Page 157 of 419 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 8375

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Death is unlikely, since the early collectors of bitcoin were mostly younger people, and they also would have seen the run-up in 2013.

What is more likely is "lost" bitcoins -- ones stored offline on failed hardware.

Khalwat mentioned on radio that he had a number of bitcoin on a computer he used in a work environment, which is now "in a landfill somewhere" and is now inaccessible, perhaps with as much as $100,000 of bitcoin on it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/it...on-f2D11669738

7500 btc = $15,000,000 rotting in a landfill someplace.
    yuk

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    The bargain hunters or more likely bagholders showed up today. Did over $10,000 volume today in the ATM.
    Don't you wonder if it wasn't one guy?

He needs to see a $200 rise just to break even. Could well be an online gambler too.

Appreciate your story. Keep posting it
    It was more than one person. I have a hidden camera in the place. Lol. Mainly young people use it. Small money is done by blacks, big money by whites and Asians. 95% are male. I am assuming most people are buying for fear of missing out on the next big thing. Most of them are going to end up being bagholders because they have no exit strategy. That is why my machine is sell bitcoin only. If there is a panic to the exits, I don't want them trying to sell it back to me. No thanks.

Platinum
    Load Metric

He needs to see a $200 rise just to break even. Could well be an online gambler too.

It was more than one person. I have a hidden camera in the place. Lol. Mainly young people use it. Small money is done by blacks, big money by whites and Asians. 95% are male. I am assuming most people are buying for fear of missing out on the next big thing. Most of them are going to end up being bagholders because they have no exit strategy. That is why my machine is sell bitcoin only. If there is a panic to the exits, I don't want them trying to sell it back to me. No thanks.
    don't know if you've answered this already so if you have my bad...

have no idea about bitcoin ATMs...what do these ATMs actually sell? I know bitcoin, but in what form? physical form that has the amount of BTC on it, a paper receipt with the amount on it...as a financial market so to speak this shit is very interesting...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

have no idea about bitcoin ATMs...what do these ATMs actually sell? I know bitcoin, but in what form? physical form that has the amount of BTC on it, a paper receipt with the amount on it...as a financial market so to speak this shit is very interesting...
    I am going to guess he spits out a ticket with a pin you redeem on a website that asks for your wallet address.

Love the camera.

Guarantee Snake & company aren't pumping this with sufficient touches of advertising near machine. He needs to slam this bonanza hard and payback the machine and freeroll asap.

Bitcoin charts, Bitcoin news, poker player or gambling news. Get permission to cross sell with MyBookie. Work it baby, work it

Have the balls to post poker sites that accept Bitcoin

Load Metric

So whats the deal for PFA members looking to buy over the net?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

GET A FUCKING LIFE RETARD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

GET A FUCKING LIFE RETARD

What time is it in Mexico should you be drunk already?

A follow up to last nights ETH venture, I will call for $400 ETH in coming months. How long this lasts or how its ends I have no idea but $400 ETH coming.
    Last edited by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece; 05-31-2017 at 05:25 AM.

*giggling*
    Load Metric

not sure, but this might be the one where the visionary micon disses our short sighted leader

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

To be technical, they are bitcoin kiosks and not ATMs. You open your bitcoin wallet on your phone and then click receive and that generates a QR code. At the terminal, you scan that QR code so the machine knows where to send the bitcoin to. Then you insert the cash and press send. There are dozens of videos on youtube for various machines, they all work the same way.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Interesting/Thanks For The Education Rep

Load Metric
    Chart is forming an ascending triangle formation that signals accumulation

This is a bullish sign. First the Dodgers & now this.

It's some kind of test

Load Metric
    Any thoughts on when POS is going to arrive for ETH?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

On a side note I am essentially all in on ETH, they have a few things in the pipeline which = pump and the cheaper yet considered as good coin is the better bus imo.

Time will tell

Load Metric

On a side note I am essentially all in on ETH, they have a few things in the pipeline which = pump and the cheaper yet considered as good coin is the better bus imo.

