Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
See, they were looking to pin it on a no-name like Travis, and simply say that Russ' computer guy abused his access and cheated everyone. It appears that Travis was willing to go along with this, presumably for some substantial compensation. (This plan was scrapped when Russ' involvement became public and irrefutable.)
This sounds right. But it's still unclear (to me, anyway) how the recordings came about. So, Russ Hamilton obviously intentionally records himself in meetings with these guys (not his attorney) and admits to cheating, admits responsibility, tries to help minimize UB's exposure and cover up the full extent of the wrongdoing and consequent damage, etc., etc.
What was Russ's purpose? To make a record that others should share the blame too, as he didn't want the entire thing pinned solely on him at some point down the road? And then Travis Makar obtains these recordings and keeps them as an insurance policy against the entire thing being pinned on HIM? Even though, apparently Travis "was willing to go along with this, presumably for some substantial compensation"? So if things got bad enough, he could whip out the recordings and say he was framed?

This is pretty confusing... Am I missing something here, or is the above a fair statement of basically what Russ's and Travis's motives are for making and keeping these recordings?
I', assuming that when he realized how easy it was going to be to pin it on Travis he was scared the same might happen to him. Basically a "If I go down I'm taking everyone with me" mentality