adults.

Comments

wrenchjockey: DIDN'T HURT. Also wouldn't that be GRAMMAR checking? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dancing monkey on a string. "Here is a list examples" BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MumblesBadly: Countering the nattering nabob.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Please don't let my shenanigans make you think that I know dick about your precious little fake internet shekels. For that matter, you should also not allow yourself to think I've participated in this thread in any manner other than rabble-rousing.

How's your rabble? So roused.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Please don't let my shenanigans make you think that I know dick about your precious little fake internet shekels. For that matter, you should also not allow yourself to think I've participated in this thread in any manner other than rabble-rousing.

It's so easy to nit-pick and then claim you have more to offer. You are rabble-rousing someone who came into here to rabble-rouse the BTC deniers.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post

It's so easy to nit-pick and then claim you have more to offer. You are rabble-rousing someone who came into here to rabble-rouse the BTC deniers.

Ok, let me dumb it way down then. I don't know shit, nor do I give any of my precious fucks, about anything to do with BTC. I'm just here for the lols.

Thread Information