Time will tell

I started to re-provision my mining gear for ETH last night. Obviously Im insanely late to the game but the general feeling seems to be that there will be at least another 12 months of mining available before they shift to a non-mineable deployment.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Had some foreign dude dump 10k into the machine today. He was putting the 100's in so fast that the machine couldn't keep up. Kind of funny. The biggest headache encountered so far is the cash. To keep the doors open, you need to have 4 things going on:

1) BTC available 24/7
    2) Cash on an exchange 24/7 to replace BTC sold
    3) Someone picking up the cash
    4) Wiring that money from the bank to the exchange (e.g. coinbase.com)

While you are waiting for step #4 to happen, steps #1 and #2 are being depleted. So you gotta make sure step #4 happens before step #1 & #2 go to $0.

Load Metric
    Had some foreign dude dump 10k into the machine today. He was putting the 100's in so fast that the machine couldn't keep up. Kind of funny. The biggest headache encountered so far is the cash. To keep the doors open, you need to have 4 things going on:

1) BTC available 24/7

While you are waiting for step #4 to happen, steps #1 and #2 are being depleted. So you gotta make sure step #4 happens before step #1 & #2 go to $0.

So you're running hand to mouth?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Bitcoin is interesting in that it's either gonna work long term or it won't.

Short term it's obv gonna have tons of rises and dips. In 5 years if it works it will be worth minimum 10x's what it is now. If it doesn't it will be worth pennies.

I'm not smart enough to predict short term moves. props to those who are.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Stueyivey View Post
    Bitcoin is interesting in that it's either gonna work long term or it won't.

Spoiler alert:

It wont.

Comments

GringoStar: I concede that, like every relationship, it will fail. Hedge your bets and invest in Coinbase, if possible.

Gold
    Load Metric

1) BTC available 24/7

No. We are not playing on a short bankroll. I got 20k in Bitcoin, 50k on exchange and 40-50k cash from the ATM. And I can get plenty more if I need it. We don't feel comfortable keeping huge money on the exchanges. And the other problem is finding a bank to accept the cash. And if you start sending from your personal account to an exchange, that could get shut down. If the exchanges were safe like Bank of America, my partner would wire them a million and life would be easy.

The point of my post I guess was that if anyone wants their own machine, you are going to need some major fire power.

Platinum
    Load Metric

No. We are not playing on a short bankroll. I got 20k in Bitcoin, 50k on exchange and 40-50k cash from the ATM. And I can get plenty more if I need it. We don't feel comfortable keeping huge money on the exchanges. And the other problem is finding a bank to accept the cash. And if you start sending from your personal account to an exchange, that could get shut down. If the exchanges were safe like Bank of America, my partner would wire them a million and life would be easy.

The point of my post I guess was that if anyone wants their own machine, you are going to need some major fire power.
    how are you minimizing your exposure to BTC while still able to serve customers? I mean BTC has 1999-2000 tech level equity type volatility that as a business owner Id be fucking scared to have exposure to...

guessing you keep dry powder on the sidelines in the exchange and only buy BTC when there is a demand for it from your customers...

Load Metric
    If he keeps USD on the exchange and buys only what he needs then the price doesn't matter per say because his customers pick that up at the atm. The only real risk is buying XXk worth and no one buying at the atm which doesn;t seem like an issue and good for him btw

For me however if you risked not having enough BTC in the machine do to not having enough cash on the exchange Id simply keep XXk on the exchange but to each his own, lost BTC on machine means lost revenue so...

Curious snake, do you have it set up to directly send the BTC on the exchange to the machine? So no time loss?

Also snake there may be a play for you MAY be a play August 1st if segwit is activated, price COULD see a big jump so load up before hand. Mind you could dip too so lol Jury out on if it will be used and what affect on price it may have.
    Last edited by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece; 06-03-2017 at 06:55 AM.

Thread Information